test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Difficulty?

Comments

• taylaamogintaylaamogin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Some people seemed to be confused about the IL for this event. If you are over 20 IL you will be scaled down so you are not going in on your 24.5k char, you are going in on a scaled down version. Another confusion seems to be the scaled down number. From what we are reading it is supposed to be 18k if you are over 20k. That's not working right. Some are scaling down to 18k and some to 20k and all the players reporting this in our alliance are well over 20k to start.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    This is what I did tonight. No health potion, no Avalanche of Steel. Use one power up by accident at the end of round 4.

https://youtu.be/Iy9J0TPxCnM
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Ok I tried to use Spoiler alerts etc.

But all I can say is give Day 15 a go - its surprising, really surprising, even if you have given up before, go check it out @sandukutupu

• tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Day 15:
    1st round: Got biggest enemies out there (Balor's, Nalfeshnee), some with cc powers (Glabrezu).
    2nd round:
    More same f(r)ieds from 1st round with addition of Succubi and in half round, champion joined (Warmaster Baldric, horse rider).
    No bonus round. Died 2 times (charmed to death ;). Haven't used any scrolls or healthstones.

After giving quest back got 3 brimstones and 1 token of flames.
    Good luck!
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Well... at least it was 2 rounds only... and finally a little bit better rewards.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

But all I can say is give Day 15 a go - its surprising, really surprising, even if you have given up before, go check it out @sandukutupu

but I think you would have to have completed 14 runs to get there...I will know later today as I missed a day.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    empalas said:

but I think you would have to have completed 14 runs to get there...I will know later today as I missed a day.

I gave up on the first day of the second week, tried today and I had 5 rounds. Interesting thing is, now I passed 5 rounds.
    edited December 2019

empalas said:

I gave up on the first day of the second week, tried today and I had 5 rounds. Interesting thing is, now I passed 5 rounds.
    I think sometimes it takes pity on you and gives you an easy mode. There does seem to be some of the round 4/5 where you don't get near the number of mobs spawning. I noticed a couple of times where you get a couple of the demons(look like the imps) but they take a few hits to kill and nothing new spawned for the last 30-40 seconds of the round. Seen that at least twice. So I don't know if it something bugged or a random thing in there so if someone just keeps trying it will finally go to something like that.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I just completed day 15, it was no harder than week 2, only 2 rounds with no bonus round - took a bit longer to kill the champion that turned up but didnt have to use any potions, didnt even uses my daily, mount power or the shield that dropped in the arena, as i was saving it not realising it was only 2 rounds long.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    I would put day 15 and the 2 rounds per day somewhere between week 1 and week 2 difficulty. Not hard, far less CC than day 14 on rounds 4/5+bonus. And a note, for round two, you do not have to last the full two minutes, once I killed the champion it was over. 1 flame 3 brimstone tokens.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    i am not sure as i never really paid direct attention to the damage but i think after yesterdays patch the damage on all mobs in the pit was reduced a bit. Haven't run today yet but yesterday the attacks didn't seem to be as damaging to me.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    The two rounds of Day 15 were pretty much like the bonus round from Day 14, just with a champion mixed into it... most annoying part here, even when i block with my Fighter, i still get send flying all across the bloody arena!

On the plus side, pulled my third legendary from a lockbox today. =)
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    empalas said:

I think sometimes it takes pity on you and gives you an easy mode. There does seem to be some of the round 4/5 where you don't get near the number of mobs spawning. I noticed a couple of times where you get a couple of the demons(look like the imps) but they take a few hits to kill and nothing new spawned for the last 30-40 seconds of the round. Seen that at least twice. So I don't know if it something bugged or a random thing in there so if someone just keeps trying it will finally go to something like that.

Well i bought elven battle enchantment (less chance to be charmed) and read here that it's all random :) . As a tank, ilv 19k I can survive 80 sec without problem and if i got shield that's it - so I got shield in 4th round. Died in 5th but than got shield and that was it. I don't know how dps ilv 19 can survive this. Maybe with a lot of luck and stone of health. My dps ilvl 20k fighter just can't. People have beeb writting about scalling. Yes, but when you're on 19k you usually don't have good stuffs.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Aha. It's the damned Glabrezus.

They're the ones that knock you flying. What looks like a little punch will hit you from fifty feet away and send you flying halfway across the arena, and battlerage is zero protection against it. If you're fighting more than one, it's pretty much impossible to keep your footing to get any attacks off.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    regenerde said:

The two rounds of Day 15 were pretty much like the bonus round from Day 14, just with a champion mixed into it... most annoying part here, even when i block with my Fighter, i still get send flying all across the bloody arena!

