test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Dazing Strike] of rogue interrupts channeling skills which give cc immunity

dolreydolrey Member Posts: 741 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello :) Here is bug report thread with videos and exact descriptions of this bug.

Rogue's skill [Dazing Strike] after class rework in mod 16 can interrupt channeling skills with cc immunity. Word "Immune" is shown above my character (fighter vanguard) what means that daze effect was properly neutrolised. But then channeling skill with with cc immunity (for example vanguard fighter's tab) just interrupts. No daze applied. And no heal from mount insignias (which work up on taking control effect). So absolutely no control effect, but still something interrupted chanelling skill with cc immunity (for example vanguard fighter's tab). Absolutely no different interactions between feats/passives/bonuses etc are needed. Just press [Dazing Strike] skill button and that is all.

Description of [Dazing strike]:

I don't know does [Dazing strike] interrupt channeling skills with cc immunity of other classes but as fighter player I can give videos with concrete examples about how this bug affects my class.

1) Fighter has daily power [Phalanx] which after 2 seconds of its duration gives cc immunity to fighter.

Description of [Phalanx]:

At 13-14 seconds of video 1 you clearly can see that [Dazing strike] interrupted my [Phalanx]. I specially wrote plus to my friend rogue recording the video after 2 seconds of "cast time" without cc immunity so experiment is correct. [Phalanx] also can be canceled by fighter after using shield block but as you can see there was no animation of shield block at my character. So everything was honest.

2) Fighter's tab mechanics [Dig In] is channeling spell and gives cc immunity from all directions but [Dazing strike] still interrupts it (no metter from which direction it was used).

Description of [Dig In]:

At 24-25 seconds of video 1 you clearly can see how [Dazing strike] interrupted my [Dig In]

Video 1
13-14 seconds interruption of [Phalanx].
24-25 seconds interruption of [Dig In].

3) Fighter also has daily power [Determination] wich gives cc immunity. I use class feat [Perfect block] so my [Determination] additionally has effect of blocking without loosing shield stamina and 180 seconds cooldown. But of cource it still has cc immunity.

Description of [Determination] and [Perfect block]:

At 8-9 seconds of video 2 you clearly can see how [Dazing strike] interrupted my [Dig In] even while additional cc immunity effect [Determination] was active.

Video 2
8-9 seconds interruption of [Dig In].

Fix this bug please. Because many not honest rogue players abuse this bug in PvP. They intentionally use bugged [Dazing strike] before starting dealing main damage to avoid defensive mechanics of tanks.

____
Also as additional information I can say that in the past before m16 class rework daze effects of rogues in some conditions ignored cc immunity of fihters. This bug was fixed only in "rocktober" 2017. So probaby this can be same problem. And this information can help to solve this problem.

By this link you can find my old comment in "Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month" from september 2017 with my old bug report:
[https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12990435]
And here is its screenshot devided into 2 pictures for detter quality (you can open pictures in new browser tab for better read):

Here is link at developer's comment in "Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month" as ansuer on that my old request:
[https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12991501]
Here is its screenshot (you can open picture in new browser tab for better read):

Post edited by dolrey on

Comments

• aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    ...but u know all ur tooltips say the same: grants immunity to most control effects not all
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Dazing Strike has an interrupt. Interrupts are not considered CC and do stop channeling abilities. It is intended behavior.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    I believe the cw power icy rays also count as an interrupt but does not say so in the tools tip
    would be good if the tool tips were updated to reflect these non cc type of interrupts/

i think powers that daze also go thru cc