test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Xuna should be nerfed ASAP

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

I hate people who came and request such things just because they aren't capable to play their classes or a part of the content properly. Yes, Xuna is one of the best striker companion we have left in the game after poorly move that made all the striker companions useless. But if in your case someone out-dpsed you and used Xuna as summoned companion, doesn't necessarily means that the companion is the reason. What kind of content are you running, what is your build and what are your statuses, what kind of class you are playing? There are many factors who can determinate the end result of the damage score in the end of a run so stop crying useless and request trashy things just because you're a bad gamer.

When a pg with Xuna in a run of lomm do 123kk and second dps cw do 113k, same pg without Xuna but using bullette do 70kk and same cw do 143kk, i think is not the cw skills magically increased...
    proof or never happened
    thise was do for a private whim, I don't save it because i don't think it was a problem.
    Only at Lomm Xuna results to be strong, in all other dg the scaling make it to be less efficient.
    is nothing to install advanced combat tracker and bring the proof.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes, it is.

Sure.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    On a related note... what about Xuna's passive bonus?

adds 15 magnitude to at-will damage (is this real as described or much less?)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Sure.

What's it good for? "Mine's bigger"?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    > @greywynd said:
    > (Quote)
    > What's it good for? "Mine's bigger"?

Exactly!
  • edenfay#2737 edenfay Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    The worst thing about players who use Xuna in LoMM isn't that their paingiver gets inflated: it's that few of them take the effort to raise their defensive stats accordingly, so their healer has to work harder even as the DPS in question is slacking off (because Xuna). And let's not forget how Xuna-DPS reliably let mimics through, because Xuna doesn't understand mechanics.

Xuna is not appropriately dressed for Undermountain, people. (Or appropriately dressed for anywhere.) Please leave her at home.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

I hate people who came and request such things just because they aren't capable to play their classes or a part of the content properly. Yes, Xuna is one of the best striker companion we have left in the game after poorly move that made all the striker companions useless. But if in your case someone out-dpsed you and used Xuna as summoned companion, doesn't necessarily means that the companion is the reason. What kind of content are you running, what is your build and what are your statuses, what kind of class you are playing? There are many factors who can determinate the end result of the damage score in the end of a run so stop crying useless and request trashy things just because you're a bad gamer.

When a pg with Xuna in a run of lomm do 123kk and second dps cw do 113k, same pg without Xuna but using bullette do 70kk and same cw do 143kk, i think is not the cw skills magically increased...
    proof or never happened
    thise was do for a private whim, I don't save it because i don't think it was a problem.
    Only at Lomm Xuna results to be strong, in all other dg the scaling make it to be less efficient.
    i want to run with this sw to see if is true.
    > @hustin1 said:
    > Stupid question:
    >
    > Why do you even care if someone else does more damage?
    >
    > It's not as if the game actually gives something if you do the most damage. It's not as if Cryptic is sending you a box of chocolate-chip cookies in the mail or something every time you top Paingiver. So who cares?

If the main incentive for playng this game is to receive something from Cryptic then no one would be playing ..

But, sure; topping the DPS chart doesn't matter (lol)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    hustin1 said:

Stupid question:

Why do you even care if someone else does more damage?

It's not as if the game actually gives something if you do the most damage. It's not as if Cryptic is sending you a box of chocolate-chip cookies in the mail or something every time you top Paingiver. So who cares?

There is a Paingiver III title but after 50, there is no more. So, there are 50 cookies for somebody who wants cookies. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

I am tired of getting outdpsed by low-skilled players with lots of Zen (to purchase Xuna)

/end (joke-ish) rant

Where is your ACT data?
    You say the unfair advantage from this asset is so egregious that it demands the "N-word"?
    ( Not that one. The other N-word.)

You gotta drop some QUANT to back up an N-word post, yo?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    greywynd said:

If someone is getting out-DPS'd by a companion then they aren't very good DPS to begin with.

I agree; if the companion is Quasit, Air Archon or Makos. Xuna on the other hand, well...
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

greywynd said:

If someone is getting out-DPS'd by a companion then they aren't very good DPS to begin with.

