test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UM companion equipment vendor.

peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
After months of grinding Expeditions on 2 characters i finally decided to write up a post here...

Im sure most players met with this, you run expeditions and turn in currency to ZOK vendor hoping for that or the other companion equip piece and all you get is something you either dont want or you got it 5 times already.
The stardock campaign box unfortunately only grants the 12k stat comp gears so we are left with the need to grind MEs/WEs for ever, possibly until another source of companion gear appears.

If this is just an attemt at prolonging the contents lifespan its utterly unpleasant and unenjoyable, but if its an overlooked deficiency of rewarding system, then i think its time we get an UM companion equipment vendor. Implementation could be very simple, the companion gear you have could be changed into a currency which would be used to buy any of the companion equips. This way you still have to run Expeditions, but you get an actual sense of progression, knowing that in the end you will get what you farm for.

Thoughts?

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    It is most certainly a design decision to prolong the content (and prolonging this content is deeply necessary because there is nothing in mod 16/17 really).

No different than the hunt system to chase for % gear or rings.

No different than posters in Barovia for gear drops.

No different than watcher runs for weapons or expeditions for alabaster weapon drops.

I'm always a fan of some kind of turn-in mechanic in any of these grinds. But there should still be some grind to it so I like your idea.

• oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Not everything should be in a vendor.

Grind it out like the rest of us did and deal with it.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User

But I don't want to camp the FBSS for another 36 hours straight!!! ...... I'm sorry, was having an EQ flashback from years ago.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

You left off the "and get off my lawn already you damn kids"
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I stopped grinding expeditions of any type a long time ago. Not enough ad to justify running solo(I more often than not, got the best rewards when running solo), and waiting for a group takes too long. I have all the gear I need(for now) for all of alts, and then some. And I've only run 2 toons thru the campaigns, so that only 6 mes per day...

I agree though, after a certain point we should just be able to choose the specific piece we want/need, I have alts to finish campaigns on and since time gating hasn't been removed from the old campaigns yet... Certain stats are much harder to cap(even with comp gear) than others.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

After months of grinding Expeditions on 2 characters i finally decided to write up a post here...

Im sure most players met with this, you run expeditions and turn in currency to ZOK vendor hoping for that or the other companion equip piece and all you get is something you either dont want or you got it 5 times already.
    The stardock campaign box unfortunately only grants the 12k stat comp gears so we are left with the need to grind MEs/WEs for ever, possibly until another source of companion gear appears.

If this is just an attemt at prolonging the contents lifespan its utterly unpleasant and unenjoyable, but if its an overlooked deficiency of rewarding system, then i think its time we get an UM companion equipment vendor. Implementation could be very simple, the companion gear you have could be changed into a currency which would be used to buy any of the companion equips. This way you still have to run Expeditions, but you get an actual sense of progression, knowing that in the end you will get what you farm for.

Thoughts?

We had that before. If I remember correctly. that was the reward of the Demogorgan. The hunt was a pair main hand and off hand. They could be a random drop or buy with 12 currency (one for each success of big Demogorgan run). Demogorgan run was not a laugh long time ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    After months of expeditions you will have a few options already.
    Min-Max with your best options. It will be all shot to hell next mod anyways.
    - bye bye -
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    As of February 2020, there is still the same problem. There are 5 characters in the expedition (a total of 15 visits every day), and I still haven't received the equipment I need for a companion. It looks like some kind of mockery. And after all, there are no analogues of this equipment and I can not exchange, for example, several 1010 level items for 1 specific one.