test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Empowered runestones in defense slots

These state that they give HP when placed in defense spots on companion gear, but in fact give nothing. Is this something that is being looked at?

Comments

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    They give HP to non-augment companions only.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And it won't transfer said HP that is given to a non-augment companion to you through companion's gift.
  • dougonius#3032 dougonius Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Seems like a tool-tip update is in order.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    It's already in the tool tip for empowereds, it was pointed out to me a few days ago. It really needs to be fixed, cuz as it is empowered IMHO, are overpriced cuz all they're good for is stacking power for dpsers. They are totally worthless for anyone else that has to have gobs of defense slots in comp gear such as tanks...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

It's already in the tool tip for empowereds, it was pointed out to me a few days ago. It really needs to be fixed, cuz as it is empowered IMHO, are overpriced cuz all they're good for is stacking power for dpsers. They are totally worthless for anyone else that has to have gobs of defense slots in comp gear such as tanks...

I run all 8 classes and I don't find them worthless at all on other classes.

Healers can use power. I throw some power on my tank in my non-ToMM build because I don't need gobs of defensive stats for older content.

For endgame there are plenty of other defensive stats you can get from your comp gear defensive slots.

Making a blanket statement that empowereds are useless for other classes seems like a preference more than a fact.

Are they priced high compared to other runes? Yes. But that's because any class can utilize more power.

Are they limited in the fact that you can only use them for power? Sure. But if you're running ToMM, you're probably looking to cap some other things and are getting HP from numerous other sources. If not, you don't need that many HP anyway,

Now, I wouldn't complain if they transferred hit points either for my tanks. But these runestones have functioned the same way for a long time so it's not a surprise they don't transfer HP with bondings. They never did.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    My overall point, is that since they are worthless in defense slots(cuz no one runs anything other than an augment now), they are worthless(certainly when compared to a rune that actually has 2 useful stats).

I also acknowledged that power stacking was they're only real use. Doesn't make them worth more than the other runes IMHO...