test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chase camera shaking

kurdain1kurdain1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
TICKET #44964

I've been in contact with support several times about this issue and it hasn't yet been resolved and they suggested I reach out to the forums to see if anyone else has had the issue.

Basically whenever I move the chase camera shakes violently until I stop. It happens anywhere on a whim and is getting worse and worse. Even using seethe on my fighter will trigger the shaking as long as I continue the animation.

I originally thought it was tied to my fighters run speed buff but now I do not think so.

Here is a video of the issue, it is MUCH worse now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-qGsCmCsRpi2YzGRkH-ZUD2YW0YmtUoA/view?usp=sharing

Drivers are up to date.
Computer is more than adequate (i7, 16 GB ram, 1080FTW).
I am on Steam if it matters.

Resetting FOV with /gfxSetDefaultFOV does not help.
I've tried setting values for /gfxSetDefaultFOV from 25 to 100 without luck.
Updating drivers did not help.
Forcing a file verify on launch did not help.
Completely uninstalling and wiping the game and reinstalling from scratch did not help.
I've tried every graphic preset from lowest to highest, does not help.
I've fiddled with post processing, FXAA, V-Sync, etc. with no success.
Zooming the camera closer or farther does not help.
Turning off screen shake does not help (it isn't an effect, it's a bug of some sort).
It *seems* worse on my lvl80 fighter than on my low level ranger.
It *seemed* to get worse over time and over levels.

Not sure what else to do w/o some technical support but it physically makes me ill after a little while. Kind of a waste of a VIP sub.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• modestmouse75modestmouse75 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Thank goodness I am not the only one. Yes, I have turned off my shake in the options yet when i run Warlock the whole screen does that and it is annoying!!
    SW:Mouse
    OP:MisfitMouse
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    kurdain1 said:

TICKET #44964

I've been in contact with support several times about this issue and it hasn't yet been resolved and they suggested I reach out to the forums to see if anyone else has had the issue.

Basically whenever I move the chase camera shakes violently until I stop. It happens anywhere on a whim and is getting worse and worse. Even using seethe on my fighter will trigger the shaking as long as I continue the animation.

I originally thought it was tied to my fighters run speed buff but now I do not think so.

Here is a video of the issue, it is MUCH worse now.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-qGsCmCsRpi2YzGRkH-ZUD2YW0YmtUoA/view?usp=sharing

Drivers are up to date.
    Computer is more than adequate (i7, 16 GB ram, 1080FTW).
    I am on Steam if it matters.

Resetting FOV with /gfxSetDefaultFOV does not help.
    I've tried setting values for /gfxSetDefaultFOV from 25 to 100 without luck.
    Updating drivers did not help.
    Forcing a file verify on launch did not help.
    Completely uninstalling and wiping the game and reinstalling from scratch did not help.
    I've tried every graphic preset from lowest to highest, does not help.
    I've fiddled with post processing, FXAA, V-Sync, etc. with no success.
    Zooming the camera closer or farther does not help.
    Turning off screen shake does not help (it isn't an effect, it's a bug of some sort).
    It *seems* worse on my lvl80 fighter than on my low level ranger.
    It *seemed* to get worse over time and over levels.

Not sure what else to do w/o some technical support but it physically makes me ill after a little while. Kind of a waste of a VIP sub.

Ideas?

Thanks.

What is the graphic card? What is the OS?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I doubt that has anything to do with your PC or hardware. I would check the mouse sensitivity settings, it looks like the zoom scroll is bugged.

Do you have any custom key binds, alias commands, etc.? Check those too.

The launcher, under options, check mark the box "Safe Mode" and try it there first. If you can't find the "Safe Mode" option, just browse into the game folder .. Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/localdata and either rename, move, or trash Gameprefs.Pref file. The program will run in a windowed mode and reset to defaults. If this effect is still happening in Safe Mode, I would bug a developer about it.

That sure is a strange effect.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I play on ps4 and I have the same problem on my warlock,I'm pretty sure its a software problem not a hardware problem. I think there's a thread up on console forums somewhere. I usually have to go into a menu to get it to stop.
  • kurdain1kurdain1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    WIN10
    1080FTW (Nvidia!)

It does it with or without custom binds. It does it on a 100% stock install.
    The only custom binds I have is mouse 5 to use and mouse 4 to mount, that's it.

Have not tried the safe mode. I have been bugging ARC about it, they closed the ticket as resolved. :/
    I bugged them again today and as of a bit ago they reopened the ticket.

Mousewheel and everything works fine in every other application or game so I don't feel it's the mouse.
    If it was why does relogging help?

Glad I am not alone....hopefully someone has a solution.

Thanks.
    edited November 2019
    kurdain1 said:

WIN10
    1080FTW (Nvidia!)

It does it with or without custom binds. It does it on a 100% stock install.
    The only custom binds I have is mouse 5 to use and mouse 4 to mount, that's it.

Have not tried the safe mode. I have been bugging ARC about it, they closed the ticket as resolved. :/
    I bugged them again today and as of a bit ago they reopened the ticket.

Mousewheel and everything works fine in every other application or game so I don't feel it's the mouse.
    If it was why does relogging help?

Glad I am not alone....hopefully someone has a solution.

Thanks.

This is not going to help you much but more or less FYI.
    My PC is running windows 10 with Nvidia GTX 1080.
    The desktop system was configured last week (after my gaming laptop died in that morning).
    I did all the Windows update that day and installed the Nvidia driver. The system was purchased 2 Christmas ago and I opened the box last week. :(
    Neverwinter was freshly installed right after that.
    I don't have the problem you mentioned.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Try cleaning the mouse "feet" - the four bits which touch your desk/mousemat.

Try a different mouse.

