test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Token of Flame needs clarification fast

derdrakonderdrakon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
Hi all,

before I start I want to say, that my information comes from the german version of the game. I don't know about the english version, but I really would like to read some opinions about this.

So, I read the available descriptions over and over again now and it is really confusing.
- The description for the event says, that, as soon as you reach the second level of the challange, you can do a bonus round to get up to 7 tokens of flame. That might be a typo? Maybe it should say "another brimstone" instead?
- Next. Once you reach the third challenge level, you get even more currency, and up to 7 tokens of flame. From this description you might assume, that the first has a typo. Or not? Who knows...
- Next. Very interesting! The shop says: You get tokens of flame from the bonus rounds, which you can do after the first 7 successes. Also: You can only do 7 bonus rounds during the event!

Does the last mean, that if you do the bonus rounds too early you get no tokens of flame at all?
Because if you do the bonus rounds now, and you really can only do 7 bonus rounds during the event, you will not be able to do any bonus rounds during challange level 3.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions about this.
Drakon

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I am reading the description of Hell Pit in game. This is what I am reading (the English version):

There are 21 days worth of challenges split into 3 tiers of difficulty. Every 7 days worth of success will increase the difficulty level and unlock bigger challenges.

Each day you beat the base challenge you will receive a token of Brimstone, the amount you can receive will increase depending on the difficulty tier.

When you have unlocked the second level of difficulty you will have a chance to earn an extra Token of Brimstone in the form of an optional bonus round.

Should you make it to the third tier of difficulty you can face the most difficult challenges earning more currency that can be used in the event store and up to to 7 Token of Frames. *** yes, there are 2 "to" in the text ***

Completing 14 daily challenges will get you a Token of Achievement which can be used to purchase some very valuable items.

So far, the game works as described. I assume the German version has a typo.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Yup,
    from day 1-7 you get 1 token of brimstone
    From day 8-14 you get 2 token of brimstone (1 from quest and 1 from bonus round)
    On day 14 you get 1 token of achievement
    From day 15-21 you get 2 token brimstone and 1 token of flames (1 brimstone and 1 flames from quest)
  • derdrakonderdrakon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Thank you so far!

That leaves the question about the maximum of 7 bonus rounds. This is important, because if this is true and you do them now, you cannot do them on days 15-21. And the shop says, the tokens of flame come from the bonus rounds.
    derdrakon said:

Thank you so far!

That leaves the question about the maximum of 7 bonus rounds. This is important, because if this is true and you do them now, you cannot do them on days 15-21. And the shop says, the tokens of flame come from the bonus rounds.

Where does the maximum of 7 bonus round come from?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

derdrakon said:

Thank you so far!

It's from the event merchant, the imp. You can ask him about tokens of flame, and he will tell you, that they come from the bonus rounds, and that you can only do 7 bonus rounds during the event. That would be absolutely not good...
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    What sucks is inability to repeat bonus round if you fail. One longer lag and your are out...
    edited November 2019
    derdrakon said:

derdrakon said:

Thank you so far!

It's from the event merchant, the imp. You can ask him about tokens of flame, and he will tell you, that they come from the bonus rounds, and that you can only do 7 bonus rounds during the event. That would be absolutely not good...
    I assume you refer to the "Soul Collector". The imp who stays flying and does not touch the ground, with a seal draw on the floor and surrounded by 6 candles.

In "2. Tell me about the Token of Flames", It only has the following text:

Token of Flames are acquired by completing the challenge rounds available after you have survived at least fourteen times.
    Token of Flames are a challenge currency that can be spent in the challenge store.

It does not mention "bonus round" or 7 times max.

I checked all text from "Soul Collector" including tool tips in the store tabs. I could not see there is any reference regarding 7 bonus rounds max. or even '7' or 'seven'.

derdrakon said:

derdrakon said:

Thank you so far!

I assume you refer to the "Soul Collector". The imp who stays flying and does not touch the ground, with a seal draw on the floor and surrounded by 6 candles.

In "2. Tell me about the Token of Flames", It only has the following text:

Token of Flames are acquired by completing the challenge rounds available after you have survived at least fourteen times.
    Token of Flames are a challenge currency that can be spent in the challenge store.

It does not mention "bonus round" or 7 times max.

I checked all text from "Soul Collector" including tool tips in the store tabs. I could not see there is any reference regarding 7 bonus rounds max. or even '7' or 'seven'.
    Thank you for copying the text here. It seems, that this part is also wrong in the german version. One can only wander what went wrong here, because this is not just a typo or a wrong translation. Maybe they really planed this event the way the german version describes it, then changed it, and forgot to update the german text. Well, we will never know, until they tell us, which they will not, but we will soon see what surprise awaits us on day 15...

Thanks again for your help!