test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CDP Topic: Game Content Accessibility

Comments

• erikthered#8452 erikthered Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    hi not sure if this is the right place for this but . since you have decided to nerf the orcus set have you thought of intro ducing and set that would be worth using. also have you thought of introducing an 16 piece set made up of the four artifacts and the 12 equipment slots . several games that I have played before have these types of sets. usally they give either a bounse to straight stats's on each piece or a percentage. you could even have the set bounse as this all 16 pieces gives an plus 2 to every strength,con,dex and so on along with 5000 straight state incresase . I am just putting this out there. also please stop nerfing stuff. also you could make it to where they only drop from epic or the trial dungeons. I think this would make it worth folks time going back and running the older dungeons.
  • cwhitesidedev#9752 cwhitesidedev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 253 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2019

hi not sure if this is the right place for this but . since you have decided to nerf the orcus set have you thought of intro ducing and set that would be worth using. also have you thought of introducing an 16 piece set made up of the four artifacts and the 12 equipment slots . several games that I have played before have these types of sets. usally they give either a bounse to straight stats's on each piece or a percentage. you could even have the set bounse as this all 16 pieces gives an plus 2 to every strength,con,dex and so on along with 5000 straight state incresase . I am just putting this out there. also please stop nerfing stuff. also you could make it to where they only drop from epic or the trial dungeons. I think this would make it worth folks time going back and running the older dungeons.

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your feedback but this is off topic. This thread of the CDP is talking about inclusivity and accessibility in regard to different player types/levels in relation to our content.

Thanks

Chris
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    Feedback Overview
    Make the latest campaign currency a part of all quests/rewards.

Feedback Goal
    Encourage players to participate in the latest campaign, but also let them make some progress if they need to work on other campaigns/goals.

Feedback Functionality
    If implemented, every quest would grant some small amount of the latest campaign currency. When a new campaign is introduced, the currency shifts. This is similar to how the Stronghold Siege granted Chult currency for a while and then was updated to grant Ravenloft currency, making the quest completion useful in perpetuity. It is also somewhat similar to how the Sybella PE quests work, granting a campaign currency based on the quest, plus a bonus currency the player chooses. However, the bonus currency would be the latest campaign for everyone.

To balance this, the amount of currency needed to advance some aspects of the campaign may need to go up. Or, maybe not. There is a darn lot to do in Neverwinter and too little time to do it all. So maybe this would be fine as is.

Why I suggest this: I've noticed that new/casual players in our guild are often overwhelmed with options. They get going on one campaign, a new one comes out, and they just don't feel they can do everything. I thought Undermountain was a super fun campaign, but getting started seemed daunting for many in our guild. Once they got into it, they almost always finished it. By having the new currency start showing up, they would have continual reminders and incentives to be a part of the latest content.

Risks & Concerns
    I'm not sure how to balance the additional currency with the current progress rates. Is it okay if you made more progress in Undermountain and had the same costs? I think so, especially because it currently takes a lot of work to get the currency for the artifacts and other campaign store items.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Feedback Overview
    Access to information.

Feedback Goal
    To have some vital information about items/powers available in-game without having to personally test them.
    There are many cases where a player is left in blind/downright misled when choosing his gear. That leads to upset users, which is probably not desirable and could be avoided.

Feedback Functionality
    Add relevant tooltips to the items, so a player can at least guess what he is trying to get. This is not as sarcastic as it is just stating the reality:
    internal cool-downs are not mentioned (for example Tenebrous enchantment tempts you to get more than one to increase your chance on proc - but in most cases it is already limited by the internal cool-down, so you are directly misled)
    mount insignia bonuses (not the slots, the mentioning of the bonus) are shown to you after you have the mount already in stable
    game mechanic
    - how works damage over time is not mentioned anywhere (which might lead to surprises for example while naively trying to give Warlock's Creeeping Death a chance, but the same goes for example for Dread weapon enchantments...)
    - how a shielding works (does it stack magnitude or duration? overrides each other?) is not mentioned as well, not for pally powers, not in Prominence weapon enchantment
    - powers description - this might be by some considered more of a bug, but for example Thaumaturge wizard has some well known, long therm present discrepancy between tooltip and actual reality
    - how scaling works... Forget it, nobody would be interested in this even if it was a rational and reliable system. But exactly because it is so mysterious magic it would be nice not to see "you are scaled to il20k" - but to have some preview what effects does it have on your stats and which stats are present at your adversaries

