test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now that Mod 18 is "in the bag" what would you like to see in Mod 19?

grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
1. Upgrade the Professions to Rank 5. Gives each player the ability to sell to Adventuring groups, City Armed forces and police, Noble Armed Forces and police, etc. for real amounts of Gold (e.g. a suit of plate armor could sell for 1200 gold, Magic armors +1-+6, could sell for 10,000 gp [sorry, scrip not acceptable]) with the cap in artisans raised to 40, multiple artisans usable per project and deadlines of 1 week (to outfit an adventuring party of 5) to 3 months (to supply 500 sets of Masterworks V armor to the Purple Dragon Knights) of Real Time. Failure to meet the deadline you don't get paid, but can sell the completed items through Trade or AH.
2. Put the Tales of Old Dungeons back in service as Regular and Epic Dungeons.
3. Turn this game into a Regular D&D experience and get rid of a lot of the MMO garbage.

This discussion will end at 11:59:59 PM PT (when is that for you) to give the devs actual time to work on the requests.

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    April 2, 2020
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    There will be no Mod 19.....
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @noworries#8859 @mimicking#6533

I'm going to ask for this again.

I'd like the side areas in CC, ToS, and GwD to be restored. They are already there, just blocked off. I can provide screenshots if no one believes me. I'd like to see the enemies and lore they contained restored (and, in fact, one piece of lore is STILL in one of those places, lying on the floor). There was some really good stuff there. One of the minibosses they keep fenced off is STILL there. Even the torch puzzle is there and it works. Come on, guys, this cannot possibly take a long time to implement or to test. This is low-hanging fruit. It would at the very least show that you're listening and engender some goodwill by undoing one of the mistakes of Mod 6.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    - More dungeons / trials like ToMM. With a training easy version with lesser rewards so everyone can enjoy.
    - Sets rebalancing. Rebalance artifact sets so all are relevant and you have more choices.
    - Armor / weapon enchants overhaul. Make all relevant again.
    - A system of rewards for helping low level characters, or something that encourages old chars helping new chars.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I would make a list but it's probably just the same things I've wanted to see since Mod 13-14ish so why bother.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Honestly, M19 is pretty much "in the bag" too. You want to request stuff for m20 - 21.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I would really like Master craft to be upgraded, or new releases to fit with level 80 gear. its' my favorite thing in the game.
  • corsair#6764 corsair Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I'd like a mechanism whereby the game monitors the traffic travel-time between each player and their current server. For those of us living outside the USA, distance & physics mean we're always going to have that fraction of a second less to react (and that's discounting actual lag) to, say, AoEs. And yes, I'm thinking of Hell Pit right now. If those times go beyond some predefined limit, then mob cast times could be extended by a similar amount.

And something I've always really wanted is an option to change the colour(s) of AoE markers. For those of us who are colour-blind, the textures and/or colours of some floors make AoEs impossible to see. (Again, this has been highlighted for me in Hell Pit.)
  • vordraxianvordraxian Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Same thing I've been asking for since Rangers were released in Mod.. 2? Mod 1? In any case, I want to play a Druid. I would also take a Bard if they could make them fun to play both solo and in groups. But yes, every time a new mod is released, I start by looking for the magic word, "Druid," and then go back and look at the rest of it. Druid, please. Druid.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    Class re-balance, make everyone happy.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    M19 is already in development/scoped but request lists are always appreciated :)
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    How about dps warlock as viable by mod 19?
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    That big Balor thing that shows up when you fail at Yester Hill quest. What if it roamed through a random map, say once every 2-3 hours unannounced and takes 20 players to kill, for a rare drop chance. Add darker skies or rain, or creepy music? Might be fun.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Unnerf paladins, I had a really great hybrid dps/heal/tank pally in mod 15, and he was nerfed into oblivion with mod 16. The healadin loadout is unplayable in solo content as I recall, (I switched to tank in mod 16 and never looked back). In groups the healadin is trash, cuz I've put all my effort into the tank...

