test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW QA will be reviewing each issue posted, to enter into our database. Also, hello.

skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello all,

I'm Steven. I've taken over as QA Lead on NW effectively October of this year. My activity on this forum will vary, but someone from our QA team will be reviewing topics as they are posted and getting them into our database. I can't promise a heart to heart on each issue, but we are going to do our best to review, research, and resolve as much of these issues as time allows.

More to come

- SKing
Post edited by skingdev#1102 on

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    are you reading them going back in time or do we need to repost on the issues that have been left hanging for months?
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    cryptic added a QA, did they have to pull from the developer budget for this staff addition?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I feel a storm coming on!
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, i'm not sure if it fits in here, but most of the regular companions are pretty much broken since the Undermountain release, and all we got this far regarding only healer companions was "we're looking into it." several months ago.

So, going by feedback from other players the Infernal Descent campaign will be much harder then Undermountain, any chance of getting all companions (especially the healing and tanking ones) back into a usefull state before the new campaign is going to be released, or will they remain being only a percentage boost to Augments for the forseeable future?

And welcome to NWO.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    It's nice to know posts are being reviewed and added to the database. Would it be possible to get a visual indicator, maybe a #seen tag on the forum post, so it doesn't feel like our posts are unread?
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer

are you reading them going back in time or do we need to repost on the issues that have been left hanging for months?

Right now, our focus is the Preview shard. That being said we have a backlog of issues already in our database we will continue to triage.

It's nice to know posts are being reviewed and added to the database. Would it be possible to get a visual indicator, maybe a #seen tag on the forum post, so it doesn't feel like our posts are unread?

I'm currently working with everyone involved to better 'mark' topics we have reviewed. I'll post once we find the best solution for this.

More to come,

- SKing
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I'm currently working with everyone involved to better 'mark' topics we have reviewed. I'll post once we find the best solution for this.

I have offered a suggestion to Julia about this that might be helpful.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    We sure could use a US version of the European Trello posting @percemer has posted in this forum.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I'm going to have a tester go through these and see how many we can close out. Thanks for collating the list for us.

- SKing
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Would be nice if Waning Darkness could be fixed ASAP. Umbraxakar resets and returns to full health seemingly at random. This makes it impossible for fresh level 80 toons to move on to Master Expeditions. Kindly expedite as a priority tyvm :)
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Hello.
  • xxbigd1xx#7199 xxbigd1xx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    drezden#9974 I have a bug problem that has been going on for about a month now where when I go to Slippery Slope and go to the Runic Corruption bubbles my fighter Drezden does not get the Resonance's used for ME's,WE's and FE's and also Coalesced Magics but if I go there on my Paladin the stuff drops. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU4s6ma7CBs / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14Lss0hlKY Videos I made of what is going on please help and Thank You in advanced :)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Did you do the quests for Sinye?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mallofinmallofin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have reported several times that the artifacts on cool down will not allow some of my characters to change specs . I have equipped the chains and glowing forger box. Both if activated will prevent me from changing specs. I don't think it is a requirement to have artifacts on cool down before changing specs. Anything in spot "3" will not allow the spec change. Please advise if this is a normal feature of the game and if not, what can I do to elleviate this problem?
  • mallofinmallofin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    er... off cool down in order to change specs.
  • acelandowacelandow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    mallofin said:

I have reported several times that the artifacts on cool down will not allow some of my characters to change specs . I have equipped the chains and glowing forger box. Both if activated will prevent me from changing specs. I don't think it is a requirement to have artifacts off cool down before changing specs. Anything in spot "3" will not allow the spec change. Please advise if this is a normal feature of the game and if not, what can I do to elleviate this problem?

I noticed that as well, but assumed it was by design to stop people from avoiding the cool down by switching Artifacts.

• emrebbi#0527 emrebbi Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Achievements must be corrected
  • krutzebacherkrutzebacher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Dear Devs,

thank you for the free enchantment/runestone pack.

unfortunately there is an issue with that.

I opened the pack on my barbarian and chose an empowerd r15 runestone. It came out as bound to account as expected

Next I unslotted an existing unbound r15 empowered which I wanted to sell.

When I unslotted that it stacked with the boa one in my inventory and also went bound on account !

