test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Xuna should be nerfed ASAP

I am tired of getting outdpsed by low-skilled players with lots of Zen (to purchase Xuna)

/end (joke-ish) rant

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    xuna drops from chests in dungeons-skirmishes-trials not from zen market.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I've got characters that use Xuna, characters that use other combat companions, characters that use augments. The difference is not very noticeable for me (because not maxed out levels etc on any of them). Primary reason I use Xuna is because she's funny for starting fights with mobs I never even saw until she brings them screaming for my blood.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @magdalena#1708 said:
    > Of course, another request for nerfs.
    > Consider it done.
    > Next patch Xuna will be just as worthless as your current companion.
    > I did not buy Xuna, I got it as reward. She helps me bc I have no AoE.
    > But I have other good companions that I tested them, I will be fine.
    > You , on the other hand, will request nerfs next year too.
    > .

What other "good" combat companions? Do tell! :)
    > @tribbulater said:
    > I've got characters that use Xuna, characters that use other combat companions, characters that use augments. The difference is not very noticeable for me (because not maxed out levels etc on any of them). Primary reason I use Xuna is because she's funny for starting fights with mobs I never even saw until she brings them screaming for my blood.

Lol. What other combat companions do you use?
  • duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    When companions are doing more damage than players then this is not good for the game, plain and simple.... I can't think of anything more boring than running around and letting your companion dish out more DPS than players.
    > @duckie#5377 said:
    > When companions are doing more damage than players then this is not good for the game, plain and simple.... I can't think of anything more boring than running around and letting your companion dish out more DPS than players.

Exactly my point.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Leave Xuna alone. Please don't ask to nerf something someone else has that you don't.

Theres a Xuna on Auction House for 2.3 million.

At 100k RAD a day that's 23 days to get your own Xuna.
  • duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Leave Xuna alone. Please don't ask to nerf something someone else has that you don't.

Theres a Xuna on Auction House for 20k RAD a day that's 23 days to get your own Xuna.

Who wants to Bott dungeons by letting your companion do all the damage.... it's not about accessibility and more about making sure that groups containing hard hitting companions does not become the norm. Way to ruin a game! Spent far more than 2.3 million AD to get my character to do damage for it to be beaten by a cheap HAMSTER bugged companion.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Theres a Xuna on Auction House for 20k RAD a day that's 23 days to get your own Xuna.

Who wants to Bott dungeons by letting your companion do all the damage.... it's not about accessibility and more about making sure that groups containing hard hitting companions does not become the norm. Way to ruin a game! Spent far more than 2.3 million AD to get my character to do damage for it to be beaten by a cheap HAMSTER bugged companion.
    Who is beaten? If you cannot finish the dungeon, you are beaten. If the group can finish the dungeon, mission complete. I never know why people cares about the DPS chart. It is easy to get on top of it if one does things against the group's goal and hurt the mission. If Xuna hurt the mission (such as attract unnecessary mob), then, yes, Xuna should not be used in that mission but not nerfing it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sirol#5176 sirol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I know that "nerf" is always a bad word, but i think there's something wrong if i run as op with my xuna and I am first dps in paingiver at lomm in a run of 27 minuts
    edited December 2019

I know that "nerf" is always a bad word, but i think there's something wrong if i run as op with my xuna and I am first dps in paingiver at lomm in a run of 27 minuts

Yes but what is the big deal? The chart is more or less pointless. The only usefulness for me is to indicate if somebody did absolutely nothing. e.g. an OP may out heal a healer because the tank self heal more and the whole group does not need much heal.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    I hate people who came and request such things just because they aren't capable to play their classes or a part of the content properly. Yes, Xuna is one of the best striker companion we have left in the game after poorly move that made all the striker companions useless. But if in your case someone out-dpsed you and used Xuna as summoned companion, doesn't necessarily means that the companion is the reason. What kind of content are you running, what is your build and what are your statuses, what kind of class you are playing? There are many factors who can determinate the end result of the damage score in the end of a run so stop crying useless and request trashy things just because you're a bad gamer.

I hate people who came and request such things just because they aren't capable to play their classes or a part of the content properly. Yes, Xuna is one of the best striker companion we have left in the game after poorly move that made all the striker companions useless. But if in your case someone out-dpsed you and used Xuna as summoned companion, doesn't necessarily means that the companion is the reason. What kind of content are you running, what is your build and what are your statuses, what kind of class you are playing? There are many factors who can determinate the end result of the damage score in the end of a run so stop crying useless and request trashy things just because you're a bad gamer.

