test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Event [11/21-12/12]

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I kind-of expect we will get the other events in the series every 3 months or so (so, Feb, May, Aug, Nov) - meaning that people can earn the mount a year from now.

Then of course, mod 19 might perhaps introduce Mythic mounts, making the current Legendary mounts (including the main event reward) somewhat less relevant and not really worth the effort - somehow that wouldn't surprise me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • fionamadgerefionamadgere Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Does the fact, that it it was deleted from text - a sentence, that claimed developers will investigate from Monday, how to compensate situation for player, who already was affected by confirmed bug, - that there is no compensation or fix in plans anymore?
  • christ#4282 christ Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    can't buy the buy out from zen store, perhaps the price is affected by the black friday...
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I whole year to get a legendary mount. That's actually not bad some people have played this game for years and yet to receive a legendary mount from a lockbox.

I will second that the event is boring. It is even more boring when you spend about 4 and half minutes using at wills, because your encounters are on 20 to 30 second cooldowns and you can only use 3, unless you are a Ranger.

The rewards are nice. But I see Cryptic is still being Cryptic and capping yet another event. Why not just let us play the event instead of limiting how much your company feels we should play it.

Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Today I took the quest for Hell Pit, and then immediately went into two TONG runs, and when I came back out, the portal to hell was closed, and the guy says I can't take the quest until tomorrow. :( So I auto failed? That is not really cool.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Swiftness of the flames (speed buff the demons sometimes throw you) either does not work at all, or is far too small a buff to be of any use. I couldn't really tell a difference to move speed before and after the buff.

The buff is so small that you won't be able to notice.
    My character has +38.5% movement normally.
    When it goes into the pit and in the intermission (not fighting), he has +32%.
    After the fight starts, 1 or 2 seconds later, he has +22%.
    When he activates Swiftness of the flames, he gets +27%.
    So, the buff is +5% of the base movement. 5/122 = +4%.
    One needs to be very good observer to notice 4% movement difference.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Today was my day for the new difficulty. I got to the bonus round and 10 seconds into it I got server not responding and kicked from the game. When I got back in I was dead and no way to do the bonus round. My internet was still working at the time of this server not responding business. Please fix it.
  • solanaceae#5995 solanaceae Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I did the event normally on day 1, then bought out on day 2. However, I am now at 21 victories, meaning I was only able to get 6 tokens of flames and cannot get my 7th.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    I also can't take the task and enter the arena. Like most guild members, several people could normally do this quest.
  • christ#4282 christ Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    cant get any quest from yesterday and today.... i bought the "buy out" already... missing some of 'token of flame' thats pretty badddddddd
  • nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Every 14 days were to win 1 [Token of Achievement], I completed 28 days and I didn't win the second...
    Post edited by nninjannoob#2956 on
    Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

• mikiliamikilia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Yesterday at 12:33
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you're no longer able to do the daily quest in the Hell Pit event due to purchasing the event buyout. I regret to inform you that we can no longer affect the changes made on your character when you purchased this buyout due to technical limitations. As Game Masters, we do not have direct control or influence in game design as that is the area of expertise of our development team. I'd be glad to take your feedback and pass it along to our development team for review though. Additionally, we recommend posting the issue you encountered in the game forum, as this would be a good topic to discuss with the moderation, development, and community teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Regards,
    GM Iora
    Game Master

mikilia
    Yesterday at 12:12
    Hello,
    Since I purchase the event pkg on PC Neverwinter I am no longer able to do the event. What about the Token of Flame challenges. If this is the way it is intended I would have not purchase the package. Or am I bugged?
    Post edited by mikilia on
    mikilia said:

I half to say, I am disappointed with my purchase of the Hell Pit event package. Since I have purchase it, I am unable to go back into it to do the challenges to at less try to get some Token of Flames. What is with that????? Am I bugged or is it design like this? Also I received only 1 token for 21 days.

As far as I know, nobody has token of flames yet.

Based on the description, the Hell Pit Full Buyout gives you: 14 victories, 21 tokens of brimstone and 1 token of achievement.

I guess you can get in to do the event after 14 days.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    I also bought the pack on the 2nd. So now I have 21 days completed. So I can't do bonus rounds or get to fight Wilfred. Will we be able able to after 14 days has passed?
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    same, bought the buyout, now on day 21 and no quests. So what's the point of the buyout if you can't get rewards. It certainly wasn't worth it if there is a reward cap for the event. Did @nitocris83 just steal my ZEN???

Also I only got 5 Tokens of Flame, grrrrrr, please fix
  • bilosta#2909 bilosta Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Same in here. Bought pack on third day and I'm not getting quests. Wth?? I feel somehow fooled..
  • lauresselauresse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here. I am on day 21 and have only 2 tokens of flames. Can we give this back and get refund? I'd rather go through the event from start to finish than pay get such "bonuses"... Does feel a bit like wasted money.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Maybe I am wrong, but wasnt the Zen purchase a way to avoid grind the event? so you get the rewards like if you did the 21 runs each day....

I feel like people wanted to purchase the event in zen store and then farm it so they get double rewards? Maybe its me but I didnt understand that could be doable when I saw the zen item text.

That could explain also why people that purchased the event in the 4th day for example (they could farm already 3 tokens) are receiving less rewards to not get more than 21 day rewards...

I dont know exactly what is happening just my thougts
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • kendoratkendorat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Sadly, same here. Day 21, 1 token of flames. Is refund possible?
  • bilosta#2909 bilosta Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Maybe I am wrong, but wasnt the Zen purchase a way to avoid grind the event? so you get the rewards like if you did the 21 runs each day....