I used to have a similar problem and I changed mouse and it was all fine.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    This issue plagues my fighter too and i'm on xbox so this is most likely not an isolated graphics card issue.

I only experience this issue on my fighter and all my buddies with a fighter experience the same issue. It only happens when we start to get our momentum speed boost and only in certain locations (definitely notice this in undermountain locations the most).
    edited November 2019

This issue plagues my fighter too and i'm on xbox so this is most likely not an isolated graphics card issue.

I only experience this issue on my fighter and all my buddies with a fighter experience the same issue. It only happens when we start to get our momentum speed boost and only in certain locations (definitely notice this in undermountain locations the most).

Fighter theory makes sense because I don't play fighter, I never see the issue and I have similar OS/hardware environment comparing with OP.
  • modestmouse75modestmouse75 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I personally have Win 10 64 bit with GeForece GTX 10060 3 GB, a basic mouse, which i have cleaned kept clean and fresh batteries. My graphics recently updated and still does this. For me this is something fairly new.
    SW:Mouse
    OP:MisfitMouse
    Just for the hack of it, I send my alt Fighter to Apprentice Row (where OP's video was made). I could not reproduce OP's problem. May be my Fighter does not have the right buff, skill, boon and/or gear.
    @plasticbat

Did you have momentum feat on? I don't know if it's available to both paths or just DPS path.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I get this too, i play all 8 classes regularly in exactly the same content and the only one it happens on is my Fighter, really irritating.
    edited November 2019

@plasticbat

Did you have momentum feat on? I don't know if it's available to both paths or just DPS path.

Although my alt fighter is level 80, he has nothing. He has no paragon or any feat at all. :)
    Wait! I actually have another fighter who may have some feats. I will check again.
    It is definitely not my mouse, this is the only game and application this occurs in. Mouse wheel zooming in and out is smooth and as expected. If it was a hardware issue I would suspect it would surface in other apps/games.

I unslotted both the 20% run boost, momentum IIRC, and the other skill that gives a 10% boost when stamina is full. The problem sort of went away, however it would surface with a vengeance when seething. Camera was having a total fit.

I played my ranger a bit and did not have this issue at all.

Weird thing is I tried to record the issue during seething and as soon as I enabled recording it stopped. I have no idea if it's related or if it just happened to start behaving at that moment.

I plan to investigate further.

It'd be REALLY nice if ARC would chime in as they have again closed my ticket as 'resolved' but did admit in the body of the ticket that things like this take time and additional investigation. :(

Thanks,
    It wasn't related. Tried toggling recording off and on later and it made no difference.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @kurdain1! (and others who chimed in!). I'll escalate this report for investigation.

Hi @kurdain1! (and others who chimed in!). I'll escalate this report for investigation.

@nitocris83

I want to say I noticed this started happening awhile back after a patch that removed the momentum graphic effect from mounts.
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Im pretty sure that movement speed influences this. Both GF move features contain a variable buff, one is dependant on stamina and other on time youve been running.
    Try switching out Momentum, and see, you can also remove Greater Endurance, but mOmentum seems to be worse - provides biger buff.
    edited December 2019
    @nitocris83
    Thank you. Everyday I play it is like this for hours, I either put up with it or log out and back in constantly.

I have 2 new videos.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S9NMBO6qOGvfkQmS35r4oGx4hLZfGSHA/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1fCJRZIMbyJrIpwy3fgOsbtQqzNW3Ax/view?usp=sharing

I have others but the file sizes are large and I am terrible at video editing so I don't even try.

@peregr1nus
    It is certainly tied to momentum. Unslotting this skill resolves the issue but you also lose the run speed and the damage buff it affords, which isn't good as it hits pretty hard.

Thank you.
    @nitocris83
    I certainly hope this gets resolved soon as whenever I play it is like this for hours. Only quitting the game and coming back resolves it, very disruptive.

I have new videos, 2 of which I posted here, the others are huge and I am terrible at editing.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S9NMBO6qOGvfkQmS35r4oGx4hLZfGSHA/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1fCJRZIMbyJrIpwy3fgOsbtQqzNW3Ax/view?usp=sharing

@peregr1nus
    It is certainly linked to the speed buff Momentum affords, but what is not clear is it the buff itself or if the resulting speed increase is the issue. Unslotting the skill solves the issue but that is a pretty big damage hit on the Charge skill and IMHO unacceptable.

(This is the 4th time I've posted this as 'Arc Defender' keep logging me out and forcing me to enter PIN #'s it e-mails to me).
    I should clarify...the issue while MOVING is linked to Momentum (or seems to be), there is still the random issue when you use seethe the same camera issue arises.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for updated videos! Issue was escalated last week and is being investigated.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I have noticed this on Xbox One X with my Warlock, whenever I enter shadow slip chase camera shakes. It is the only time it happens for me. All other toons are unaffected, and it only happens only my lock when I enter shadow slip. I have blazing fast internet and the Xbox is hardwired directly to the internet router.
    @nitocris83
    I have probably another dozen videos of varying length if it helps any...just not enough room on my drive to post them all.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    They pushed a patch on PC that targets something pretty close to the description of your problem. I wish you it works, personally I cannot test it as my encounters with this issue has always been rather erratic.
    Yeah it does not appear to have helped. It was extremely bad, like always, last night. Couldn't even manage a full ME run before it kicks in.
    Hey folks! We pushed one fix but it seems there are other conditions that are causing this issue. We are working on chasing those down.

On a personal note, I've experienced it during the Twilight Run event.
    Thank you for the update and unfortunately nothing has changed for me.

If there is anything I can do to submit video or test fixes for you I would be happy to help. With the holidays off and trying to play more than I should...the shaking gives me splitting headaches after a short while and relogging constantly isn't what I want to be doing.

Take care and Merry Christmas!