When a pg with Xuna in a run of lomm do 123kk and second dps cw do 113k, same pg without Xuna but using bullette do 70kk and same cw do 143kk, i think is not the cw skills magically increased...
  • flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I do think that far too much emphasis is given to companions in this game. I have a legend Xuna and it does a lot of damage over a single LoMM run. I would like to see the damage/stats/etc given via Xuna or bonding stones or comp inf or whatever put more into weapons/gears. I am not asking for a nerf but merely a transfer of power from pets to the main character. If you pet is adding more than 10% damage/stats then its doing far too much and has more of a role then it should. The difference in my stats with pet up versus having no pet is insane and it shouldn't be that way. The stats should be put more into gears / enchant stones and stuff that goes into you main character so that summoning a pet gives a little boost but not something thats far too vital that one cant run a dungeon without it. Can i continue as is sure, I know my class, I know my char and i know how to use pets to get to where i need to go..... that don't mean that I agree with the idea however. This is not about Xuna so much as the reliance on pets as a whole. Try to get you char anywhere close to cap stats without a pet summoned ...GL.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

When a pg with Xuna in a run of lomm do 123kk and second dps cw do 113k, same pg without Xuna but using bullette do 70kk and same cw do 143kk, i think is not the cw skills magically increased...
    proof or never happened
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

SO the Xuna did 53million damage in a LOMM run?

SO the Xuna did 53million damage in a LOMM run?
    in a run as Lomm, cw has great dps, but Xuna is more fast than a cw, the other dps (that before use xuna) was a sw, sw take more time to do damage compared to a cw, the difference from first and second run has been emphasized from the fact that this cw can almost kill mobs before sw can hit them. If sw was a gwf the difference surely it would have been inferior.
    I run frequently as cw with this sw and Xuna normaly do from 40kk and 48kk a run.

proof or never happened
    thise was do for a private whim, I don't save it because i don't think it was a problem.
    Only at Lomm Xuna results to be strong, in all other dg the scaling make it to be less efficient.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User

Must of been some really bad dps you were running with, and I hope that the experience drove them to investigate what they did wrong and find a way to get better. No need to nerf Xuna (I have a couple on alts, but don't really use), particularly when there are plenty of still broken pets that need to be fixed first.

Must of been some really bad dps you were running with, and I hope that the experience drove them to investigate what they did wrong and find a way to get better. No need to nerf Xuna (I have a couple on alts, but don't really use), particularly when there are plenty of still broken pets that need to be fixed first.
    surely, I was talking about an extreme case, specifying time was an act wanted to make people understand the thing. I just wanted to emphasize the fact that using Xuna is too simple a way to look like a top player.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    "My build and technique is so bad that I get out-DPS'd by a companion. Obviously, the solution is to nerf companions."
    > @plasticbat said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes but what is the big deal? The chart is more or less pointless. The only usefulness for me is to indicate if somebody did absolutely nothing. e.g. an OP may out heal a healer because the tank self heal more and the whole group does not need much heal.

Oh come on! The Pain Giver chart is not pointless. You and I know that.
    > @the1truehunter said:
    > I hate people who came and request such things just because they aren't capable to play their classes or a part of the content properly. Yes, Xuna is one of the best striker companion we have left in the game after poorly move that made all the striker companions useless. But if in your case someone out-dpsed you and used Xuna as summoned companion, doesn't necessarily means that the companion is the reason. What kind of content are you running, what is your build and what are your statuses, what kind of class you are playing? There are many factors who can determinate the end result of the damage score in the end of a run so stop crying useless and request trashy things just because you're a bad gamer.

Sounds like you do not support nerfing Xuna. Do you support boostig the DPS of all striker companions to Xuna's? (Wait for it...)
    > @sirol#5176 said:
    > (Quote)
    > When a pg with Xuna in a run of lomm do 123kk and second dps cw do 113k, same pg without Xuna but using bullette do 70kk and same cw do 143kk, i think is not the cw skills magically increased...

Exactly.

> @plasticbat said:

> (Quote)

> Yes but what is the big deal? The chart is more or less pointless. The only usefulness for me is to indicate if somebody did absolutely nothing. e.g. an OP may out heal a healer because the tank self heal more and the whole group does not need much heal.

It has been pointless to me for years.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Yes, it is.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    If one zen is a penny, and 750 AD is one Zen. I believe the asking price for a Xuna is $30 and change. Maybe this is "a lot" of cash in your gaming budget? I fail to understand the pricing issue.

Next I fail to see this pointless debate; "I don't or I do own a unicycle, and they are better than all the others. They even outperform me, even though I use it and continue to use it, I hate using it. Other users who do or don't own a unicycle should hate using the unicycle as well."

I don't have any personal steak in the outcome, but when this character/companion/item gets nerfed, what will be the next unicycle on the list? There will always be something better in these games, either available for cash or virtual money, and people will always want an edge. I know right now, if this was my executive decision to make, I wouldn't want to touch it.