Not even close. Yesterday's bonus round I was running for my lift. Today was a bit boring. The champion I pretty much ignored. I just killed mobs around him until time ran out and I had to put him down. The mobs were bigger, but there were less and were only a bit harder to take down than the easy trash that normally flood the arena. I'm actually glad it is only two rounds. Was getting bit sick of spending nearly 15 mins every day on this.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    First day of week 3, and I actually liked it! The big improvement was 2 rounds. That's far better on the ratio of effort to reward, and keeps it from being as boring. Round 1 was just like last week's later rounds. There was too much CC, which is annoying when you can't do anything about it, but overall okay.

Round 2 was similar, but with the same person described above in a spoiler section. I had the heart power up, fortunately, so it was not bad. Unstoppable was a big help to finish off the big bad. That was certainly worth it for a 10-pack of Preservation Wards or 1/3rd of the way to a legendary insignia.

If Cryptic could improve the first two weeks and make them more like this, this would be an overall fun event.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User

She has been in Alabama visiting relatives for the holidays and won't be back until December 15th. I believe this event will end the 12th. She knew going in, the best she could do would be the first part, but also assumed the increased difficulty would knock her out of this contest. Maybe she can find a hotspot with some decent internet, I will pass it on to her.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Ok, that's the first day of 3rd week.
    The 2 rounds felt much more enjoyable than the 5 (6 with bonus) rounds from previous weeks : much shorter hence less boring/repetitive to do.

As a note, I also find these 2 rounds more easy (which is strange as it doesn't fit a "progression" in difficulty), but maybe it's because I didn't loose my focus as much as when we had to go through 5-6 rounds.

The champion didn't feel like something different from the regular knights for me, unfortunately. Just a bigger HP meatbag, but not a real threat (Glabrezus and incubus/succubus seemed much more dangerous, because of their CC that can kept you unable to fight, dodge or run where you need during a long time).
    I mostly ignored the Champion until anything else was dead. It would have been different I think if he had a multiple cavalry charges encounter accross the room instead of a single one (same as Drufy 3xcharges in a row for exemple) => result would probably be more draining for stamina and would lead to really pay attention at where the Champion is.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Have anyone have been thinking in getting Demon wards from SH ???
    It would make things a tad easier for some classes
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    finmakin said:

They made zero difference that I could tell for my warlock.

edited December 2019
    finmakin said:

That was one of the suggestions. Note that: if you have account bound gear, putting the overload enchantment in will make it character bound.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    All right, my first champion: difficulty of the arena - on the scale from the first to the second week - pretty close to the first week. And just two rounds, so even faster to do.
    I got pretty easy mixture and compared to the second week's nightmare not only the CC was moderate, there were less numerous waves and literally nothing that could threaten me in terms of damage output. Champion had bigger HP-bar compared to the other mobs, that was all.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    It seems to me that the weeks are out of place. Week one was a cakewalk, whereas week two was murder with overboard CC on the bonus round if you failed a RNG roll. Week three however seems to be where week two should have been, quicker and less enemies to contend with. I used the exact same character/loadout for all three weeks and IMO the last couple days of week three have been more enjoyable than any of the previous days from week two.
    edited December 2019
    Week 1: running in circle and kill them all when the round ends.
    Week 2: I probably have been lucky. Not hard for my toon. Easier and easier after day 1 (knowing what it is).
    Week 3: disappointment. I expected something harder.
    ya week 3 round 1 my warlock took almost no damage at all. Second round is tougher but just more drawn out. had to use health stone a couple times. 2nd week I used it probably 15-20 times to get through rounds 4/5
    Day 16

Round 1 - really quite easy. Used the boot power up and about 3 Health Stones. Save my Daily till the end.
    Round 2 - got the hear power up, popped it when time was down to about 30 seconds, used a few stones, built up enough to do the Daily. Took maybe a minute or two after th etimer had wound down to finally kill The Beast and a few mobs who survived my Avalanche of Steel.

But is it fun? Lots of running in circles isn't what I expect to do in an MMO.

Might change back to single target attacks for tomorrow and see how that goes.
    Did everyone get the same boss on day 1 of week 3?
    I got a horseman named "Warmaster Baldric".
    Except mine did not have the 'k' in the end. :)
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    was unable to do hell pit my self since my 18k barb could not survive so what is the point in doing this event if they have ruined all of the either ones with scaling cause i used to love call of arms but dont like it anymore