test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frecuent disconnections when entering dungeons / trials

darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
Hello,

First, let me say that I have a very stable internet connection, low ping, no packet loss, I dont have any lag in the game and my game experience is Ok.

But since mod 16 (Not sure exactly) I am experiencing disconnects when I enter a dungeon and only in the moment of entering to the instance. Allways in group content, not when playing alone. Expeditions, dungeons, trials... but the disconnect is 40-50% of the times, is very anyoning.

When I try to reconnect, the account server usually makes me wait 30-40 secs and lots of times a timeout. The second try allways is succesfull. After that, I can run the dungeon / trial fine with no disconnects, but rinse and repeat. Every day.

I didnt have this issue in the past, but I play more since mod 17 and it isnt fixed. I dont have any problems in other games, and as I say, seems that is not related to my Internet connection.

Anyone is experiencing something like this? what can I do?
@nitocris83 do you have reports of other players with a similar issue?
Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
Caturday Survivor
Elemental Evil Survivor
Undermontain Survivor
Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Comments

• doctorknockbootsdoctorknockboots Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yes.

Same problem here, even with the same description of the timeouts when logging back on.

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    god i hate this
    an it happens all the time for me an almost ALWAYS on the first q of the day that i try to do
    n then when i try log back in...... times out an then i can try log back in and get in the dungeon i was tryin to get in in the first place
    daily occurence for me and sometimes multiple times too
  • manofbronze#1102 manofbronze Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have almost an identical problem I'm presuming this has been reported to ARC and they are not doing anything about it ?
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    The disconnects are a problem, and obviously for a significant proportion of players.

My internet connection is stable and all other services (youtube, other games, news sites) still run, when the game server chooses to disconnect my account (sometimes with the message, "you have been inactive for 15 min", when I have been constantly running and fighting the entire last 15 min).

The disconnects are particularly annoying, when they happen at the end of an instance.
    Once the server decides to disconnect you, it takes 1-2 min to log into the account and get back into the game.
    If the instance finishes in this time, you find yourself in PE (or wherever you were when the instance started up), with NO REWARDS and NO CHEST to loot. 10-30 min lost. Not fun.

I talked to several other players in random Q's and guild, and it seems to be a rather common problem, that persists for a very long time.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    yeah, I get this a bit now, never used to be a problem. Just then I had the DC when about to open the chests in eDEMO - cost me two chests, not that happy about it.

Only ever happens in Dungeons, never just in normal maps
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I have not really experienced that particular issue since I started doing the "force verify" thing after every maintenance. Usually, I only have to deal with rubberbanding and lag in PE and other areas of the game with lots of players.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I tryed the "force verify" sometimes, and after 3-4 dungeons/trials, the issue starts again.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Forgot, the "On-demand patching" was also a big part of the problem for me as well and it must be turned off.

In my case doing the force verify solved sign-on and disconnect issues due to a bad connection.
    While turning off the On-demand patching resolved freezing and other disconnect issues.

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Yep.
    Ditto.

Took has...
    1) High Speed Internet, hard-wired with high speed cable.
    2) BiS tower/video card/processor
    3) Disabled on-demand patching

Still, happens on dungeon loading at least once per day.
    NW is not even Took's main game anymore. But this doesn't happen on any other game. Just NW.

Triggers Took's Hobbit rage every day.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • symphonia#1951 symphonia Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I too have an issue with this as do my two regular team mates. If we zone into an instance, nearly every tine, at least one of us will end up back on the character select screen - but never all three. It happens far less often when I am doing a random dungeon.

Another issue on the same lines is that, when our group zones to PE or other main zone, we end up on different servers. Then we have to wait a minute before one or even two of us can transfer and will probably have to trundle across the zone to get where we want to be.

This is not a major issue I suppose but aggravating especially because it is so predictable.