I agree; if the companion is Quasit, Air Archon or Makos. Xuna on the other hand, well...
    Objection!
    Statement of facts that are not yet in evidence.

Wait. That is too eloquent for a Took.

[Puffs pipe weed].

Quant me, bro.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    > @dread4moor said:
    > (Quote)
    > Objection!
    > Statement of facts that are not yet in evidence.
    >
    > Wait. That is too eloquent for a Took.
    >
    > [Puffs pipe weed].
    >
    > Quant me, bro.

Don't quant (tase) me, bro.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    All I read is the same as what I thought about the TOO arti: "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> why don't I have one!"

I have one. From an event. I don't use it. But please for the love of NW use it to outdps me.
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • fenrus#5571 fenrus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    As long as people do half my damage in runs in ACT I'm fine.
    It's not a matter of dps charts in lomm or whatsoever, it's a matter of effort, like, I can scrap all my work towards my build or character, put some green insignias to boost my Xuna and let her do my work (or, in this case, my game, cos I would be a dps sitting and watching someone else who hits for me).
    If they manage to not be a burden for tanks or healers good for them but it simply doesn't happen, because you know, they just get hit without caring most of the time.
    Current meta includes using an augment and working your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off doing your part as dps, if there were to be more decent strikers it would probably be another way to play and I would be fine with that, even if i wouldn't agree. But there's only one companion doing so, and it's rare and expensive, and this adds a dose of unfairness to the situation.
    Other important thing to note : people who gave their soul to be able to finish tomm or reach the ability to fill their role is getting spat in the face by newbies using a half naked woman which gives tons of damage for no reason, and is both ruining market and making the most difficult trial ever ridiculous, keep in mind that.
    Addendum: while I understand this companion can come really handy to paladins or stubborn healers (or those who are severely crippled by their classes in current mod) in solo content, this companion isn't the solution IMHO, I know it's frustrating when your team is a bunch of people who just came out neverember's personal room with undermountain gear and you can't do anything to get things done but investing in a bug means hurting yourself (because let's face it, it's a BUG and it's gonna be fixed).

Another last note (sorry my post became so long): I've seen people asking for builds to those using xuna and wearing WRONG GEAR AND PETS, and they started following them blindly spending all of their ad and time to emulate them, BUT you know what? They DON'T talk about their xuna so people following their incomplete or inaccurate build end using bad gear, bad pets, doing half dps as before and losing all their resources because they thought mr dps employer was good so it has to be followed. This is TERRIBAD since gets newbies even more crippled and poor.

Tldr: xuna hurts people in some ways and as a bug is gonna be fixed. Not worth it.
    Post edited by fenrus#5571 on
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I know that "nerf" is always a bad word, but i think there's something wrong if i run as op with my xuna and I am first dps in paingiver at lomm in a run of 27 minuts

27 minutes told me all i had to know about the quality of the other DPS in your run.
    > @magdalena#1708 said:
    > Actually Xuna does exactly what a fighter comp should do- fight.
    > Comp does not fight instead of the player, they fight along as , you know, companions.
    > You just forgot about pre mod 16 fights but that was the norm.
    > I personally lose dps when I use Xuna but I get speed bc I can not AoE.
    > Lower dps will benefit more from a comp , as it should be.
    > .
    > And since when bad build advice from some player is an argument for nerfs? Bad build advice happen all the time, might as well nerf everything.
    > About being harder to heal and tank with non augment companions in the party- do you want to get to the end chest or not? If the dps has decided that is more efficient with non augment comp, then this is it.
    > .

OK. Let's keep Xuna and buff up the other fighter companions to do Xuna-like damage. Does that work?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    They are supposed to do some damage, otherwise you could just dump them all.
    As long as you don't pull up some numbers comparing non-augments with Xunas dmg it won't change anything tho.

