test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade Bar market need adjustment

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
Either the prices on the legacy stuff should come down, or the stats/item level on the legacy stuff needs to come up.

Right now there are only two items being listed under 'current' for equipment: A main- and an off-hand artifact item that offer a 2-piece set bonus. Their starting item level is 803 and they sell for 80 bars each.

But opening the 'legacy' tab and you can find a lot more equipment. Armor and weapons.

There is another pair of main- and off-hand artifacts, for example, but these are only IL 523.
These items are not worth the same as the current items because they are not as good as the current items, yet the price is the same.

Armor?
The chest pieces all cost 80, the other three pieces all cost 65, but the ratings vary widely.
Assuming that a player that buys the PvP gear uses it only for PvP, the ratings run from 546 on the low side up to 644. You have six different sets with six different item levels in that range but they all cost the same.

So I just think that the stuff needs to be brought in line with whatever an appropriate IL for that level of gear is, and the process need to be adjusted according to the final result.

Level 70 stuff isn't worth as much as level 80 stuff. Want to make some of the gear level 60? Great, but that should cost even less than the level 70 gear.
I mean, there is a level 10 Cleric main-hand that has an IL of 42 selling for 65. That's insane. I can buy IL 251 or 323 main-hand level 60 stuff for a Cleric for the same 65 bars.

Now, why I would buy the IL 251 symbol when I could buy the IL 323 symbol for the same cost I do not know, but that is just another example of how screwed up these prices are.

Thanks.

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

That gear has been and is just for transmutes. Putting any serious thought into purchasing that gear for the sake of using it is a waste of time.

In the past, many, many mods ago, that stuff was just there for salvaging. No one is buying that gear to wear unless they want to waste trade bars for some reason.

What they need to do is update the entire trade bar catalog not waste their time upgrading gear that's outdated.

Which is all the more reason why the prices. or equipment needs adjusting.

"The old stuff is priced the same as the new stuff, but that's okay because it's just for transmutes" isn't a defense.

In this current incarnation of the game, where we can't even pick our own stats for fear of making a bad toon, leaving these bad options in the game is a bit of a mystery, no?

Any two things that cost the same should be comparable.
    Any two things that are not comparable should not cost the same.

That shouldn't be that hard to understand.

This isn't the auction house where players are setting their own process, this is the game telling players "this is worth what that is worth" when they are clearly not.

If they really just want those old things to exist as appearance options then strip the stats and make them nothing but appearance options.

If they are going to keep stats on them then they need to make the prices fit the stats or make the stats fit the prices.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Most of that stuff's so out of date it may as well be for another game.
    Browsing in there reminds me of one of those dingy old mom&pop stores where stuff still comes in tins with a layer of dust, and your change smells like a hundred years of cigarette smoke and mildew.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Yeah, Trade Bar Store (and many other in game vendors) are waaaaay out of date.
    Took only uses trade bars for Scrolls. Already have all the transmutes worth having from there.
    So an update would be welcome.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Which is all the more reason why the prices. or equipment needs adjusting.

"The old stuff is priced the same as the new stuff, but that's okay because it's just for transmutes" isn't a defense.

In this current incarnation of the game, where we can't even pick our own stats for fear of making a bad toon, leaving these bad options in the game is a bit of a mystery, no?

Any two things that cost the same should be comparable.
    Any two things that are not comparable should not cost the same.

That shouldn't be that hard to understand.

This isn't the auction house where players are setting their own process, this is the game telling players "this is worth what that is worth" when they are clearly not.

If they really just want those old things to exist as appearance options then strip the stats and make them nothing but appearance options.

If they are going to keep stats on them then they need to make the prices fit the stats or make the stats fit the prices.

Oh okay. Yes, let's do this your way.

Let's have the devs balance the stats on outdated gear. So it's all item level "no one cares cause it's garbage" and will have stats that are worse than any gear from the past few mods. Let's adjust the pricing so it reflects the stats however the devs want.
    - End result, still just a transmute.

ORRRRRR

Let's strip the stats! No stats, no confusion, prices unchanged.
    - End result, still just a transmute.

Still sounds like a colossal waste of time to me instead of spending the time reinvigorating the trade bar store with new items.

And I'm guessing that also shouldn't be hard to understand.

It's not hard to look at this gear and see that it is garbage. If a player can't see that then their stats are the least of the worries. It's not a mystery at all. It's time is money and this isn't worth the time or money to change.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Most of that stuff's so out of date it may as well be for another game.
    Browsing in there reminds me of one of those dingy old mom&pop stores where stuff still comes in tins with a layer of dust, and your change smells like a hundred years of cigarette smoke and mildew.

This. Basically put stuff in there which is useful, at a reasonable price.

You might get more people paying for VIP if the trade bars were actually worth having :anguished:
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

There is also the plan to remove the legacy gear completely and to add back in transmute versions of the items players want most into the fashion section of the store. If there are any items players want to see as the initial transmutes on there, feel free to mention them and we will see if we can tackle those.

So if we somehow still have legacy gear (Knight Captain, High Vizier, etc.)...

Will the items just be straight up deleted from our inventory?
    What will happen to any associated titles with that gear?
    What will happen to any pre-existing items in the Auction House?

