test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELL PIT BUYOUT

ch0ppingd3athch0ppingd3ath Member Posts: 23 Arc User
I bought the Hell Pit buyout yesterday and now i am not able to do any of the event at all. I know others that have bought the buyout and are still doing the event and are getting better rewards. This is why i bought the buyout was to increase my rewards. Why am I not able to do the event anymore? If this was the case that i can not increase my rewards because it is suppose to be a 21 day event and buyout gave 14 and i can not increase my rewards then what was the purpose of the buyout?

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Buyout usually means all tasks completed and you do not have to do any more. Would seem kind of strange if people were able to use it to get extra rewards beyond what could normally be gotten.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    Buyout BUG means you get less rewards. You cannot earn tokens of flame, the tokens you get after doing the quest. The tokens of flame have some of the best rewards, legendary insignia. Nobody would have done the buyout this early if it meant missing out on the tokens of flame.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This is being investigated by the dev team.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    atlmykl said:

Buyout BUG means you get less rewards. You cannot earn tokens of flame, the tokens you get after doing the quest. The tokens of flame have some of the best rewards, legendary insignia. Nobody would have done the buyout this early if it meant missing out on the tokens of flame.

Oh I didn't realize there as an additional currency tier in the third week. Thought it was just more of the same. Yea, that does suck to get locked out of the new currency when you brought what you thought was a "full" buyout.
  • casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    2 Days I can't activate Hell Pit. The ! is not above the Soul Dudes head??? I did get a buy out as I started 3 days late and don't want to miss out. But not being able to play it means missing out. Bad purchase I guess.
  • mark1971jmsmark1971jms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I have a similar issue. I purchased the buyout on the 8th day of running Hell Pit. It pushed my days to 21, and gave me 21 brimstone and 1 completion, but I'm now not able to get new quests to continue it. Is someone looking into why these issues are happening?
    Post edited by mark1971jms on
  • laxialplaxialp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    To be honest, I don't get it. I bought the buyout too and got 1 token of flame. My friends who bought the pack got 7 tokens of the flame. this is really anoying because the tokens of the flame were the reason WHY I bought that pack. hopefully I will get the reward later.
  • ch0ppingd3athch0ppingd3ath Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    laxialp said:

To be honest, I don't get it. I bought the buyout too and got 1 token of flame. My friends who bought the pack got 7 tokens of the flame. this is really anoying because the tokens of the flame were the reason WHY I bought that pack. hopefully I will get the reward later.

Yes this is the reason I also bought the buyout. I missed 3 days cause of work and bought the buyout cause i was figuring on missing more days. I know people that bought the buyout and was still able to keep going in hell pit and fighting. I hope they fix this soon.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Greetings All,

Just wanted to give you an update on this issue. We have found the problem and are working out the final details on resolving this for those affected and preventing it from happening in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will get your ticket to hell back to you as soon as we can.

Silius

This is one of the weird situation that people desperately want to go to hell. :)
    "I can go to hell", "you can go to hell" are new blessing. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    This has been happening since the urgent fix they did on 26th November as you can see at https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13132901

So for me today make 8 days bugged with the mission active and unable to enter the pit so I'm getting no rewards
  • eldan102086eldan102086 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    well lets wait for fix
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Greetings All,

Just wanted to give you an update on this issue. We have found the problem and are working out the final details on resolving this for those affected and preventing it from happening in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will get your ticket to hell back to you as soon as we can.