Why I suggest this
    Well, because I witnessed more than just myself getting really angry after realising the discrepancy between expectation and reality.

Risks & Concerns
    Players might no longer purchase items from Zen market that are downright useless for them.
  • asterix000asterix000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hi everybody,

Feedback Overview
    --------------------------------------------
    Create pop-up writings on the screen bound to shortcut keys and triggered by the queue group leader to coordinate the group.

Feedback Goal
    -----------------------------------------------
    Currently the main reason why nobody recruits people in public channels for ToMM (other than the content difficulty obviously) is that a voice coordination via discord is strongly recommended. This kind of feature would help public groups to overcome this limitation.

Feedback Functionality
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone can prepare in advance a certain number (let's say 5) of party/queue group commands, bind them to a favourite key set and keep them stored.
    The group leader ONLY can recall them during the fight. It's important that these are screen pop ups, not normal chat messages, to ensure visibility.
    E.g.: "artifacts" (F5), "defenses" (F6), "split in 2 groups" (F7) ...And so on.

Risks & Concerns
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The life of the raid leader would become a little more complicated and annoying. This is a real possibility. Maybe you can reward the queue group leader with some free chest rerolls?

Thanks for reading this.
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Hi everybody,

Feedback Overview
    --------------------------------------------
    Create pop-up writings on the screen bound to shortcut keys and triggered by the queue group leader to coordinate the group.

Feedback Goal
    -----------------------------------------------
    Currently the main reason why nobody recruits people in public channels for ToMM (other than the content difficulty obviously) is that a voice coordination via discord is strongly recommended. This kind of feature would help public groups to overcome this limitation.

Feedback Functionality
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone can prepare in advance a certain number (let's say 5) of party/queue group commands, bind them to a favourite key set and keep them stored.
    The group leader ONLY can recall them during the fight. It's important that these are screen pop ups, not normal chat messages, to ensure visibility.
    E.g.: "artifacts" (F5), "defenses" (F6), "split in 2 groups" (F7) ...And so on.

Risks & Concerns
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The life of the raid leader would become a little more complicated and annoying. This is a real possibility. Maybe you can reward the queue group leader with some free chest rerolls?

Thanks for reading this.

totally agree, communication is key and many groups will not run without discord.

if nothing else, can the group (in game) be connected by voice? currently voice chat is limited in game to a party of 5 as opposed to the entire queue group of 10.

leading me into:

overview:

make the 10 entire queue members available on screen similar the how the party is dispayed. would be beneficial to be able to see all the players health and threat bars on screen for the whole queue instead of just the party. would allow for voice communication in game for entire queue group.

goal:

being able to see the entire queue group instead of just the 5 in party would be extremely helpful for support classes and hopefully be less cumbersome now that queues are limited to 10 players. voice connection for the entire queue group could be utilized in game instead of outsourcing it to discord or teamspeak.

functionality:

in game voice connection for all 10 queue members. can sometimes make or break success.

at least with health we can adjust settings to see each toons health above their head, but currently not the threat bar. I prefer to have the toons listed on screen like with the party and would love to have the option to see the entire queue group that way. having the entire queue group could make it easier to manage health for healing and threat for tanks. would help with cooperative tanking as well.

could also add threat bar to each toon's head and be able and toggle it on off in settings like with health depending on play style and screen clutter. threat is new, it it not available for individual toon display like health bars. this would be great for those who do not like the clutter of the party display.

customizable display in settings or toggle on/off or be able to switch between party/queue view

risks and concerns:

clutter - ability to adjust settings would be needed depending on roles, preferences and or playstyles (this is where input from other classes and players would be awesome)

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Feedback Overview: Vary dungeons and skirmishes for different players in terms of content, difficulty, and reward.