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Frostwolf Pelt
    Greywolf Breastplate (there are three different versions: Cleric, Fighter, Barbarian, and at least two of them have different skins)
    Armor of Lolth
    Hat of the Pirate Host

Basically, any of the unique items that were available in CC, ToS, or GwD prior to Mod 6. Since those dungeons don't show up in their original form in Tales of Old, those items have remained unavailable.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • qwertyasdfguyqwertyasdfguy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    We need the Armor of Insanity and other items from the old Spellplague Caverns back!
    Some of the gear rewarded from certain leveling quests would be a wonderful addition.
    Those are really rare and extremely difficult to get because they're character bound on pickup and often class specific, so if you get an item that belongs to another class, there's nothing you can do with it except sell it for some silver or convert it for a few rp.

Which is a terrible shame because many times those pieces have a unique look. Every time I level a new character I come across something that I'd love to send over to another character, but can't.

but @noworries#8859 - thanks for sharing that information - always neat to see what's in the pipeline, and an updated Tradebar store is something I'll look forward to
  • bananitsabananitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    Armor of Insanity <3
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

There is also the plan to remove the legacy gear completely and to add back in transmute versions of the items players want most into the fashion section of the store. If there are any items players want to see as the initial transmutes on there, feel free to mention them and we will see if we can tackle those.

High Prophet Took
    High Vizier Took
    Knight Captain Took

No touchy Tookie's titles!
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • jaraxellejaraxelle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User

Back in 2014 there was a set for Ranger called "The Royal Guard" Set there was a specialized set for all the classes (i.e. the TR pvp set was the "Battlefield Skullker". I had to toss out (very regrettably) my Royal Guard set for space (we were only allowed 4 - 24 slot bags back then). I don't even have a screenshot of it anymore. :(

BLACK VANGUARD & RED VANGUARD
    - Leadership Team
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    rjc9000 said:

I can see how my wording could be taken that way. We aren't changing or removing the old gear from the game, simply removing it from the tradebar store and then adding back to the tradebar store transmute options for the pieces players still want the looks of. This should make it both a lot clearer on what those items are for and allow us to price them better as a fashion item then as a full fledged weapon.

The gear you have/visuals you've claimed into your fashion looks will still be available to you after these changes.
  • fisenfisfisenfis Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Any chance that other old weapons (Black Ice for an instance) could be added into the tradebar store as transmutes? Really miss some of those unique pieces and since the Black Ice profession no longer exist, it would be really cool if it was added back as transmutes.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    jaraxelle said:

Back in 2014 there was a set for Ranger called "The Royal Guard" Set there was a specialized set for all the classes (i.e. the TR pvp set was the "Battlefield Skullker". I had to toss out (very regrettably) my Royal Guard set for space (we were only allowed 4 - 24 slot bags back then). I don't even have a screenshot of it anymore. :(

The Gauntylgrym armor skins are available from Barovia. Blue versions should be on the AH.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I would love to see the sinister gleaming shield in the trade bar store as a transmute. I loved that shield and didn't realize i would never see it drop again in 4 years when i had to upgrade to a different shield.
    edited November 2019
    That reminds me - some of the old profession gear designs were nice too. I'd love to have access to some of them.
    There was one shield in particular that I always liked... I don't remember what it was called, but it came with a handle/arm strap which was awesome. I don't much like the floating shields.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

I want reroll tokens in the tradebar store, made this suggestion mock-up.

I personally don't need them because I pray on all my toons religiously and have for years.

But this is a great idea as I know many people are forced to run on different toons than they prefer to because their main is out of tokens.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

I want reroll tokens in the tradebar store, made this suggestion mock-up.

I would much rather see "skeleton keys" that open all the epic dungeon chests at a cost of 1 key for 5-10 trade bars. I really don't wanna run any AI content just to get a key for epic grey wolf, or epic tomb of the spider...
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Improving the Tradebar store is in the plans for M19...
    There will be straightforward changes such as increasing the ranks/types of enchantments available in the tradebar store, making all companions sold for tradebars purple, reducing costs of mounts, etc.

@noworries#8859

Glad to hear that a re-work is on the radar. I wouldn't even have a problem leaving a range of companion rarities - assuming that the prices were in line (i.e. uncommon cheaper than rare cheaper than epic).

That being said, some of the legacy armor still has a bit of value. In particular, the Frostborn gear is still useful for any toon grinding out the voninblood in SKT (I say as I finally start taking my rogue out to Bryn Shandar.... ;-) ) Just some food for thought.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Improving the Tradebar store is in the plans for M19 (I realize that feels quite a ways away given that M18 will just be showing up on preview soon, but that is how far ahead we work on most of the plans for the game).

There will be straightforward changes such as increasing the ranks/types of enchantments available in the tradebar store, making all companions sold for tradebars purple, reducing costs of mounts, etc.

The goal in the end is to make the selection of stuff, and the cost of those items, better in order to make it a more enjoyable store to work with.

As with everything else, especially that far ahead, anything could change at anytime including changes to the store potentially being held off for a release further down the road.

Thank you for the answer.

Looks like I wasn't so far off base with my idea after all.