test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Return Our Character Portraits

pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
An unannounced change in mod 16 was the removal of the character portaits from the HUD. This was done without input from players and after it was noticed, drew almost entirely negative feedback. Eventually, a dev said they would consider adding the option back at a later date. Nothing more has been said since then.

Please give us our portraits back. Visuals are a big part of the game for some players. We never asked for a stripped down HUD. This was an ill considered change and it is past time that it was corrected. Give us the option to display/hide portraits so we can decide for ourselves.

@mimicking#6533
@nitocris83
@uimaven
"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Comments

• Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Giving us the option to display them or not is serious the best suggestion! TY
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I agree with Pitshade. Please give us the option to choose to use it or not.
    Post edited by kors#9447 on
  • Options
    award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    +1
    Being able to toggle all portraits in the party is a great idea. I liked all the character portraits showing.
  • Options
    nhogsnhogs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    This has my support as well.
  • Options
    coolgor28#5062 coolgor28 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Yes please bring back protraits
    Guild

The imaginary Friends

Main Kingslayer.jr(barb)
  • Options
    sakamoto#9470 sakamoto Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Agreed, this would be great.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I agree this should be an option. If @pitshade doesn't mind, I would like to add that whoever is in charge of the GUI needs to step forward here in the forums. I for one, would like a lot more hands on control of my HUD appearance. I would like to be able to select the appearance of the reticle and choose not to see it. Others have posted here about the meters (e.g. divinity, aggression, stealth, etc.) and I know it would be nice to give the players the ability to design their own custom displays. It has been done on other games. You just place the GUI images into a mods folder and allow us to alter our personal experience.

The icon is still in the History tab of the character sheet, however I see it gets rendered by the system. If the system pulls the icon from a mods folder on my PC then it saves the time to render it. There is a lot we don't have control over in the user interface that has absolutely nothing to do with security or stability. Thank you.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Now that Mod18 is out if the way, lets not forget our missing faces.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    yes i really like seeing my zoomed in overly large batiri mask that i hope scares other players i team up with <3
  • Options
    kosheverashkosheverash Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes, please return character and party portraits as an option. With all the new options to customize your appearance, it absolutely should return. Their removal was very disappointing!
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    No
    2fv72Fw.png