Feedback Goal: Give players a chance and desire to repeat all dungeon and skirmish content.

Feedback Functionality: I’d like to see a system similar to Barovia hunts were players can use items found in game to modify the difficulty and rewards of dungeon content. And I’d like to see this extended to all dungeon and skirmish content. I remember when leveling there were skirmishes that I had to solo because it seems the number of leveling players was slim as the rush was to get to level 70. If I didn’t have end game toons to lend enchants and insignia, I would not have been able to experience these areas.

Once players have reached max level, they cannot queue for some lower level content. If they could queue it would be too easy, the rewards would be undesirable (unless there is chance for a cool unbound transmute) and probably unenjoyable. This leaves a lot of content unplayed.

Perhaps getting ‘cards’ to modify content should come from zones related to the dungeon or skirmish. But they shouldn’t be a cake walk to get. Scaling of the player and quests could be used to obtain cards. Or scaled zone mini dungeons could have chests with cards.

The cards could work to both increase and decrease content difficulty and rewards. This would allow under geared players to experience content and mid-late game players to be challenged in different ways. Either way players could obtain gear to advance their progression.

Risks & Concerns: End gamers will complain. Difficulty to obtain cards would deter players. RNG and rewards will be so bad people won’t want to run content. Players will disconnect and not be able to reenter content. This will be seen as an overwhelming task to complete for all content.

Perhaps this could start as an event with one piece of content with tradable cards tied to simple event quests.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • alriialrii Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    yay, been playing cryptic titles for nearly nine years and seeing a streamlined feedback venue (again) is very much appreciated

------------------------------------------

anyway, kinda echoing a common request here:

Feedback Overview
    all campaign end-dungeons must have a story/tutorial mode option and not be restricted to a single player instance (some like learning stuff alongside buddies, esp. those running campaign arcs together)

Feedback Goal
    story content should not be locked behind group content + better group dungeon performance

Feedback Functionality
    not only will this allow casual/inexperienced players to get their story conclusion but also make group content be less daunting after repeated first-hand experiences with the dungeon and boss mechanics. if the mechanics require multiple players, have player-allied NPCs fill those roles while explaining the relevant details

Risks & Concerns
    the sheer amount of development time required to implement another version of all these dungeons (alongside required player-allied NPCs and everything therein) aside... the prominent rewards should remain in the group version, while campaign completion related rewards (unique/etc. meant to be awarded on the 1st run anyway, if any) should be available in this mode

------------------------------------------

Hey folks! There’s been a couple comments regarding accessibility in regards to disability or impairment-friendliness. That is definitely an important issue and we already planned on making it a separate CDP topic In the future so feedback can focus solely on that :)

thank you, definitely have a couple of things for that (this was my 1st impression too when accessibility was used, so i can wait)

• deadtreebark#8645 deadtreebark Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Feedback Overview
    Why do we keep nerfing the older classes/items/skills/etc. Imagine if all the time and money spent making mod 16 and constantly tweaking all this old content was spent towards making dungeons and trials.

Feedback and Goals
    We have been constantly been getting nerfed in some type of way since mod 16 was released. Instead of constantly reviewing and revising and tweaking, make the weaker classes/powers/items slightly stronger to make other options viable. Make your playerbase happier instead of angry at your tweaking and focus on what we want. Dungeons. We love combat, we love story, we want to fight and feel powerful, campaigns aren't bad, but releasing one trial or one dungeon per campaign, isn't enough.

