test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal Descent Preview First Look

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Detailed patch notes are not yet available, but here's a first look at the new module, now on Preview as of 2019-12-12.

Feedback threads so far:
M18 Dungeon
M18 Class Balance Adjustments
M18 Zone, Repeatable Quests, and Heroic Encounters
M18 General

Some notable features, this module:

New storyline: Descent Into Avernus
Join us in a devilish new zone! This new storyline also includes new Heroic Encounters, a new campaign, and new rewards.

World Map update
We've given the World Map a less-cramped treatment, with tabs instead of magnifying glasses for traveling between the Sword Coast, the Underdark, Chult, and beyond.

New Dungeon
Unlocked by the campaign, this dungeon provides an epic experience, and is a step above the 5-player dungeon, Lair of the Mad Mage, in difficulty.

Class balance changes
See the linked thread for details and to give feedback; we're working on tweaks to help with player concerns about viability.

More info to come!

Comments

• bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    So far ive died too many times because of massive knockback, stuns. Not even worth playing. There is nothing fun about not being able to get one cast off because you are stunned, knocked back or cant even move. This is just as bad as hellpit. You can take this mod and shove it.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @terramak Seriously no changes for barbarians at all?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Especially considering that according to their metrics Blademaster is preforming better than where they want dps classes to be, so more than likely it would get a slight nerf, not a buff. So it is probably better that Barbarians did not get touched.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

Especially considering that according to their metrics Blademaster is preforming better than where they want dps classes to be, so more than likely it would get a slight nerf, not a buff. So it is probably better that Barbarians did not get touched.

Wrong. Check page 3 of the Ratings, Difficulty and Challenge thread. NoWorries says that Blademaster is slightly underperforming, along with other class specs that received buffs today. That's why people are wondering why Blademaster wasn't included in the patch when all the others were.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    you did a patch today in preview where are the patch notes?
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

Well, looks like this mod is end of my playing time for this game. I cant even get 20 fps and do drop to 1 fps, I can't afford to buy a new pc, I have no choice I have to quit ... wish I did not waste 20 bucks on getting Vip ... damn it ...

Edit: Please improve performance, I don't want to quit but am going to have to if it would stay like it is, it's horrible T_T

Are you using the Arc client or running it directly? When the streaming options were first allowed in client it actually messed with my hotkeys so I just went into the game files and ran it without Arc and it improved the performance quite well for me. You can't do that on Steam because it's DRM, but worth changing into Arc for that.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    on barbaians, they forgot to scale down barbed something or other (+25% crit severity) class feature with the changes to crit sev being multiplicative with combat advantage. 1.25 (+25% crit sev) * 2 (ca at 100%) * 0.5 (crit chance) = 1.25. If my head is working right, that one class feature nets a 25% dps boost. correct me if I'm wrong.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    does crit severity not have diminishing return tho ?..
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Any Infos About todays patch for preview?

Nix*
This discussion has been closed.