Biggest thing I wanna see is companions, and mounts that are BtA on equip(much like the comp gear and current(mountain, deep) seals are able to passed from toon to toon on the same account. I have 4 leg mounts on my pally, and they would be better served on my alts. I also have several companions spread across multiple toons that would be better off elsewhere. This BtC on equip is just rubbish, and I know it wasn't like that when I first started playing on xbox in early 2018.

That big Balor thing that shows up when you fail at Yester Hill quest. What if it roamed through a random map, say once every 2-3 hours unannounced and takes 20 players to kill, for a rare drop chance. Add darker skies or rain, or creepy music? Might be fun.

Aim Higher, at least Epic Purple or Legendary Orange.
    zularose said:

I would really like Master craft to be upgraded, or new releases to fit with level 80 gear. its' my favorite thing in the game.

By improved, I presume you mean Better than anything coming out in 2021 as a starter for MW I, MW II better than anything in 2022 (including level 90 equipment/clothing), MW III better than anything in 2023, MW IV better than anything coming out in 2024 and MW V better than anything coming out in 2025 (including level 100 gear/clothing).

I could go for that.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    STRONGHOLD love, please.... guilds and alliances are near to be useless......
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    CLASS SIGIL ARTIFACTS - create a set bonus to make them competitive and encourage development of multiple characters.

(2 of set) gain 5% extra companion influence and companion damage
    (3 of set) gain 10% extra companion influence and companion damage
    (4 of set) gain 20% extra companion influence and companion damage
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2019

STRONGHOLD love, please.... guilds and alliances are near to be useless......

So true... especially when most of the guilds in your ally have already hit the level 19-20, so maxed the boons (or close enough to not be bothered by the difference).

Since Storming the Castle was fixed to prevent partial parties/queues (<20players in one team so we wont "organized" a 20vs1 teams to grab the rewards quickly while not really fighting), and since no revamp was done for the DragonFlight's rewards so they worth something (beside fashion), my ally activities inside the stronghold have drastically droped :

2 years ago we were used to see the ally running Storming the Castle at least 5 times everyday (though I agree that it was 4500rAD too easily given to a lot of players, though it was individually longer than the red magicians, Baphomet, Arcane reservoir, Tuern, or even Biggrin weeklies) + 2 or 3 mini Dragonflights/week (2 drags) and a "big" one every sunday (to down all 4 dragons)
    Tofay, it's occasionnal marauders (something like 1 or 2 per week), and some trimestrial semi-RP events, that's it for "massive" reunions of ally mates, because there is no real incentives to do anything in the stronghold given by the game itself.

A new "massive" event (requiring more than a 5players party) with some useful rewards inside the Stronghold would be greatly appreciated (or at least make the DragonFlight appealing again about the rewards).

Or enhance the power of the guild leaders/officers so they can shape their forteress themselves with more potential for animations :
    - a mini arena zone, like in Icewindale, in the basement of the stronghold, to allow the organization of internal pvp tournaments (or trials by duel :P),
    - some mini placeholders around the map with interactible 1 inventory space storage (like micro guild's banks) to organize "search the treasure" animations or do real easter eggs hunts during easter day ^^,
    - a zone/building where you can decide and change what kind of monsters groups (from an allowed pool) you meet inside, like the chairs we can change in the hall.

There are plenty of ideas that would allow players to create their own things. Foundry is gone but you, devs @nitocris83 , shouldn't give up about how to make the players appropriate the game.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    REMOVE SCALING.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

A new "massive" event (requiring more than a 5players party) with some useful rewards inside the Stronghold would be greatly appreciated (or at least make the DragonFlight appealing again about the rewards).

Yes please. This game sorely needs something new that can be done by a mass of people. Dragonflight was once that thing. Marauders tried to be and was a fail.

Tiamat's 25 man glory is a thing of the past.