Feedback Functionality
    I know cryptic doesnt have unlimited resources, I'm just asking yal to look at what is going on in your game and what we want. I have been playing neverwinter nights enhanced edition, and it's amazing, so many classes and build options. We cant have everything, but we can have more dungeons, if you let us.

Risks & Concerns
    Obviously you shouldn't make classes and powers stronger by too much, but nerfing should be a last resort, not the first option, especially combined with scaling, some of the older content is very challenging(which I like) but the rewards for the effort is worthless. And dungeons, we are playing a dungeons and dragons based game, we want dungeons, not one per campaign or once a year. We want them as fast as you can make them and let us test them for you.
    edited December 2019
    Feedback Overview
    Access to rAD for levelling players.

Feedback Goal
    The goal is to return levelling players the source of income while not making the levelling random queue too tempting for seasoned players. (the temptation was mentioned as one of the reasons for changes made to the Random Queues)

Feedback Functionality
    ...the return of the levelling skirmishes :o
    The same way as is rewarded Role Bonus, introduce Levelling Bonus. (anyone below lvl. 80 qualify)

Why I suggest this
    With the random queue as the main source of rAD distribution it seems a little bit too hard for a levelling player to earn AD. While crippling their ability to do so seems hardly an accident, I would find it too excessive.

Risks & Concerns
    As always in the random queues: Bots. Those thrive and surely will benefit from any source of AD in the game the most.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Feedback Overview (short description of the proposed feedback):

remove DPS and Healing checks from the game

Feedback Goal (what this feedback would target and accomplish):

make more party compositions viable and reduce the amount of focus on pure DPS.

Feedback Functionality (how would your feedback work in relation to the current design of Neverwinter)

Several dungeons introduced DPS and healing checks. For example destroying Souls in the Ras Nsi fight in Tomb of the Nine Gods, healing the cocooned character in Lair of the Mad Mage, certain phases in TOMM, etc.

This forces party compositions in certain directions (everybody wants the current "meta" DPS and Heals, or the current meta "buffs" as dual clerics in previous mods) and reduces the variety of builds in the game.

Taking away checks will make the dungeons more accessible to different combinations of party members.

Risks & Concerns (what problems can you foresee with implementing your feedback that you would like input on from members of this subforum)

How to substitute these checks with more interesting challenges for a wider range of party compositions.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    Feedback Overview (short description of the proposed feedback)

Reduce the amount of single-boss fights and control immune entities

Feedback Goal (what this feedback would target and accomplish)

Bring back control as part of the game

Feedback Functionality (how would your feedback work in relation to the current design of Neverwinter)

One of the main issues of several paths/powers in the game is that they are designed for control and control is now almost useless in the game, making them obsolete and making everybody who loved the control side of the first dungeons unhappy.
    As somebody stated in the forums some time ago "if it is dangerous, it is control immune". The fact that the control side of the game has been almost forgotten by players was clearly shown in the recent TOO event when devs has to reduce the amount of adds in Dread Vault because most characters were not built to cope with that and nobody wanted to respec/use a loadout for a single event.

Risks & Concerns (what problems can you foresee with implementing your feedback that you would like input on from members of this subforum)

The recent changes to classes have never taken control in consideration and many control powers are in a really bad state. It would require some design work and testing to bring them back in line with more control-demanding content.

Feedback Overview (short description of the proposed feedback):

remove DPS and Healing checks from the game

Feedback Goal (what this feedback would target and accomplish):

make more party compositions viable and reduce the amount of focus on pure DPS.

Several dungeons introduced DPS and healing checks. For example destroying Souls in the Ras Nsi fight in Tomb of the Nine Gods, healing the cocooned character in Lair of the Mad Mage, certain phases in TOMM, etc.

This forces party compositions in certain directions (everybody wants the current "meta" DPS and Heals, or the current meta "buffs" as dual clerics in previous mods) and reduces the variety of builds in the game.

Taking away checks will make the dungeons more accessible to different combinations of party members.

