test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOMM

xhylt58xhylt58 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Please tell me why CW is preferred in the TO MM dungeon? Why getting 6 dps cw? why is the damage of other classes so bad in TOMM?

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    cw has the advantage that can hit always the boss. i have seen and rangers and rogues doing good and recently i saw a blademaster too. i have seen so far bad perfomance from : arbiter cleric, fighter dreadnought and warlock hellbringer.
  • Options
    haruna742haruna742 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Because of the simple fact that CW has more dmg than other classes. Atleast one ranger is also preferred because it's close in terms of dps, and it can get rid of the ice quickly.
  • Options
    burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Don't worry, as of Mod 18 CW will feel the nerf hammer. Orcus set loses 50% of it's buff, and the new dungeon will have 5000 more item level for monsters. Developers won't raise you to the CW's level, they will be pulled down to our bad neighborhood. Welcome to the ghetto boys. :p
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Don't worry, as of Mod 18 CW will feel the nerf hammer. Orcus set loses 50% of it's buff, and the new dungeon will have 5000 more item level for monsters. Developers won't raise you to the CW's level, they will be pulled down to our bad neighborhood. Welcome to the ghetto boys. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKKMdmPBWRk
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    LOL. Don't worry. Give it time. This game is like playing musical chairs when it comes to class balance. Wizards will be forced to miss the chair in Mod 18, then it might be the fighters or rangers turn next couple of mods and the cycle will continue. Its really tiresome but it is what it is.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

LOL. Don't worry. Give it time. This game is like playing musical chairs when it comes to class balance. Wizards will be forced to miss the chair in Mod 18, then it might be the fighters or rangers turn next couple of mods and the cycle will continue. Its really tiresome but it is what it is.

There is no class balance. The devs have waited 8 months for supposed balance that will come. Now with new mod announcement, no changes to barb, and people being told in other threads that classes are only 3% behind CW at most...So maybe in mod 19...so basically wait for rework of all classes again like mod 16. Or as was said to SW players by certain devs...get gud. Hilarious, but not. Think the idea is to make players waste scrolls and soak up the trade bars in the game.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    stark760 said:

There is no class balance. The devs have waited 8 months for supposed balance that will come. Now with new mod announcement, no changes to barb, and people being told in other threads that classes are only 3% behind CW at most...So maybe in mod 19...so basically wait for rework of all classes again like mod 16. Or as was said to SW players by certain devs...get gud. Hilarious, but not. Think the idea is to make players waste scrolls and soak up the trade bars in the game.
    Bottom line up front (BLUF) - Balance is broken. I don't contest that point at all. My point is, it really doesn't matter as a flavor of the month always seems to exist in this until the devs get around to "fixing" things and once they "fix" it some other class will eventually come out on top. For me, its frustrating as I don't want to get invested in a class (and devote time and more importantly - resources) only for it to fall out of favor in the subsequent mods. Until the devs give each class something unique and make them a potentially valuable option in endgame play, this rat race will continue.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

My paladin has basically sat out ToMM so far. Been in 3 failed runs, and getting any groups that can finish it is worse than finding a tales group for my DPS toons.