test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds need some love

Gear / Dragonflight - I remember a time when earning fangs with SH Dragonflights got you gear that made adventuring in end-game dungeons more doable. If I tried to go into ToMM now with the best of the Dragonflight gear I'd die on the first encounter.

Foods - my pref is Prime Rib - and at around 170k power on my toon the meager help Prime Rib offers makes it not worth using. Same with the HP help it offers.

Marauders - There's no significant reward for doing Marauders past the first cycle. Everyone votes to end it and yay 600 influence for the week extra for that character. Please return to your nap.

Lower Level players - One of the first things a new player gets to see anew is the SH of the guild he just joined. Yet to do much out there he has to get to 80 to be able to contribute much. How about moving higher level encounters to the SH map's periphery and let lower level toon's be able to do things more easily just outside the Stronghold proper.

SH Map. Map the SH map larger with more things to do therein.

Comments

• demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    There are ALL KINDS of things that the strongholds need, in that I agree! But not just the SH's, the alliance feature could be updated a little too. Some thoughts:

Gear - To be honest, although it would be nice to see updates here, unless it is a big upgrade like a new mod, I don't really see that happening. That being said, I would hope there IS a big upgrade and since every new mod DOES have new gear, perfect timing.

Foods - One change that would be cool is if SH foods were changed to "persist through death". This would be an advantage over other foods we get elsewhere. Bumping up the stats a little would be cool as well.

Marauders - I agree totally with you @molchar that the rewards (vouchers) need to improve. At the very least, green vouchers instead. Another idea might be a green-level SH voucher that can be use on any resource or as currency to buy vouchers the guild needs -- I hate getting surplus equipment vouchers as most of the guilds in the alliance are maxed in that area. Yet a another idea -- Shards of Power even if it, like influence were once per week. The number of them could augment with progressive cycles.

Storming the Castle - First, it is not storming THE castle, it is two SHs at war.. ;-) Second, I am not even sure people are playing to much anymore after the changes it went through requiring more players to get the AD reward.

A complete redo of this would be great. Let's call it "Attack the Stronghold". In this version one them is in the SH, the other at a basecamp maybe up in Dragon Hills (where "Drake Attack!" HE takes place). The SH team instead of building catapults, would build a trebuchet with the range to hit the catapult locations of attacking team. The attacking team besides catapults, could build battering rams to try and enter the SH.

As for rewards, AD would be nice and maybe best for the PVP queue. Alternatively, if Steward could 'host' an Alliance-restricted version, AD would be nice (smaller amount maybe), but a currency to buy things like shards and vouchers would be very helpful. Master of Coin could hand the shop.

Naming the Alliance - I REALLY think that the Helm Guild should have a field to NAME the alliance and not relay on the alliance name being the same as the Helm guild. ONE field is all that is needed... :)

Alliance Resource Sharing - Man, can I tell you how needed/desired this is!?!? My guild, Noble Misfits, always has extra metal/stone/food/wood to the point we cannot tend. WE have often talked about and wished we could share with other guilds in our alliance. Baby guilds need love too.. :)

Stronghold Bonus (craftable artifact) - in a different thread, I have gone over this. Find it here: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1251785/aritfact-idea-with-stronghold-bonus. We lost that a few mods back, love to see it return.

Guild Welcome Message - I while back I had posted about a Town Crier or even a Guild Sage NPC that could be used for posting guild rules - still like to see that. The Sage idea I like better because the guild ledger could have more then one "page" based on SH Level (1 page every 5 levels). More useful and NOT an in-game forum.

That's all for now.. :)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    A lot of things, particularly awards and rewards haven't been upgraded since they were first introduced...

That's not to say quests, skirmishes and dungeons introduced 'back when' haven't been made more difficult because many of them have, or player capabilities have been reduced in those instances which is essentially the same thing... but the reward for the completion of those events have pretty much remained the same - or have been actually been nerfed.

Anyway that's my impression.

- snip -

Lower Level players - One of the first things a new player gets to see anew is the SH of the guild he just joined. Yet to do much out there he has to get to 80 to be able to contribute much. How about moving higher level encounters to the SH map's periphery and let lower level toon's be able to do things more easily just outside the Stronghold proper.

↑↑↑ Yeah that! Very much that ~
    DD~
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Agree with the 2 first posts above.

I add that I would be glad to see more "potential for animation" (RP or not) oriented tools (I had posted that elsewhere) :

- a mini arena zone, like in Icewindale, but in the basement of the stronghold + spectator stands, to allow the organization of internal pvp tournaments or trials by duel :P,

- some mini placeholders around the map with interactible 1 inventory space storage (like micro guild's banks) to organize "search the treasure" or do real easter eggs hunts during easter day ^^,

- a zone/building where you can decide and change what kind of monsters groups (from an allowed pool) you meet inside and maybe where some walls/traps are, like the chairs we can change in the hall (+ mini 1 inventory space storage at the end so a guild leader can put a reward there).

Would love to see an enhancement to the "human" animation potential (especially since foundry is gone). Scripted events are nice but events driven by humans can be way more greater if some little tools are provided to work your creativity with.

- a mini arena zone, like in Icewindale, but in the basement of the stronghold + spectator stands, to allow the organization of internal pvp tournaments or trials by duel :P,

Very interesting idea! I would add this, I chest where you place a wager (coin or unbound items). Winner(s) take all.

- some mini placeholders around the map with interactible 1 inventory space storage (like micro guild's banks) to organize "search the treasure" or do real easter eggs hunts during easter day ^^,
    -

Cool... I can see my guild boss getting into this. :) Only thing I would add, MAYBE make them guild-access only.

- a zone/building where you can decide and change what kind of monsters groups (from an allowed pool) you meet inside and maybe where some walls/traps are, like the chairs we can change in the hall (+ mini 1 inventory space storage at the end so a guild leader can put a reward there).

This would be useful as a leveling zone for lower-level toons.

Would love to see an enhancement to the "human" animation potential (especially since foundry is gone). Scripted events are nice but events driven by humans can be way more greater if some little tools are provided to work your creativity with.

AGREED!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    The thing that has always bothered me about Strongholds is the more opponents a guild defeats and the more powerful the guild becomes the stronger the opponents on the Stronghold map becomes...

For me it's almost a reason NOT to level up the Stronghold because at lower levels new and lower level characters can participate in quests but as the Stronghold levels up those new and lower level players are almost instantly killed by Stronghold opponents which is why I wholeheartedly agree with @molchar#7365's suggestion ...

- snip -

The reality is, it isn't always possible for guild members to be available for a new or lower level player to take on quests around the Stronghold and since those new or lower level characters can't successfully defeat the enemies around their Stronghold on their own and they aren't always able to party up with other guild members, too often those players have been kicked out of the guild for "not sufficiently contributing"...

What guild looking to level up really wants to recruit new or lower level players who can't easily contribute items to improve the Stronghold?

I really like the concept of Guilds and Strongholds, however I'm not a big fan of the way they universally formatted the quests around the Stronghold.
    DD~
    I remembered something else about Marauders that pretty much everyone would like to see fixed/changed, when picking up dropped gear - especially from the catapults - you don't always have time to return it to the stack. Suggestion: any picked up gear automatically is returned to the stack...