How to substitute these checks with more interesting challenges for a wider range of party compositions.

By the way, I just saw that the final boss of Infernal Citadel is another DPS check. As the mechanic is very similar to Cragmire Crypts, I suggest the same approach that old dungeon had ans has (i.e. a certain effect disappears after a certain time).
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Topic: Explanation of Counter Stats In Game

Overview

Since Mod 16, the counter stat system has pretty much centralized the game. Balanced or not, this is the direction that the dev team wants to take moving forwards.

The main problem with the system is that the counter stat system is barely explained in game, does not list enemy counter stats anywhere, and is overwhelming for new players.

Take for example, Critical Strike. New players might want to find what their Critical Hit chance would be, but are instead presented with only the "Critical Strike" stat. Nowhere in game does the game state that players must "take their Critical Strike stat, subtract it from enemy Critical Avoidance, then take that difference and divide it by 1000 to get your Critical Hit %".

Even if the player finds out how the system works, the actual enemy counter stat amounts aren't given in game, and if they are, it's easy to miss. The only source of enemy counter stats in game is in the queue window for dungeons/raids, which lists what enemy counter stats for that dungeon/raid, but not for anywhere else. In addition, the text is small and very easy to miss if one is in a rush.

This lack of information in gamehas led to a few Reddit threads cropping up about new players who suddenly are dealing no damage while leveling, but not understanding why. While there was that Mod 16 blog on how counter stats work, not every player reads the blogs/forum posts/knows where to consult outside information.

With that in mind, my proposed feedback attempts to solve these issues by placing the information in game.

Goal

• An in-game explanation on how counter stats work.
    • An in-game training area that can be used to test various counter stats.
    • Players can look up counter stats in game.
    • New players aren't confused with "stat gymnastics" and generally get a sense of what their performance is relative to the zone.

Functionality

• Add a training area where enemies/NPCs will have different counter stat amounts and do different actions so that players can try different counter stats.

An example would be an enemy that deals fixed damage to players and has 10,000 counter stats (this enemy would allow players test Defense or Deflect).
      Another example would be an allied NPC with varying percentages of health that can be used to have healers test how their heals work relative to Crit/Power.

• In this training hub, have an NPC give an explanation on how counter stats work (the formula, specifically). Also have this NPC grant level 1 rings/items with varying stats (ex: one with +2000 ArmorPen) so that players without lots of gear can "try" working around various counter stats versus the enemies in the training area.

• Have Knox give a quest that asks you to go to this training area and learn how counter stats work, with quest objectives being to talk to the NPC about learning the explanation of counter stats as well as a practical demonstration in fighting NPCs with varying stats.

For the practical training, a quest objective could be to first spar with Knox when Knox has 15,000 Defense.
      After the spar, have Knox remark on the player dealing less damage due to Defense.
      Then have Knox hand out a temporary ring with 15,000 ArmorPen, then have the player spar with Knox again.
      After the spar, have Knox remark on having increased ArmorPen relative to Defense (" notice that your attacks dealt more damage when they penetrated through my armor"), which would help emphasize to new players "raise your ArmorPen to equal enemy Defense".

• Add a NPC/book/library in each zone that talks about monster counter stats. Justify it in universe as a bestiary or experienced hunter of enemies in the zone.

• Make it so the Player stats tab has a simple to read section that shows player stats is adjusted for enemy counter stats in that zone, with stats such as "% of Enemy Armor Penetrated in Area" or "Critical Hit chance in this area".

Alternatively, have an NPC look the player's stats relative to enemy counter stats, then give advice relative to where they're lacking. For example, if the player is short of 7000 ArmorPen relative to enemy counter stats, have the NPC mention something about raising ArmorPen (something such as "raise your ability to penetrate enemy armor with magic items").