Silius

was the issue by chance a lack of play testing... again?
  • smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Is the update for tomorrow to fix this? I can't do quests anymore either.
  • shrineerune#9386 shrineerune Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    This has been very disappointing. :( I sincerely hope that this is fixed, and that those of us that chose the buy out early get some form of compensation.
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Nothing in patch notes about a fix. 9 days unable to enter 😔😔
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    This is crazy, after today's patch (20191204) I finally got inside the Hell Pit but I got no rewards at all. Not the kind of patch I was expecting at all.
    Still can't get quest after patch
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I purchased on day 9 expressly for the purpose of advancing to round 3 to start earning Tokens of Flame. I have not been able to participate since and after today's patch I am still not able to participate.... The clock is ticking down for this event and we can only earn a maximum of 7 tokens of flame. If this is not fixed today or tomorrow there is no way I'll get my 7 Tokens.
    ph33rm3 said:

I purchased on day 9 expressly for the purpose of advancing to round 3 to start earning Tokens of Flame. I have not been able to participate since and after today's patch I am still not able to participate.... The clock is ticking down for this event and we can only earn a maximum of 7 tokens of flame. If this is not fixed today or tomorrow there is no way I'll get my 7 Tokens.

Same issue i bought the buyout on day 6 cause i had missed 3 days so i didnt want to fall behind in the event and wanted to earn my 7 tokens of flame. well that was and i am over this event i am to the point i want a full refund and they can remove my tokens of brimstone and my participation token. I am so over it now i just want my Zen refund now it has gone well past the time of this being fixed. They should have been on top of this issue the first day the found out.

• judesciencejudescience Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also bought the 'hellpit buyout' cause i missed a day...it is now day 2 of not being able to do hell pit at all :( i just want to be able to participate and earn my tokens to buy rewards as advertised. should i submit a ticket, or will there be a fix that allows me to finish event properly with out loss of rewards???
  • swashbuckler#0625 swashbuckler Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    After todays' patch, no tokens of flame from the buyout and still no access to continue the event. I still have my 21 brimstone tokens and 1 participation token.
    Well it seems that they have now fixed the buyout when people started complaining about a refund. But what about all the days we missed we will not get that chance are they going to give us anything in return for those missed days or are we just stuck with what days are left?
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Cannot still enter. Given up trying. Zen Money refund pls.
    I can enter now, but I never did get tokens of flame from the buyout package (which said seven were included).
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Yesterday, after the patch when I saw that it was still not fixed I was ready to leave the game as I felt that the developers do not care about their players base. BUT..later in the evening it got fixed and some of my fate now is restored in the game and the developers. Some...as though it is great that it was fixed - in somehow timely fashion - yet it should not have happened at the first place, especially with this relatively simple content. Please in future test your content before you release it, and not just for mechanics but also the buyouts.There is no need to aggravate your player base as this is a repellent. Unfortunately, lot of little aggravation and frustrations adds up and the next one might just be the one that puts it over the top for some and make them leave. It is a good game that many of us enjoy playing so please, try to keep glitches and bugs at minimum.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Hmmm...many, just like me, got the buyouts as we were missing days. I know it is specific to US but we had a big 4 day holiday and many were traveling. Not sure why your 1st assumption is that people did it out of greed. BUT even if it was done as you say out of greed people should get some advantage if they buy something from zen store as many will use RL money to do so. Why punish those who invest in game and make the game running? Nothing is free in this life and those who spend money in it enable those who can not afford to do so. So we all enjoy this game. Therefore I see no reason why not give an advantage to those who keep the game running. Also the issue with the buyout pack was that it did not contained the token of flames. Now this is fixed.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

If they purchased the buyout what is there to play? Curious, did you want double rewards, that would be very greedy and unfair to us who play the event. @Devs, if you make them purchase a event buyout and then let them play to get more rewards, you will make a lot of players very annoyed by it since the buyout clearly states 21 days of event, there is nothing to play.

I did not buy the pack but the issue I understand is:
    1. you will get less than playing and
    2. in addition, what you get does not match the description of the pack neither.

Some may expect buying the pack + playing will get more.
    Some may expect buying the pack matches playing.
    However, I don't think anyone expected you would get less.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I can enter the pit again but still not getting the top award and with only 4 days left will not get the top prize. This really sucked and I will never buy a buy out again even if I miss the first few days. A total waste of zen and ya real money.