test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M18 - General

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    The Demon Lord set has been available for almost 4 years now (Maze Engine release was Mar 15th, 2016) and has been BiS ever since the Lostmauth set was nerfed. With how the RP market is, we need something to be able to remove the RP from market/personal stock piles. The upgrading stones and preservation wards can be expensive at times, but the cost doesn't take long to get back, a week at most. As far as the cost of the artifacts if you decide to buy it from the AH instead of just running the dungeon that it drops from, it is what, a month or two of AD farming if you don't do professions/market profit.

Having new and different sets to sink RP into is a good thing to have, having one set rule them all for so long is not good at all. Why not buff the other sets you ask? Well, power creep is something we want to avoid as well, or we end up with another situation like in M15->M16 where a major nerf or rework is needed in order to be able to provide a meaningful threat and challenging content for players.
  • demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I really like the nerf of the demolord set. So there is a place for something new. A variety of sets can be the result of that. That is really good.
    But the alternatives are pretty bad. Especially all mod 16 artifact sets are useless because they are triggered by Daily powers, which are pretty rare. So for me the Demolord set would probably still be BiS.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    So some questions @noworries#8859 ... Why was the Seals of the Mountain get converted into Seals of the Deep but Seals of the Crown was kept? Is it supposed to be for Level 70 gear? but how many people would honestly keep that gear? Two, the Seal Vendor in Protector's Enclave is steal called "Seals of the Brave" Vendor and talks like the one from Port Nyranzu. Shouldn't he be updated to the guy from The Yawning Portal. Also are we still not getting any Mastercraft updates with this Mod or is that coming later your main focus is on the level first?
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    By the way, a big thing:

-Make dungeon or even hunt sets have variable statted versions, because after mod16 changing a single piece of gear forces you to retrain boons if you want to optimise your stats.

I have over 30+ retrain token, but that's also resets your powers, so even for free it's a pain to do.
  • fisenfisfisenfis Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Can we talk about the fact that 98% of the gear from the new zones and dungeon is a throwaway? I will probably get some joy out of it but I like obtaining things for fashion, although what is frustrating is that most players would probably only go through the campaign to get the boons and once the hype over the dungeon settles it will be dead. The base stats for the pieces are good and I can see myself swapping out 1 or 2 pieces from the new collection depending on the content thats being run but thats being generous. Old(er) gear and their set bonuses are still biS, I'm not sure the gear never intended to compete what we're currently wearing on live or if it was supposed to replace it but missed the mark?
    So far I have only encountered 6 named fiends in the new zone, yet after killing them many times over and over I got this acheivement (as shown below). Are there really 13 fiends or is this just worded wrong/placeholder for the real number? Me and a very dedicated group farmed for an intense 8h last night and could not find more than 6 bosses and we would really like to know the correct number.

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @fisenfis said:
    > Can we talk about the fact that 98% of the gear from the new zones and dungeon is a throwaway? I will probably get some joy out of it but I like obtaining things for fashion, although what is frustrating is that most players would probably only go through the campaign to get the boons and once the hype over the dungeon settles it will be dead. The base stats for the pieces are good and I can see myself swapping out 1 or 2 pieces from the new collection depending on the content thats being run but thats being generous. Old(er) gear and their set bonuses are still biS, I'm not sure the gear never intended to compete what we're currently wearing on live or if it was supposed to replace it but missed the mark?

Are you saying none of the new armorpieces are worth using for DPS/healer/tank?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    < span style="color: cyan;">Companion & Masterwork (why is this HAMSTER not cyan .. bruhhh... there should be a panel to change colors.. -.-')
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Furthermore, I see absolutely 0 reason to compensate players. In the real world if you play the stock market, you are not compensated if you bet on a stock going up and it ends up tanking and that is exactly the same scenario here

Well, in this case it is the same entity selling you the stock and then making it crash. I guess that in real life you could sue them for manipulating what they sold you, so your point here doesn't stand. :wink:

Anyway I agree with you when you say that in a game nerfing may be needed. Even in D&D dungeon masters do nerf stuff if it makes the game experience bad for the group.

Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    dolrey said:

Rogue's skill [Dazing Strike] can interrupt channeling skills with cc immunity. Word "Immune" is shown above my character (fighter vanguard) what means that daze effect was properly neutralised. But then channeling skill with cc immunity (for example vanguard fighter's tab) just interrupts. No daze applied. And no heal from mount insignias (which work up on taking control effect). So absolutely no control effect but still something interrupted chanelling skill with cc immunity (for example vanguard fighter's tab). Absolutely no different interactions between feats/passives/bonuses etc are needed. Just press [Dazing Strike] skill button and that is all.

Description of [Dazing strike]:

I don't know does [Dazing strike] interrupt channeling skills with cc immunity of other classes but as fighter player I can give videos with concrete examples about how this bug affects my class.

1) Fighter has daily power [Phalanx] which after 2 seconds of its duration gives cc immunity to fighter.

Description of [Phalanx]:

At 13-14 seconds of video 1 you clearly can see that [Dazing strike] interrupted my [Phalanx]. I specially wrote plus to my friend rogue recording the video after 2 seconds of "cast time" without cc immunity so experiment is correct. [Phalanx] also can be canceled by fighter after using shield block but as you can see there was no animation of shield block at my character. So everything was honest.

