test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uh...Drania, can't we talk about this?

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
I hope this is a bug, because it's not making any sense.

screenshot-2019-12-01-15-35-13
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Yeah, it caught me rather off guard as well, but she had a sword and was labeled "Human" when it happened to me. I was thinking i missed a cinematic where she turns on you or gets possessed.

i was half wondering if there was supposed to be more lead up that got trimmed out when Chult became a legacy campaign.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Can someone elaborate on whats going on here please? :)
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    At the start of the Chult campaign you have some introduction quests. Just before you finally enter the city, the adventurer that accompanied you through all of that suddenly turns hostile. (there are no warning signs before, or any reference after)

Actually I think you can enter the city without killing her. (at least if you do not wait for the combat to start)
    It looks like a bug, but an old one, MOD15 had it as well - however, I am not sure when exactly it started. (but it has been already brought up on this forum before)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I don't remember it when I ran the last of my characters through there and I think it was mod 15. First I heard of this was mod 16.

Belly and the other female sailor die when the dinos attack just before King of Spines appears You can see their bodies before you mount up. Drania just vanished after the cutscene with Minsc. I assume she was just forgotten by the devs. At some point after launch, missing posters were added in Port Nayanzaru.

It is possible the devs were trying to clear up the mystery but this seems unlikely as it creates more confusion than her absence.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I don't remember it when I ran the last of my characters through there and I think it was mod 15. First I heard of this was mod 16.

Belly and the other female sailor die when the dinos attack just before King of Spines appears You can see their bodies before you mount up. Drania just vanished after the cutscene with Minsc. I assume she was just forgotten by the devs. At some point after launch, missing posters were added in Port Nayanzaru.

It is possible the devs were trying to clear up the mystery but this seems unlikely as it creates more confusion than her absence.

I played 6 toon and I always felt the story is not right for separating from her. What kind of hero I am? I supposed to go there to save people and I ignored the last survived companion? That does not make sense to me. I even made a point to my latter toon to wait for a long time before walked forward to meet Minsc just in case she showed up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Sometimes for something to remain a mystery is the better plot.