I tried that again and unslotted another - also went to boa status

So I send the coice pack via mail (or deposited it there) and unslotted a 3rd empowered r15 as I thought I could keep it from stacking with the boa gift one. THAT ALSO WENT BOA.
    I moved 1 on my dc and unslotted a r13 empowered there - it ALSO WENT BOA.

I swapped that to a r11 empowered. That did not go boa - for whateever reason.

So total I now have 4 boa empowered r15 runestones, when I should only have 1 and 1 boa r13 runestone which should be unbound.

Pls fix that. As of the time I am writing this I now have runestones worth like 8.5kk with a bound on account status ….

Additionally I am afraid to unslot more enchants/runetsones in fear of them also getting boa

As I am not really good with scrrenshots etc I cannot provide any. If you want to check, my user name is also my handle. The chars affected are Srar (barbarian) and Agna Stonehug (Cleric).

Thx for looking into this
    Hey Krutz,

Dear Devs,

thank you for the free enchantment/runestone pack.

unfortunately there is an issue with that.

I opened the pack on my barbarian and chose an empowerd r15 runestone. It came out as bound to account as expected

Next I unslotted an existing unbound r15 empowered which I wanted to sell.

When I unslotted that it stacked with the boa one in my inventory and also went bound on account !

I tried that again and unslotted another - also went to boa status

So I send the coice pack via mail (or deposited it there) and unslotted a 3rd empowered r15 as I thought I could keep it from stacking with the boa gift one. THAT ALSO WENT BOA.

I moved 1 on my dc and unslotted a r13 empowered there - it ALSO WENT BOA.

I swapped that to a r11 empowered. That did not go boa - for whateever reason.

So total I now have 4 boa empowered r15 runestones, when I should only have 1 and 1 boa r13 runestone which should be unbound.

Pls fix that. As of the time I am writing this I now have runestones worth like 8.5kk with a bound on account status ….

Additionally I am afraid to unslot more enchants/runetsones in fear of them also getting boa

As I am not really good with scrrenshots etc I cannot provide any. If you want to check, my user name is also my handle. The chars affected are Srar (barbarian) and Agna Stonehug (Cleric).

Thx for looking into this

That is a weird one. I'll have someone on our side look into it. In the mean time, hit up cs and they should be able to repair the bind status or resolve this in another way.

Thanks for the post

- SKing
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    do you guys at cryptic actually play the game?. Do you not realize how broken the mechanics are for Rage of Bel ? nobody run insurgencies anymore to trigger Bel yet you make Bel drops the only means to get infernal secrets and last chest. please fix this.
  • tinlungtinlung Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    July 2 i posted this issue on our Guild building system.
    Last Friday i reported that a building that i started in our Stronghold when it was completed was not the building picked. I reported it to support. On Monday June 29 i received the following info from Support.
    Based on the information you provided it looks like this issue is the result of a bug. I will forward these details to our development team so they can investigate further. As of today i've received no feed back on this problem. Name of our Guild is Silver Shields Of The Dalelands. Time was around 730 - 8:00 pm on 06/26/2020 . The building that we had selected was the Wizard's Workshop, but what was built was a Training Yard.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    To the Developers,

unless I have overlooked your response on "missing Artisans in the Professions shop", have you had an opportunity fix it and have the patch available prior to this year's Summer Festival?

See the following link for more details and thanks for your help in advance.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1250934/missing-artisan-an-armorer-disappeared-when-summer-artisan-left
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • wenchie911#8739 wenchie911 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have reported several times that Rewards for the Hoard in the Well of Dragons is not working. I am unable to turn in the quest. It is needed for me to continue with Tyranny of Dragons campaign.
    edited July 2020

I have reported several times that Rewards for the Hoard in the Well of Dragons is not working. I am unable to turn in the quest. It is needed for me to continue with Tyranny of Dragons campaign.

Hey wenchie911, I just hopped on my live character and was able to turn in the quest 'Rewards for the Hoard'. Can you be more specific to which part of the process you are in? Have you contributed 1500, and interacted with the cart in the Allied Camp in The Well of Dragons?

Let me know
    - SKing
    Post edited by skingdev#1102 on