test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lesser Demonic Key?

mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
After the patch on 12/4/19 I am unable to make lessor demonic keys in the campaign. I checked the store and they aren't there either. I still have a few in my wallet that say they open the same chests they used to, but the inability to make more from the campaign seems to me to be a bug. Could I get more info on this please?

Comments

• baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Just noticed this myself. This a bug or planned so that Throne of the Dwarven God and Prophecy of Madness end reward chest can't be opened without using a Greater Demonic Key?
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/e655fh/umanicgypsy_can_you_please_bring_this_up_with/

It seems the official forums get less of a response from a dev than reddit does. :(
  • silvertombisilvertombi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Is it possible to get Dwarven Spelunking as a regular reward, without opening the chest in skirmishes?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Is it possible to get Dwarven Spelunking as a regular reward, without opening the chest in skirmishes?

yes
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll circle back with the rest of the team on this for an update.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2019

yes
    they are also available in the auction house
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

yes
    And they are more scare than anything else in the game. It took me 6 months to get that on my last 2 toons that needed to finish Underdark campaign. In that time I got 2 legendary mounts from lockboxes...
    Have several copies in my guild vault.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    This is now on XBOX One as well. As of the patch yesterday, we no longer have the option to create lesser demonic keys.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    > @pitshade said:
    > They should add the Underdark books to the campaign store in the same way that Tyranny books are.

This is a great suggestion... it will not only make the books readily accessible but it will also make the demonic and twisted ichors more relevant.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! We're chasing this down. It appears to be associated with the removal of some campaign requirements but I don't have any more updates at this time.

I'll pass on the Underdark books feedback!
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    was wondering when this was gunna get noticed an mentioned on a thread lol
    i noticed it after that patch too an when i said something abt it in my ally chat evrybdy was like "they removed it"
    first thing i said to that was " greEeat now we got 5 missions/q's that require the greater key" lol
    glad its turning out to be lookin like a bug n not inteended
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Since I have barely played the last few months didn't realize that the non master demo was removed from the game. It was one of the easier AD generators with the keys if you had enough alts to run through it each day. My guess is they will change the text in the skirmishes to require greater demonic keys and call it a day. Since this follows more of the changes to make things more grindy. Hopefully that will stop soon. But probably not until after this next mod.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    Assuming this is not intentional but a side effect of "removal of some campaign requirements", fixing it will take time to re-design, restructure, testing, QA, etc.

I propose an easy ~2 minutes implementation: Change the price of the greater key to match the price of lesser key.
    What they need to do is to change a number in the database.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It kind of looks like the tab for lesser demonic keys got covered by the tab for unlocking Demogorgon Master.
    Two arrows there.

It'd be nice to get a fix for this.
    So the Infernal Decent update altered the Underdark campaign page, but the ability to craft a Lesser Demonic Key is still missing.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User

Hey folks! We're chasing this down. It appears to be associated with the removal of some campaign requirements but I don't have any more updates at this time.

Do you have an update on this one? Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Unfortunately the crafting of the lesser demonic key is coupled with the removal of the campaign requirements so the crafting will continue to stay removed.
    Then adjust the cost of the Greater Demonic Key?
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    *I would like to remind here that the key does not only cost some resources - which should be adjusted, but it is time gated as well. (so per 20 hours we can now produce one key instead of two)
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Unfortunately the crafting of the lesser demonic key is coupled with the removal of the campaign requirements so the crafting will continue to stay removed.
    (Make the Devs) Decouple it? To refactor old code is a developer's day-to-day routine these days...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I would have another solution. Make the Greater demonic key button drop two keys - one greater, one lesser (+increase the cost by one half).
    Devs proved having this much ability with the Chultan keys, so it should not be a problem to replicate such method here as well.
    Until/if this gets sorted out, it would be nice if those two treasure chests were free to open.