test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What companions are most people using?

2»

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Augments require that the player do all the lifting. Running with an active, they actually help beyond just adding stats.

Here is the problem with that.
    Best put this where the developer's spies cannot see it...
    Are you kidding me? With Xuna on active duty, I can be busy fighting off one minion, I turn around, and she has not only slaughter all of the rest, she attack and killed another group over in the next field!

And that's why Xuna would never best that other nameless companion that they are saying is much better. :wink:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    It's all depends on the player / class / role / playstyle.

If a player deals 40k DPS, and Xuna deals about the same 40k, then the Xuna doubles the players damage.

If a players deals 400k, then the 40k from xuna is suddenly a bit less attractive, especially when the stats net higher increase in damage.

Also unfortunately, the AI can allow lazy mode for the player in 'open world' can make really bad choices in a dungeon, in terms of target picking and wondering off.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @merik1999 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Why do you think Bullet pup summoned is BiS?
    > have you used a Xuna? or do you really believe that having the highest stats matters? What are you basing this on? a website that told you this? if you can afford a Xuna or a Air Archon try them. solo a dungeon or area and see what goes faster. you and your companion or you and an augment.
    > I like the Xuna best but the Air Archon is very cheap and almost as good...very close. And I do more damage in group dungeons with them rather than the augment.

I base it off of what gives me maximum dps in TOMM. I am always top 3 DPS in TOMM no matter who is in my raid group and I run
    Bulette pup summoned for extra power buff,
    Deep crow, velociraptor, batiri,
    Splinters,
    Owlbear,
    Potent precision

This is based on 100+ TOMM runs and just as many ACT tests =P. Only thing I'm missing is alpha compy because I don't have enough AD.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

> @merik1999 said:

> (Quote)

This is based on 100+ TOMM runs and just as many ACT tests =P. Only thing I'm missing is alpha compy because I don't have enough AD.

thats cool. but what all companions have you tested in TOMM? I have not run TOMM so my tests were run in LOMM I actually found that I did more damage using air archon or Xuna rather than using Bullet Pup and Quasit. and if AD is a concern then Air Archon is the better choice... But When broken down to fighting mobs or fighting just a single boss, an augment is only better when fighting a single boss...

• killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

> @merik1999 said:

> (Quote)

thats cool. but what all companions have you tested in TOMM? I have not run TOMM so my tests were run in LOMM I actually found that I did more damage using air archon or Xuna rather than using Bullet Pup and Quasit. and if AD is a concern then Air Archon is the better choice... But When broken down to fighting mobs or fighting just a single boss, an augment is only better when fighting a single boss...

It also depends on what gear you are using. Right now BiS is a mixture of old pieces (example ebony chest piece, primal arms) etc. for maximum power which gives maximum damage. If Xuna is doing enough damage to increase your dps, your simply not geared correctly.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Here is the problem with that.

Best put this where the developer's spies cannot see it...
    Are you kidding me? With Xuna on active duty, I can be busy fighting off one minion, I turn around, and she has not only slaughter all of the rest, she attack and killed another group over in the next field!

And that's why Xuna would never best that other nameless companion that they are saying is much better. :wink:
    I recall a fairly recent thread about The Shard of Night and how terrible the shadows are to encounter in there. I was doing RD for Sybella the other day. In my wanderings I managed to get a key for the Shard, so I decided to go in. Yep, shadows are nasty, but thing is, none of them killed me. As soon as I got grabbed my companion deaded them.

And the moral of the story is: don't solo with an augment or you can die.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.