I feel like people wanted to purchase the event in zen store and then farm it so they get double rewards? Maybe its me but I didnt understand that could be doable when I saw the zen item text.

That could explain also why people that purchased the event in the 4th day for example (they could farm already 3 tokens) are receiving less rewards to not get more than 21 day rewards...

If that so - than ALL ppl who has bought should get same amount of tokens, right? But that's not the case: some ppl got 2 tokens, some 5, some 4..
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

If that so - than ALL ppl who has bought should get same amount of tokens, right? But that's not the case: some ppl got 2 tokens, some 5, some 4..
    No, if im correct, if someone buys at day 3 should receibe less tokens that someone that buy at day 2. Even if that guy didndt farm the event in day 2 and 1.

But yes, something weird is here, I hope the team clarifies soon. Maybe is a mix of a bug and bad wording or interpretation
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mikiliamikilia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    nvm
    Post edited by mikilia on
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    r000kie said:

You catered to the minority crowd asking for harder content and today the Hell Pit is undoable for me. WAY too many mobs spawning incessantly and unavoidable red areas everywhere. I did not touched Tales of Old because I saw the content is not for me and PUG groups are insufferable at that level.

Good riddance, yet another poorly thought event.

Week two, day two with my rogue heal-bot and I just gave up. Far Far FAR too much CC in the bonus round I can't even get in an attack in while bouncing off the walls. I may continue to do the daily quest, but honestly this just seems like another event to give the players from launch something to do. Oh and just a FYI 95% of the content is trivial with my build, but I'm sorry a year of this HAMSTER and the legendary is not worth it. The regular hell pit (week two) isn't to bad with a good build and a few health stones, but even then the third week will be skipped by me also.

Learn to scale better and maybe we will talk. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but if I cannot even get up off the ground in the bonus round it becomes less a challenge and more like torture!
    edited November 2019
    21K Barbarian. It was easy until round 4. After that, It was not easy but it was not super hard neither. I saw much worse in the past. Use 10 VIP health potions for 4th to 6th rounds. Probably, knocked down 3, 4 times in total for 6 rounds. Never in danger to death.

I expect my 20k to 21K, Rogue, Ranger and Paladin can handle it.
    My 20 to 21k Warlock may.
    My 20 to 21k Clergy may not.
    However, I could not try them. :(
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    So one bug to report has to do with the bonus round. I waited about 20 seconds to regen my health after round 5 today. After reading the book and accepting the bonus round, the round proceeded to start with 1:38 on the clock. Yesterday, not needing to regen health after the 5th round I immediately went into the bonus round and there was a full 2 minutes on the clock. IDK if this was a fluke for today or if you can skip much of the bonus round on every day, but it definitely doesn't feel correct.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    It all depends what extra mobs you get from round 4 onwards, there are clearly some which can chain cc you into oblivion.
    edited November 2019
    r000kie said:

My 23k Barbarian did not fare that well. Problems also started round 4 and spent too many health stones for my liking, without success.

Use your daily ((Avalanche of steel) that jump above to give you a few seconds and a few seconds when you land (that stun most).
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

Many people did not buy the buyout to avoid farming the event. We did it to expedite access to week 3 content and rewards. It was clear to me that I was buying 14 days of progression, it was not clear that there was a cap at 21 days. In my mind and with the information available at the time, this is no different than buy any other event pack where we are effectively buying increased event rewards. Also note that with the buyout you are still required to farm 7 days of content to get the max rewards, so you are not buying out of the event which is why it wasn't until day 8 that people figured out that there was a 21 day cap (its also why some people who finished day 21 did not cap their rewards or get as many rewards as possible if they did not purchase the buyout on day 1, because the 7 days played was not rewarded at the maximum reward tier).

The format of the event certainly wasn't clear and perhaps was even worse compounded by seeing videos from Rainer where he continued to receive rewards after the buyout (this is not a shot at rainer btw, its just an explanation of what may have led to the participation in the buyout). The buyout wasn't even advertised, I didn't even realize it was a thing until i saw it on youtube.

21K Barbarian. It was easy until round 4. After that, It was not easy but it was not super hard neither. I saw much worse in the past. Use 10 VIP health potions for 4th to 6th rounds. Probably, knocked down 3, 4 times in total for 6 rounds. Never in danger to death.

I expect my 20k to 21K, Rogue, Ranger and Paladin can handle it.
    My 20 to 21k Warlock may.
    My 20 to 21k Clergy may not.
    However, I could not try them. :(

I think for anyone, the ilvl of a character is basically irrelevant as it relates to Hell Pit. People need to see what the after scaling numbers are to really understand if its an issue with the character or not. Most characters that are built for TOMM should be fine in Hell Pit because they are overstacked on stats and the scaling isn't such a bother. But if someone is running a 21-23k dps with 150k power, they are probably very low on defensive stats and armor pen (the ilvl is not really the point but the stat balancing certainly matters). A DPS character should be able to clear mobs quickly reducing the amount of damage incoming vs a tank or healer having more defensive capability allowing them to last longer while they tickle down the mobs.

Either way, if someone is having issues in Hell Pit, i'd start by evaluating the stats (defensive and offensive) and switching mount bonuses to favor increased survive-ability instead of maximizing DPS. ex. Barbarians Delight/Revelry and Oppressors Reprieve

Many people use these in Tales of Old since staying alive is priority #1, and you are trying to make sure you can keep up until the cooldown on pots passs