test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FULL CLASS

nisma2nisma2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Did it ever occurred to any of you that most races do not have both requirements to make a full class. For exemple the PALADIN. To make a full one you need CHARISMA and WISDOM. if you check you will see that none of the races have those two. The same is true for many races. The halfling is one of those races. If you choose it, you will play with only half the class. Of all the races only 5 of them allow you to play a full class. They are : half-orc, gith, sun elf, dwarf and thiefling.

CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    For the glory of the dragonborns !
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    What's a "thiefling"?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    greywynd said:

What's a "thiefling"?

I am guessing they mean Tiefling.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    What's a "full class"?

What's a "full class"?

Depends on the school district. Average class size is about 20.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Why charisma for paladin? o.O

By the way, choose the race you like. Right now, in terms of ability scores, chosing one instead of another doesn't make a big difference.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    kors#9447 said:

Why charisma for paladin? o.O

By the way, choose the race you like. Right now, in terms of ability scores, chosing one instead of another doesn't make a big difference.

Because traditionally Paladins are the glory boys/golden boys/good looking versions of ordinary Knights so they need those shiny teeth and hair and winning smiles and lack of body odour smell to work their magic ;)
    Charisma can also be force of personality. Not just looks.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Charisma can also be force of personality. Not just looks.

Yeah I missed that bit out by mistake. Good spot :)
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    For those confused how the current iteration of D&D uses stats for casting. Here is a loose explanation.

Intelligence casters use their knowledge of the structure and rules of the weave to make things happen.

Wisdom casters use their experience with the ways of the world like nature and faith in powers in things like gods to answer prayers that have spell effects.

Charisma is the force of personality and persuasion, and when used in magic, it is like you are willing or persuading something else to have the desired effect. In older additions it ONLY determined your looks, leadership and natural charm. But they went a different route with 4th and 5th.
    In paladins their personality is used as a reflection of their god's glory, which grants them prayers or divine effects.
    In warlocks the force of their personality is entreating their patron to do something for them.
    In bards and Sorcerers they are persauding the weave itself with an innate talent or music.

Now in Neverwinter online, they don't necessarily follow 4th or 5th E's rules and each thing performs its own function. Int buffs control resistance, wisedom buffs outgoing healing. But the percentages are so tiny that the best advice is to play what ever race and class combo you have fun with.

If you want to do the halfiling barbarian go for it.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • nisma2nisma2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    you can do that but halfling have no strength. so you will make a very poor barbarian. fun but almost useless
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    nisma2 said:

you can do that but halfling have no strength. so you will make a very poor barbarian. fun but almost useless

What is the strength point difference between a halfling barbarian and a half-orc barbarian?
    2? 4?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***