Everytime I look at my tiger in my comp inventory I remember what a beast that idiot was with 2x gravestrikers and that idiotic overpriced M15 neck or whatever.
    Comparing those two, I don't see how Xuna is supposed to be so game-changing. Trying out Xuna in Lomm doesn't seem off to me (now, that is. You could pull some stuff with dmg comps for a while)
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

If Xuna was unusually deadly in LOMM runs you'd be seeing run after run with 5 Xuna's out.

Well, there was that time where Xuna had such good DPS that Tower of the Mad Mage runs were easiest if you got 10 Xunas and had the party AFK/focus on pure survival.

Of course, that was when it was bugged...

is nothing to install advanced combat tracker and bring the proof.

How dare you not account for the silly console peasantes that happen to post on the PC section! :trollface:

> @rjc9000 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Well, there was that time where Xuna had such good DPS that Tower of the Mad Mage runs were easiest if you got 10 Xunas and had the party AFK/focus on pure survival.
    >
    > Of course, that was when it was bugged...(Quote)
    > How dare you not account for the silly console peasantes that happen to post on the PC section! :trollface:

Lol!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

> @magdalena#1708 said:

> Actually Xuna does exactly what a fighter comp should do- fight.

> Comp does not fight instead of the player, they fight along as , you know, companions.

> You just forgot about pre mod 16 fights but that was the norm.

> I personally lose dps when I use Xuna but I get speed bc I can not AoE.

> Lower dps will benefit more from a comp , as it should be.

> .

> And since when bad build advice from some player is an argument for nerfs? Bad build advice happen all the time, might as well nerf everything.

> About being harder to heal and tank with non augment companions in the party- do you want to get to the end chest or not? If the dps has decided that is more efficient with non augment comp, then this is it.

> .

OK. Let's keep Xuna and buff up the other fighter companions to do Xuna-like damage. Does that work?

No lets not make all striker companions equal please.

BiS is Best in Slot and someone may have spent a lot of real life money on that Xuna. OR spent a lot of time to get that Xuna.

Lets not neerf it
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes but what is the big deal? The chart is more or less pointless. The only usefulness for me is to indicate if somebody did absolutely nothing. e.g. an OP may out heal a healer because the tank self heal more and the whole group does not need much heal.

I thought the same until I discovered and learnt to use the proper build. Since it I doubled my dps and like to see myself as No 1 instead of 4 or 5.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

The worst thing about players who use Xuna in LoMM isn't that their paingiver gets inflated: it's that few of them take the effort to raise their defensive stats accordingly, so their healer has to work harder even as the DPS in question is slacking off (because Xuna). And let's not forget how Xuna-DPS reliably let mimics through, because Xuna doesn't understand mechanics.

Xuna is not appropriately dressed for Undermountain, people. (Or appropriately dressed for anywhere.) Please leave her at home.

Actually Xuna can kill a Mimmic...or at least mine does. I like using xuna not for the mimmic help but she fights the bird people and keeps them away from me...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    You forced me to give an active companion a try - my preliminary screening found two companions that at lvl 1 actually do significantly more damage than my legendary alpha compy! (well, that is a pretty low bar, I know...)

So, now I just need to train them a little bit and may be my SW will soon roam the world along with trusty Attack Bacon (pig) or External Brain Unit (intellect devourer). ...I hope it works out well, otherwise it would be wasted 14k AD on a char parked for incompetence =)
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    > @callumf#9018 said:
    > (Quote)
    > No lets not make all striker companions equal please.
    >
    > BiS is Best in Slot and someone may have spent a lot of real life money on that Xuna. OR spent a lot of time to get that Xuna.
    >
    > Lets not neerf it

Sorry tó disappoint you but the point of making money is making something OP, wait until people buy it, then nerf it while making another thing OP
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    nemesrich said:

> @callumf#9018 said:

> (Quote)

> No lets not make all striker companions equal please.

>

> BiS is Best in Slot and someone may have spent a lot of real life money on that Xuna. OR spent a lot of time to get that Xuna.

>

> Lets not neerf it

Sorry tó disappoint you but the point of making money is making something OP, wait until people buy it, then nerf it while making another thing OP

Oh yes I do know that :)

Still, its best not to encourage it