I recently played a beta of a game. This game had open world bosses with well over 60-70 people fighting it at the same time. NW needs this kind of exciting encounter that spawns a few times a day and makes people gather up together.

I hate SKT but I remember running those heroics with mobs of people.

Dragons in WoD is like the only thing people still do as a mob.

The game has basically forced people to run in groups of 5 for most content and has lost some of the appeal in large scale battles.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    Dragonflight is still a thing in our alliance and it is still being run every night.

I personally always want to get rid of Random Queue and I know it will not happen.
    RQ destroys community IMO.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I want to be able to run low-level skirmishes again. I have to low-level alts in suspended animation because I don't want to outlevel the skirmishes.

I also would like to be able to run skirmishes I missed that have never been CTA's. With the devs doing all this work on scaling it seems like it should be doable by then.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • e1ementoe1emento Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    I agree with hustin1 above.
    All skirmishes except for three have been turned into CtAs. Why not the other three as well?
    Some of my characters can't finish their storylines without them.
    Those are "The Blacklake Terror"; "Defend the Village"; and "The Aberrant Assault".

I know that in Tales of Old, the three forgotten dungeons were brought back but only exclusively for those of High TILs. Not all of us have high tils. Couldn't these dungeons be brought to scale to particular levels?
    That way, my characters can complete them as part of their storylines.

Ever since Tiamat came out, the changes in new mods have messed up with casual players like myself.
    I'm still waiting for the dev/tech team to fix the bug that involves missing items from general inventories every time a new mod is introduced.
    That is control + J key and not personal inventory of each character.
    So far I've noticed companions and some mounts which have been previously recorded into general inventory go missing. After a new mod comes out, I end up repeating myself and that's only if those missing companions and mounts can be found in our guild bank.
    Currently I'm fed up with constantly doing this so I've decided not to play the game until this gets rectified.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I recently played a beta of a game. This game had open world bosses with well over 60-70 people fighting it at the same time. NW needs this kind of exciting encounter that spawns a few times a day and makes people gather up together.
    THIS and THIS again - ok instances only hold 40 players - but this would be awesome.

A bit like the Night Terror thingy from Barovia.

Random spawn on random map, needs a full geared up group to kill, 5 mins to kill it?

JUST something totally different from Neverwinter norm really.

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2019

THIS and THIS again - ok instances only hold 40 players - but this would be awesome.

Random spawn on random map, needs a full geared up group to kill, 5 mins to kill it?

The only issue I see with that is you need to make world bosses worth it - for a long while. In NW we will beat the HAMSTER out of it the first few weeks, then drops are cheap af and nobody will do it anymore.
    With legacy, you can now find some ppl do kill dragons with in lvling instances, but some time ago newbies had a hard time in things like whispering caves or stuff...
    Or demonic encounters.
    We would have some stuff we could do already, but its useless after a while unless you need it for lvling alts.
    - bye bye -
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User

How about class specific enchants?

Like Warlock one that doubles fire dmg. or adds double duration burn?
    A Fighter one with a knockdown would be fun, if it also added to their miserable dmg. currently as of mod 17.
    Or a Cleric enchant that adds Laustmouth's chance of a double hit, or reflected dmg.
    Usable by all with no race restrictions, however the added bonus would be class specific.
    It would be a type of class balancing thing.
    Hey, just building bridges here, instead of the usual class envy or Dev. bashing.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Make the Chult 2nd big HE easy to come out without lighting up all the altar.
    That would be a good fight and I think a lot of people did not even fight or know about that one.
    That was already made. Hence, don't even need new programming.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cookiewookiee#8732 cookiewookiee Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Utility enchantments with % outgoing healing, since there is very little dedicated healing gear in the game. Also enchantments with run speed would be fun.

New mount models. There are a lot of horses everywhere currently. Why not a fluffy goat or something slinky like a ferret or honey badger? Something big like a rhino or hippo. A fox with a big fluffy tail. A many-headed hydra with heads that fight each other as animation. Lots of fun potential.