Risks/Concerns

• Giving out the counter stat formula too early will scare new players.
    • Players will skip past the book/NPC which talks about enemy counter stats.
    • Should enemy counter stats be updated, the book/NPC giving out enemy counter stats will not be updated to match
    • The items granted in the training area end up being used in builds due to their stat amounts, rather than as a mere training/testing items (there was one time where the 1000 training weapons ended up being better than a real TR offhand).
    • Localization issues.
    • Programming time/development of the training area+associated quests/functionalities might take too much time out of the next module(s).
    In game help guide would be a huge help. Especially when things change mod to mod. I have absolutely no clue how things like crit strike or crit severity affect the damaging powers of any of my toons, let alone how procing different enchants or powers affect anything. I'm a more casual gamer, and trying to wrap my head around this stuff feels like work, if it take more then 30 seconds for me to understand I'm not gonna bother, this is a game, not car repair, aerospace manufacturing, or rocket surgery...

Pre mod 16 comps weren't really that big of a deal(IMHO) now in mod 16, the progression feels like:

get the right comp bonuses
    upgrade bonding runestones
    upgrade other runestones
    upgrade comps bonuses you are using to legendary
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'd like to see epic and normal version of dungeons. That way hard core players and the casuals both get what they want.

Rewards for the easy versions appropriate reduced.

Thnx.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Feedback Overview

Get rid of party meta (3 DPS, 1 Heal, 1 Tank)

Feedback Goal

Increase access to random queues, option to change loadouts while being in a dungeon and hardcore players have harder environment to test themselves

Feedback Functionality

The "required" meta to enter a random queue is replaced by a "supported" meta. The supported meta theoretically can be different for any dungeon/skirmish, but in general it would be the known "3+1+1". That means, any group of five can join any queue, random or not.

The dungeons/skirmishes are balanced against the supported meta, that means that a group that fullfills the supported meta probably will have a much easier run than a group that does not support the meta. However, team members can change their loadouts in the dungeon, so that they fullfill the supported meta. This can either be achieved by nerfing unsupported meta groups or buffing supported meta groups (as a remark, buffing groups seems to be easier as such a mechanism exists already, see Tiamat). For the rest of this article, let's suppose the supported team is buffed.

If the team enters with a supported meta, the buff is applied. If team members change their loadouts, so that the meta is not supported anymore, the buff is removed. If they change it again so that the meta is supported again, they get the buff back. This way the team can try another healer or tank in their team without the need to leave the dungeon and start all over again.

If a player joins a random queue, he should have the option to choose if he wants to join a group that fullfills the supported meta. The UI would need a check box to let the player set this flag. If he sets this flag, there is no change to the system right now. The system looks for other players, so that "3+1+1" is fullfilled with the disadvantage that the wait time is relative high but with the advantage that the PUG teams starts with the team buff. If the player chooses not to set the flag, if he chooses to go with any group, the wait time is most likely much lower and the queue pops much sooner, but the disadvantage is that the team starts without the team buff.

The rewards do not depend on the meta. If a team with a not supported meta finishes the dungeon, they have earned their rewards.

Risks & Concerns

Actually, I do not see any technical risks. The only risk I see is that if you enter the queue with any group and then some team members want to change to a supported meta while others do not, there might be some arguments.
    Feedback Overview
    Playability of content regardless the player level.

Feedback Goal
    The scaling project brought some neat adjustments - however, if even Winter Festival event came with a warning that low lvl players might have problems there, it simply does not work yet.
    I would like to suggest using what you already have - and by having a different approach make things finally work. It will not probably be the state-of-the-art you seem to aspire, but it will bring results faster. Probably less irritating results as well.

Feedback Functionality
    The scaling brought some really nice ideas - IL directly reflects weapon damage or total amount of various stats on the gear.
    The question is: would you be able to do the same for the attributes of the mobs? It should not be that hard - it should follow the same curve as the IL on our gear, so theoretically if you have a "spot on" mob on any level, you should be able to extrapolate it to any direction.
    Target: do not scale player, but the mob. That way you will not mess with any player build-up or idea.