2) Fighter's tab mechanics [Dig In] is channeling spell and gives cc immunity from all directions but [Dazing strike] still interrupts it (no metter from which direction it was used).

Description of [Dig In]:

At 24-25 seconds of video 1 you clearly can see how [Dazing strike] interrupted my [Dig In]

Video 1
    13-14 seconds interruption of [Phalanx].
    24-25 seconds interruption of [Dig In].

3) Fighter also has daily power [Determination] wich gives cc immunity. I use class feat [Perfect block] so my [Determination] additionally has effect of blocking without loosing shield stamina and 180 seconds cooldown. But of cource it still has cc immunity.

Description of [Determination] and [Perfect block]:

At 8-9 seconds of video 2 you clearly can see how [Dazing strike] interrupted my [Dig In] even while additional cc immunity effect [Determination] was active.

Video 2
    8-9 seconds interruption of [Dig In].

Fix this bug please.

____
    Also as additional information I can say that in the past (in mod 3) daze effects of rogues in some conditions ignored cc immunity of fihters. This bug was fixed only in "rocktober" 2017. So probaby this can be same problem. And this information can help to solve this problem.

By this link you can find my old comment in "Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month" from september 2017 with my old bug report:
    [https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12990435]
    And here is its screenshot devided into 2 pictures for detter quality (you can open pictures in new browser tab for better read):

Here is link at developer's comment in "Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month" as ansuer on that my old request:
    [https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12991501]
    Here is its screenshot (you can open picture in new browser tab for better read):

Dazing strike having a chance to behave like an interrupt and breaking through immunity frames is a very old bug, still needs to be fixed along with all the other bugged CC powers like shield throw, punishing charge, disruptive shot ect, but for this thread, its probably off topic. Good report though.

Also, the dazing strike interrupt/going through immunity frames bug works on all classes, I've even heard of it going through impossible to catch before. It doesn't occur on every hit and I haven't been able to pin down what causes it.

On rogue, there is a possibility all dazes except smoke bomb have the same bug, I know this bug was present on the scullcracker feat in mod 15 and its probably still there. The concussive strikes feat that existed before mod 16 also had this bug.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    wilbur626 said:

Are you saying none of the new armorpieces are worth using for DPS/healer/tank?

Its a matter of sacrificing one thing for another with the new pieces, most pices have good base stats but really bad bonuses. I wouldnt swap out many of my pieces I have currently, a head piece and possibly boots for dps and probably the same for a healer but primal and ebonized remains biS.

• tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    bonus's that give raw stats will never be as attractive as percentage bonus's or stats that you cannot obtain on gear by default, such as damage % or healing or damage resistance.
    Power has already hit a pretty high DR part on the curve, and just throwing more power on bonus's just gets weaker and weaker, relatively.
    Some of the bonus's looking interesting but for the most part, are recycled bad bonus's with a tiny buff, gimmicky stuff that will be fun for a while, and they just sit in bags forgotten, or just worse options to what we already have access to.

Give us something new, something sustainable. stats that will retain value regardless of gear level,
    Bonus crit severity. +outgoing healing +recharge speed +action points. + damage resistance, Stuff we dont have access too usually on gear/ehchants.

Noone will be using the new set chest pieces. ebonised armour and barkhide are both better for everyone and thats not the only piece both of which will be 2 mods Older.

I dont really have a problem with other pieces retain value, but when its a clear cut, " new piece sucks, old piece is better by miles" scenario , why even bother spending time designing the new stuff in the first place
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    The nerf of orcus set is imho a good thing. However... when I first read about it, it gave me hopes you will finally put some order into gear set design/bonuses. To make more of them useful/interesting, to give us more choices which one use for certain fights, because there would be a design, which will benefit some sets more for certain fights and another ones for another fights. But if I look at new gear what I see? Another random and mostly useless stuff with no smart and long-term design choices :-(
    Post edited by elsunga on
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I really think the mob density issue will be solved by the fact the maps are so small, with 20 or so people you may find them clustered in certain areas. Not really looking forward to release, as many will react as they did to Chult. The forums will burn.
    Meh, I'll be fine and my fellow guildies can always depend on me.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I have to echo the sentiment that the new map is really uninspiring. To me, the Chult maps are by far the high water mark for campaign maps.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User

MOD 18 BOOTS : ''+5% dmg, -50% incoming healing''

Its really too much -50% incoming healing... its impossible to balance ... even with ioun 2k Power/+10% Incoming healing + 3 tacticals rank 15 you reach -25% incoming healing... thinking about power lost, thoose boots for a +2% dmg from heelf of fury arent good....
    put a -25% incoming healing instead!!
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I completed the introduction quest chain and I'm not really impressed with how the story starts. None of the characters explain who we need to talk to very well and why that person can help. More dialogue and interaction with NPC's would've helped set up the story arc for this campaign. I can understand keeping some character's motivations secret and saving some plot points for further use, but, I think, there is too much vagueness and secrecy. I felt like I was just being dragged along.

Isn't the Hellfire Magus critter model being used for the Cambion? I noticed this in the Hell Pit event also. I expected to see the critter model for the Cambion companion, or something similar, to be used for the Cambion enemy.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Has it been released or does anyone know the status cap for the new module?