test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit - Community Guide

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

First I want to congratulate the Neverwinter team on a fun solo event.

Take a bow people. :smile:
Next this is not "Wendy's Guide" it is a Community Guide, feel free to pitch in below on how this event works.
NOTE: This is not a place for rants, raves, or reviews. It is just the facts, to assist the general public on how it works. I will not ask a moderator to clean up the thread, so please moderate yourself.

As you might know, many players have asked for a legendary mount, either event grind or in the zen store, this mount is both. You can acquire the mount by grinding this event and the 4 more that follow. Sometime late next year you will have 5 tokens and be able to obtain the Warhorse. I am only going for the runic bag, so I need to complete 2 events. The other option is to buy the horse with 5 payments of 2,325 Zen. A grand total of $116.25 US dollars or you can exchange 8,718,750 AD for the 11,625 Zen needed.

To the best of my understanding, at the end of the event anyone playing the full 21 days winning, will have 1 Token of Achievement, 7 Tokens of Flames, and 21 Tokens of Brimstone. Here is what you can and cannot afford at the end of this first event.

Out of the General TAB you will not have enough Brimstone (21 total) to buy the Rank 7 MoP.

Out of the Challenge TAB you should be able to afford several item if you continued playing beyond 14 days.

Out of the Participation TAB you will have 1 token and could buy the Coalescent Ward or the Greater Bag of Holding.
However doing so you will not have enough to afford the mount by the 5th event.

I don't know how much harder it will get but I found the first day to be moderate difficulty and I was "learning on the go". I am going to have fun with this event and if I can't make the 14 day minimum, I am not going to be upset by it. <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    1) Kill stuff.
    2) Use the power-ups that drop.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Day 6 of Hell Pit, nothing new yet, let's see what happens tomorrow.

I never recall seeing this demon before? Anyone got his number?

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    My participation on this community guide ends here on the 8th Day of this event. As promised, the difficulty level increased. I could barely survive round 1 of 5 and then lost twice in round 2 in less than just a few seconds. I took scrolls of life and blew through all 5 in round 2 as well. Enemies got so abundant they overwhelmed me and took us down.

I am pleased with the event, I managed to walk out with 30K in AD from the 20K chest +50% bAD. I have 3 tokens remaining, I will simply wait for the second event and win the first day bringing my total to 4 Brimstone and spend it on another chest.

Again I will congratulate the team on this unique event, I hope everyone has fun playing it. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Same here. I got through round 3. And then round 4 they are all 5 bars and just no way. I switched warlock to healer but just never could do much better in round 4
  • chofranc#0741 chofranc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    How well you perform is random, my first try today was against demons(shadow demon, demon gorilla thing, fire archon) using my hellbringer warlock and i lost it at round 4, too much CC.

My second try was against devils(Erinyes, Demon commander, demon wizard thing, Shocktroop Devil), this one was more tolerable since there wasn't much CC, it was easier, i did it with soulweaver this time and i managed to tank it very well while dealing some decent damage. After the round 5, you get the option to do a bonus round for an extra brimstone token, if you lose you still get the reward for completing the 5 rounds so there is nothing to lose by trying. I lost the bonus round at 19s, too much enemies blocking the path and too much Shocktroop Devils(the big bulky devils).
    Post edited by chofranc#0741 on
  • sevinsyn#2161 sevinsyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Assassin rogue, completed 22 days. Its is hard depending on the buff runes dropped. Key is kiting, using cd's wisely, health stone is a must. After the 14 day mark they will knock you prone. No movement for several seconds. Staff of flowers and mass AoE is mandatory. After that till the next cd timers are up kite and take out those that are low on hp. Eventually end up with the boss at the finish.
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    You could try adding some of the overload enchantment stones from the stronghold gem monger they will add +5% or +10% DPS or Damage reduction vs Demons depending what level you buy. You should be able to slot 2 total so I would recommend 1 of each type if you are having problems. I am not sure if you can stack multiple of the same kind. Maybe someone else on here can answer that.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    there are alcove in each of the larger jumbo gates (without candles) gate that you can partially stand behind that limits enemies direction of attack / combat advantage against you ( very useful in the bonus round ).also makes your aoe more effective as mobs are more compacted ... limits the amount of consumables you will need

there is a set of rocks(1/2) that you can jump / gain height advantage on in the early rounds days 1-7 that dont agro all the mobs right away /at once to rush you .. as time ticks away ./. also limits the amount of consumables you will need

explore and use all terrain on the map to your advantage

not one person mentioned terrain in any thread i have seen so far to use as strategy .. ..only complaints ..

yes its very hard and is supposed to be

Post edited by kalina311 on
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    What IL is the OPs warlock? What gear, enchants mounts comps? Not much of a guide without some meat and potatoes on what gear you had at the start. How toons on yer account can you run thru this event? Is it like tales where you can do as many as you can tolerate before boredom sets in? If you can't run all yer toons thru, is the mount account bound on pick up(or better yet unbound), so you can place with the toon that needs it if that toon wan't capable of making it thru?

I'm not trying to be snarky, but there are a lot of details missing from this guide.