test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ratings, Difficulty, and Challenge

12346»

Comments

• rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User

And the universe will explode if you raise the magnitudes of some powers (single target for example) of classes that are underperforming while you adjust and balance things for mod19?

Just asking because I though when Mod16 came and the system was changed, that making minor adjustments was going to be easy, so I spected minor class balance changes each month? @noworries#8859

Naive me.

For them, having these classes a dual role, increasing the magnitude of that base powers would increase the damage of tanks / healers. the question is: why not?

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I strongly doubt that they will do anything to buff us up anymore than they absolutely have to, because it might look like some pre M16 issue.
    I mean. We well never get back to M15. But it looks like the fear is very vivid.
    To me, its like being scared that the game could be fun.
    - bye bye -
    and that is the most ironic: scaling in the old combat/charater system would be great. separate roles by paragons like now would be great. the real problem is that total rework in some powers/feats/ class features, etc. the game looks like someone who goes to the barber and because of a series of scissors errors ends up having to shave his head
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    > @rafamarques#5700 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > For them, having these classes a dual role, increasing the magnitude of that base powers would increase the damage of tanks / healers. the question is: why not?

I dont think that Will be an issue but they can modify a power only for one path like they already do yo cost less divinity or do aditional effects
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

> @rafamarques#5700 said:

> (Quote)

>

> For them, having these classes a dual role, increasing the magnitude of that base powers would increase the damage of tanks / healers. the question is: why not?

I dont think that Will be an issue but they can modify a power only for one path like they already do yo cost less divinity or do aditional effects

agree 100%... but in the second case, if you buff only path powers, you will create a internal embalance between that powers and the core ones. in this case, will be necessary buff or even rework some feats (asterdahl classes). for sws, you can just create that internal embalance between core/path powers OR buff damage as a healer too (being sws more offensive than the other healers maybe).

anyway... buff single target atwills-encounters for low tiers classes by 10-100 respectively dont will destroy the game, even if tanks and healer having that benefit too. nobody will request a tank to replace a ranger as a dps because of that.

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    rikitaki said:

@noworries#8859 One thing about the scaling and tuning its effects: I hope you guys realise that you would have much easier life and the response from the crowd would be much more favourable if you would not try to push two contradictory ideas at the same time - scaling and stat caps. If you have one, you should not need the other!

There really was no reason to touch any of our stats that did not benefit from ovestacking. Sure, figure out a floating soft cap on weapon damage, HP, Power - that does make sense if you want to set the minimum difficulty a dungeon is supposed to have. But why would you scale armour penetration or such stuff that should not matter at all if you have it exactly equal the cap or triple the number?

Instead of leaving it as is you had to come with some magic that cuts the stats to a random, but mostly insufficient number. That is simply mind-boggling. It does not make sense, non at all.

I think they designed the system so confusingly that they themselves got misted by it. This can be seen by the collapse of the enchantment market and just by the underwhelming new gears and sets as Orcus dominates over them, until a specifically better DPS set bonus releases, regardless of it's tier. They don't scale down power or other stats directly, they scale down the gears and other enchantments. And as you point out, this means that they overcomplicate things for the most player in the theoretical benefit of extremely niche cases (like, not being capped in a dungeon you are running and someone debuffing the boss's Defense to compensate).

This discussion has been closed.