test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Combination of barbarian revelry insignia bonus and flaming weapon enchantment appears bugged.

daoguydaoguy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I have far more characters than I would like to publicly admit, and I try to outfit them all with the insignia bonus "barbarian revelry", which gives you a 1% heal on a critical hit. I noticed that on my dwarven barbarian that I was getting no procs off barbarian revelry, for a while now, and I was trying to figure out what was going on. Kind of pounding my head against the wall, to be honest. I know the proc works, I have witnessed it on an almost daily basis. But not on this guy. *scratches head*

I have two mounts with that insignia bonus on the character, so I swapped the one out to the stable and brought in the other. Still no proc. I checked the insignias to make sure I didn't have one of the broken insignias that have to be turned in, and thought I solved the problem when I did find one that was broken and swapped it. But no, still no BR proc. I swapped out and replaced all the insignias for that bonus, still no change. I changed the order of the mounts, made no difference.

I switched my log so it showed only combat (self) and did some experimentation to see if I could isolate what might be the issue. I noticed that my flaming weapon enchant proc'd a lot, so in an effort to reduce the clutter in my combat log, I removed it from the weapon. Suddenly BR started procing like mad. I added it back, BR disappeared. I removed it, BR proc'd like mad again. So I swapped his flaming weapon enchant for a vorpal, and BR procs like crazy still.

So, I switched to a paladin character that also uses the flaming weapon enchantment and found she experienced the same issue. Flaming weapon enchantment equipped, no BR. Weapon enchant removed, BR procs like mad. Swapped her weapon enchant to holy avenger, BR still procs like mad.

Seems like flaming weapon enchant and barbarian revelry must share the same proc slot somehow and FWE proc cancels out BR procs.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the info! Will escalate for investigation.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Do you have any weapon enchants that adds damage or drops a DoT other than Flaming? It would be interesting to see if the problem happens with other enchants too - Vorpal and Flaming use very different mechanics to give their bonus damage, but Flaming and something like Plague Fire are much closer, effect-wise.
  • Options
    I tried it with Plague Fire and found the same results as with Flaming.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    daoguy said:

I tried it with Plague Fire and found the same results as with Flaming.

I have just checked which my Paladin. With Plague Fire, no Barbarian's Revelry.
    Without Plague Fire, Barbarian's Revelry proc when Crit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    And additional test occurred to me today. I realized that both the characters I had been using for proc testing were using alabaster weapons. So I swapped out the vorpal weapon enchant of a rogue that uses undermountain weapons for a flaming weapon enchant, and found that she seemed to be getting barbarian revelry procs without issue. So I wondered if perhaps the problem has been ninja fixed in the last patch, so I got out my barbarian again and swapped his weapon enchantment to flaming, and he was most definitely not getting barbarian revelry procs. Soooo, this leads me to suspect that the issue involves the combination of alabaster weapons, barbarian revelry insignia bonuses, and weapon enchants like flaming and plague fire.