test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Empowered Runestone fail

gunk#7763 gunk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Can someone explain to me why the def stats on empowered runestones gives 0 bonus health? I don't want to hear O that is a known issue either. I want to know WHY empowered runestones say they give health BUT none are given.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    The HP from empowered runestone is available for your (non-augment) companion. HP (regardless where it came from) does not transfer through bonding or augment. Your non augment companion has certain HP by default too. It is not transferred neither. It is an known WAI. HP was not transferred since beginning. However, mod 16(?), it did. It was a bug.

Remember: companion gear and its runestone gives the stat to the companion. Augment pet and bonding runestone give "certain" stat from the companion to the character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gunk#7763 gunk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    exactly what i did not want to hear, sorry but that a load of horse manure. Not what you said but the fact that is another non working issue with this game. The answer, while appreciated is NOT acceptable to the issue. Thanks
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    what do you mean it is not working? It is working correctly and other than a small time at the beginning of Mod 16 has worked correctly since the start of the game. HP from Companions was never set to transfer over.
    akemnos said:

what do you mean it is not working? It is working correctly and other than a small time at the beginning of Mod 16 has worked correctly since the start of the game. HP from Companions was never set to transfer over.

What i Mean is I have a Aug companion and the empowered runestone says 4230 health its highlighted it appears in the slot, BUT there is not benefit or stats raise from them, THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK, that how they MADE them work for AUG companion only, but in the description it does not say NON AUGMENT ONLY or ONLY WORKS ON SOME COMPANIONS nothing at all, even though it says it gives u 4230 health. Does that clarify what I am complaining about, if not. then this is not the conversation for you, your comments are insulting and petty. Move on troll.

edited December 2019
    gunk#7763 said:

akemnos said:

What i Mean is I have a Aug companion and the empowered runestone says 4230 health its highlighted it appears in the slot, BUT there is not benefit or stats raise from them, THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK, that how they MADE them work for AUG companion only, but in the description it does not say NON AUGMENT ONLY or ONLY WORKS ON SOME COMPANIONS nothing at all, even though it says it gives u 4230 health. Does that clarify what I am complaining about, if not. then this is not the conversation for you, your comments are insulting and petty. Move on troll.

Did you read the tooltip of empowered runestone?

Runestones grant your companions bonuses and additional statistics. Hit point gain does not apply to augment companions.

For augment pet, pet does not get HP. Character does not get HP.
    For non-augment pet, pet gets HP. Character does not get HP. Hence, the HP portion of empowered runestone works for non-augment pet.

As I said, not all the stat is transferred. e.g. old companion gear has "+10% outgoing healing" which applies to the pet and not transferred to the character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    gunk#7763 said:

akemnos said:

I was neither insulting or petty in my comment. I asked how you can say it is not working when the answer you were given clearly showed that it was/is working as intended.

If you want me to be petty and insulting than fine, I am apparently not the one who cant read or understand things. The runes does exactly what it states it should do. It gives the companion 4230 hp. The problem here is you are oblivious to the tool tip on the runestone itself which was pointed out in post directly above. "Hit point gain does not apply to augment companions."

It is a poorly executed fix for something that is broken, rather than correcting this the right way(don't allow a empowered runestone to be slotted in a defensive spot or at the very least dont allow the bonus of health to be displayed on a def slotted companion gear on a aug companion), but rather let put it in the fine print but not fix the actual displayed bonus. No I've been playing for 6 years haven't had the tool tips on for many of them, that a fine excuse for claiming something is right and correct when it is in fact broken and lazy coding. I'm done checking this thread good day, thanks for your replies.
    edited December 2019
    This is not new. I can understand a new player may miss it or has not learnt about it but you have played for 6 years.
    I knew about HP cannot be transferred for many years.

There was time you could put any equipment (such as belt, ring, neck slots) for companion (including augment).
    That was before there was bonding runestone.
    There are equipment that has HP such as a ring. There are enchantment slot that you can put Radiant.
    Rule of thumb back then was: do not put radiant to the defense slot of the equipment for your augment.
    That HP was never transferred from augment.
    once again it is not broken. Your corrections also wont work:

- don't allow a empowered runestone to be slotted in a defensive spot - this takes away from the ton of people who still use a summoned companion. The runestone will provide the 4320 hp to that companion, which is working as intended
    - dont allow the bonus of health to be displayed on a def slotted companion gear on a aug companion - The gear and the companion are completely separate from each other i can slot that runestone into a companion gear and then switch my companion back and forth after every single mob group if i wanted. the gear doesn't change.

It is not the companies or anyone else's fault that you turned off tool tips. For once the tool tip on each of these pieces is actually correct and working as intended.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Geezus another one of these "ITS BROKEN" rampages that can really just be rewritten to say "I didn't read the tooltip because if I had I would know it doesn't do what I assumed it did".

So many bugs in the game and we get another thread about something that is 100% working the way it was intended and is stated.

Not a bug. Just a failure to look before you leap.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Closing this up now as answers have been given and I don't see this thread going anywhere good.
This discussion has been closed.