test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M18 Preview Delayed

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
While our aim was to have M18 on Preview by today, December 6, we have decided to delay it by one week due to build issues. Our new goal is to have it available next Friday, December 13. Thank you for your patience!

Comments

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    This does not look good. Preview delayed after 2 weeks
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I can send you guts a case of Redbull and home made cookies to help. Just need a name to have it delivered to.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User

come on! we want to know something about the new module! if I cared to play a game without "issues", by this time I would have stopped playing this game a long time ago... :p

qft

PLZ, Release some Infos ….

Nix*
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Delay it as much it need, as long it can improve it's quality..

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • xhylt58xhylt58 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Please tell me why CW is preferred in the TO MM dungeon? Why getting 6 dps cw? why is the damage of other classes so bad in TOMM?
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    xhylt58 said:

Please tell me why CW is preferred in the TO MM dungeon? Why getting 6 dps cw? why is the damage of other classes so bad in TOMM?

The devs have apparently noticed this and do plan to nerf CW for Mod 18 ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    @dread4moor I will agree with Took and wait for fewer bugs. As I will need to know which bugs, are their bugs, as opposed to which bugs, belong to me. However I will state that anything too close to the holiday will result in putting off tests until afterwards. I am not planning to work on this, or any other games, through the holidays.
    @nitocris83 Thanks for the update.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

xhylt58 said:

The devs have apparently noticed this and do plan to nerf CW for Mod 18 ...
    Good thing my 2nd favorite toon is my Warlock anyhow...

• gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

While our aim was to have M18 on Preview by today, December 6, we have decided to delay it by one week due to build issues. Our new goal is to have it available next Friday, December 13. Thank you for your patience!

Took will take an uncharacteristically pro-company stance on this.
    Assuming it really is incomplete and full of bugs, Took prefers a delay...
    with further assumption that it will be playable in 2 weeks.

Yes, alot of assumptions. "HAMSTER out of you and me" and all that.

But after testing over a dozen broken preview releases, Took prefers a late working game to a timely broken one.
    Let's give them time to [crosses fingers] get it right.

Took speaking as a company shill?
    Ick. Took needs a shower.
    This one thinks Took is getting old....
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

Took will take an uncharacteristically pro-company stance on this.
    Assuming it really is incomplete and full of bugs, Took prefers a delay...
    with further assumption that it will be playable in 2 weeks.

Yes, alot of assumptions. "HAMSTER out of you and me" and all that.

But after testing over a dozen broken preview releases, Took prefers a late working game to a timely broken one.
    Let's give them time to [crosses fingers] get it right.

Took speaking as a company shill?
    Ick. Took needs a shower.
    This one thinks Took is getting old....
    True.
    Took had his eleventieth birthday party in The Shire.
    Foot hair is going gray.
    Hopefully they'll get the preview release right with minimal "entomology".
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    xhylt58 said:

It's obviously because players are "massive" DnD fans and are always looking to play their most favorite class with a villain that they're so obviously happy to see.

It can't have "anything" to do with supposed DPS statistics.

... Because didn't you know that Wizard DPS is "only" roughly 10% better than the worst DPS class in Tower of the Mad Mage? :trollface:

Hopefully they'll get the preview release right with minimal "entomology".

Hope Over Experience

Or, in the absence of bugs, there will likely be some mind bogglingly strange gameplay designs that were probably reported during the beginning of the beta (*coughcough Mod 16 "beta" test coughcough*), but never actually made user friendly for some reason.

This discussion has been closed.