Example of how it would behave:
    Player level 1 at-will power does 10 magnitude damage to the mob lvl 1, which - after put in the damage formula - removes roughly 50% of the mob life bar.
    Player level 80 at-will power does 10 magnitude damage to the mob lvl 80, which again removes roughly 50% of the mob life bar.
    Now, if the the mob would be separately scaled to each player damage formula purposes - and the interaction would not result in absolute numbers, rather produce just the percentage - players of various levels can effectively cooperate in dealing with the same mob!

Why I suggest this
    Because atm the scaling is a total black box. Is irritating players by irrational outcomes. Or is not implemented at all. ...which is really shame

Risks & Concerns
    (-) Assumes you have a reasonable weapon damage and IL curve - and a mob that is in "spot on" place.
    (-) The mobs scaling to the player level must come with a (preferably soft) cap on the maximum Power and HP that player of each lvl can get from enchantments, runestones and companions. If not - a low level player with high level enchantments might become a really scary monster. :) (however, again, you already figured out the IL curve - and you can easily count the max HP or Power a high-end player can get from those sources)
    (-) This scenario has always detrimental effect upon level-up. So it would probably require an ability to postpone the level-up till the logout, or at least till the end of a dungeon/skirmish. (basically it reverses the situation where players overgrow the mobs - the mobs easily overgrow the player's gear)
    (-) This would let lvl 1 player to roam anywhere, so many areas would have to have lvl restrictions checked.
    (-) ...and this is not applicable for the PvP at all
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Feedback Overview
    Keyboard and Mouse for console.

Feedback Goal
    Give console players the option to use what input device they want to use. Keyboard and Mouse or controller.

Feedback Functionality
    Keyboard and mouse is already used on PC and some players use controllers on PC as well. I enjoy using a keyboard and mouse for playing NW on PC. I like most other players would enjoy it as well and have asked for it.

Risks & Concerns
    Matching KBM and controllers during PvP. I can hear the out cry now KBM has the advantage. But in PVE it shouldn't matter. You can do what Fortnite does and match input device with input device. Or If someone is playing with friends using different input devices have separate lobbies for them as well.
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Feedback Overview (short description of the proposed feedback)

Stop making sweeping/near sweeping changes to the game with every mod. As it stands now every time there is a new mod there are drastic changes to either class mechanics, gear stats, or some other aspect of the game. This makes being a casual gamer(weekend warrior type such as myself) quite difficult. I feel like if I walk away from the game for a week or three due to time constraints(I'm over 40, and have other things that consume time as well) that it could be completely different when I come back. For veterans(such as people that have been here for a year or more) the gear and such that we ground out for becomes so worthless when the new mod hits, that we don't wanna invest much time or real money into things that are just going to get nerfed again later. Or it makes the gear that we spent hours, or $$$ on so worthless that we don't wanna do it again for the new stuff just because it's new, but really any better than what we had before.

Feedback Goal (what this feedback would target and accomplish)

Make the game more accessible to casual gamers, and reduce turnover of veterans.

@milehighxr#1299 before mod 16 comps certainly were a big deal. they just shifted from being power only to being a complicated mix of stats. but in order to be bis and top of your game you needed a maxed out pet and enchants. pre 16. the focus on pets has been there for at least a few years now.

there is definitely not enough training on how stats work, how comps work etc in the game though. and consoles have no preview server. a individual area where you could try on any gear at any level and see the difference with logs on console would be very nice for people to see how things effect game play.

I feel like comps are a much bigger deal no than pre mod 16. Maybe it's just my play style, or maybe it's because I maxed out 6 comps for the stats that matter for my pally for group content as soon as mod 16 dropped. Pre mod 16 I was using the comps I wanted to use, now I'm using comps based on stats required for specific content, and the power bonuses I have been forced to use due to mod 16.
This discussion has been closed.