test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please fix Gate Crashers before this CTA is over - edit: too late! arggggh

frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
edited November 2019 in PvE Discussion
Devs I'm begging you - begging you.

Each run takes about ten minutes. They ought to take a third of that.
The lengthy wait between waves and between mobs in each wave is padding this event out by a large amount.
I don't know if it's buggy or working as intended, but there's just way too much downtime.

Doing the math, at this rate it will take me 11 hours, 40 minutes to get the last of the tokens I need - when it probably should not take any more than 4 hours.

Please - a patch, or a postponement while a patch is made - whatever it takes, please trim the length of this skirmish.

Edit: That's 11 hours, 40 minutes a day, btw - a DAY.
34 hours, 20 minutes all told to get three more tokens for 7 characters.
That's ludicrous.
Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on

Comments

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    I have to admit, I normally like the pace of these things to be a tiny bit slower but this seems too long. There is also something off with the scaling. High level players are one shotting everything even the boss at the end.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    It's the last cta I need to get everyone's off hand weapon, but I'm not sure I can physically and mentally do it.
    - finished one character so far, and that took me nearly two hours.
  • Options
    Out of those 2 hours -
    1 hour, 19 minutes was spent literally standing there waiting.
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    gate crashers can only finish in 8 to 10 mins no matter how high a group gear score is due to the mob's spawn rate of slow so 10 runs is over 80 - 100 mins. it's astoundingly bad and it should be reduced to 5 run max to obtain a token.

I see that tales of old's grand retelling lets you buy chapters and tokens for it's finale. So for this final cta of the season, why isn't set up that you could obtain 2 tokens a day? 1 at 5 and 1 at 10 runs respectively.

CTAs are supposed to be fast and 10 runs should take no longer than 50 mins tops per character.

I just ran 4 characters and it took 7 hours to finish that. I have 4 more to do and I have a relative that can't even get their 12 characters done due to it would take 21 hours to run that many 3 days straight.

How about making the tokens available now along with lower it from 10 to 5 devs?

You got the scaling right but missed the length. Gate crashers IS NOT suitable for cta seasons. defend the temple should have been in it or straight to helm.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    The first wave lasts about 1 minute, 30 seconds, and it seems just about right. The first group of mobs in particular is perfect. They enter quickly and through all four breaches. The wait time between mobs is long, though.

The second wave lasts about 2 minutes, 30 seconds, and is a bit more off. Sometimes you get several mobs entering from different directions, but they don't use all the entrances like they did before. The long wait time between mobs becomes really noticeable.

The final wave lasts just over 4 minutes, and doesn't seem to be working correctly at all. You only get one mob at a time, and that long wait time between mobs really drags things out.

The wait time between mobs is a pain, but I think what's really buggy is that mobs start arriving one at a time, and in some cases, it's not even a mob just a lone nothic brute. If each wave behaved like the first, this skirmish would take just under five minutes which is still a bit long, really - considering how many we have to run for a token.
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • Options
    Just a sample of what this event's like so the devs see what we're talking about:
    https://youtu.be/GoWTWDS_ppE
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The event sucks. CTA should never have required 10 runs per day anyway.

This CTA just magnifies the issue even more then past events.

I was going to run it on 2 toons but after day 1 I said f that.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Got just one left I'm ashamed to say - should have just skipped it out of principle, but...
    Anyway, toward the end, I landed in a match with three leeches who obviously thought the new guy and I were going to carry them- pffft ha ha ha... yeah. So I private queued during the leaver penalty and found that it was a really pleasant experience solo.

If ever there was a cta that was designed for solo play, this is it. Someone mentioned this months ago, and he/she was right.
    Still disgustingly long, but it's not much longer than queuing for it - probably breaks even since there's no wait, and instead of a handful of medallions each match, you walk away with hundreds, and a good bit of loot that sells ok on the AH.

So thanks devs for the great job scaling and for making it solo friendly.
    No thanks devs for the absolutely horrific grind. This is up there with grinding for an elemental evil weapon without a wand.