test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Difficulty?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Simply put how was it for you?

So this was day 1 of 21 and as each day goes by my understanding is it will get harder.

Day One - Barbarian - iL about 23k - it seemed pretty easy, used a couple of healing potions, probably due to laziness.

I am hoping they don't ramp it up too much by day 21!

Comments

• oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Should get harder after 7 and 14 completions from what i understand, my guess is after 7 we get SH level enemies ( silver HP bars ) and after 14 we get dungeon level enemies ( dragon head yellow HP bars ). Considering the low IL requirement and the fact it is a solo event I don't expect maximum difficulty to be any higher than that of 1 rune ME's.

Current difficulty - afk for 1 minute -> press AoE attack -> afk for 1 minute -> press AoE attack -> wait 15 seconds for next round.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Simply put how was it for you?

So this was day 1 of 21 and as each day goes by my understanding is it will get harder.

Day One - Barbarian - iL about 23k - it seemed pretty easy, used a couple of healing potions, probably due to laziness.

I am hoping they don't ramp it up too much by day 21!

It is scale to item level 20K.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Today's difficulty seemed the same as yesterdays, so there doesnt seem to be a day by day ramp up, that will probably come with the next tier after 7 days completed. As for difficulty, at this point for me there is none. No pots needed, the power ups seemed sufficient if i got a little lazy or slow. End-game barbarian as my character for this.
    Based on my observation last night, any class that can get in can finish this level easily. I used a barbarian but I imagine a rogue would be the easiest. Just do Path of blade and stand there should do it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Day Two - Maybe I imagined it or was even lazier but it seemed harder to me. Probably should have done it on my Fighter with a Xuna Companion as she would wipe the floor with these mobs!
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    i found todays easier as there didn't seem to be many archer mobs so they all came to me. But yeah as a rogue right now its pop Path of blades and maybe use smoke or stealthed BF when i feel like it.
  • xhoboshxhobosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Day Two - Maybe I imagined it or was even lazier but it seemed harder to me. Probably should have done it on my Fighter with a Xuna Companion as she would wipe the floor with these mobs!

It seemed harder to me as well. Or at least more hectic.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    A powrie with Bloodtheft is cause for concern -- even in Hell.

screenshot-2019-11-22-21-56-44
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • shrineerune#9386 shrineerune Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm a pretty mediocre player, but a consistent one that enjoys the game a lot. I almost always solo. I've passed the Hell Pit every day so far on my first try, but I had to hustle and pay attention. I used potions.
    At any rate, I found Hell Pit to be a challenge but not an overwhelming one so far. I like this starting place. I'm also motivated to improve my playstyle and gear, as this event is giving me some feedback about my weaknesses (without the vulnerability of having witnesses) and also some motivational prizes over time. (Although, I will say that it was a bummer to sort out that the Legendary mount wasn't going to be available through play alone if I did every day of this event this time. I'd misunderstood, and thought it would be after the initial announcement.)
    I love that this event is a thing though. I like that it doesn't take much time. I like that the experience of it will change as it goes along. I also like the little touches and bits of humor. I like the voice acting and the character models.
    I would say that there is a bit of an issue with some companions getting stuck behind the gate though. I did have to dismiss and summon my companion in order to make sure that they made it into the arena last time. I was using a deep crow hatchling.
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I felt that today was slighty more frenetic with more enemies than yesterday but it could just be my imagination.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Everyone is saying, "This is too easy." I am using my wizard at IL 18K and I am having little issue at the moment. However this is day 3 and I can't wait for day 7 and 14 to hit with the Pit Bosses and everyone start crying about how hard it has become. I keep hearing this from players of Neverwinter; "It is too soft! Waah!" or "This is too hard! Waah!" I never hear "Hey this is fun!" but that is what I will say, Hey this is fun! :grin:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    At 16 days done, It's hardly much harder, but I'm a maxed out paladin. It is a few steps "harder" than day one. You get 2 waves, with a boss with mobs on wave 2.
    Post edited by aragon#8379 on

Everyone is saying, "This is too easy." I am using my wizard at IL 18K and I am having little issue at the moment. However this is day 3 and I can't wait for day 7 and 14 to hit with the Pit Bosses and everyone start crying about how hard it has become. I keep hearing this from players of Neverwinter; "It is too soft! Waah!" or "This is too hard! Waah!" I never hear "Hey this is fun!" but that is what I will say, Hey this is fun! :grin:

It can be fun if one can find 'creative' way to entertain oneself. Today, I decide to run in circle as long as possible and not hitting anything until the mob drop my HP to about 33%. Today, 30 seconds left. I will try to be as less as possible tomorrow.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    My self-imposed challenge is to protect my little sister Neemi. I've had to use the Lliira's bell quite a lot to keep her alive.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    Sort of "off topic", I plan to spend my Brimstone points on the 20K chest for 4 stones. The green health stones sell for 33K in the AH and cost 10 stones. I can buy 2 chests at 8 stones and if my bAD adds +50% to that, it should be 60K in total. Besides that all the stuff is bound and it is not like I can sell those stones in the AH.

Back on the topic, I basically fire shots at my companion's location as he is being pummeled by the demons. I drop Icy Terrain and hit my wizard artifact at least once per round. I am assuming we are to go up against Pit Champion Wilfred on the 7th day? He is very polite, telling us not to get killed out there.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

Sort of "off topic", I plan to spend my Brimstone points on the 20K chest for 4 stones. The green health stones sell for 33K in the AH and cost 10 stones. I can buy 2 chests at 8 stones and if my bAD adds +50% to that, it should be 60K in total. Besides that all the stuff is bound and it is not like I can sell those stones in the AH.

If you generally don't manage to fill your daily 100k refine quota, the chest is a good option.
    If you usually fill your daily 100k refine quota, anything that can sell for refined AD is better - that will increase your daily AD income past the refined 100k.
    Day 3 - Seems about the same as Day 2.

Really it depends on your Power Ups - if you get the health regen or the invincible for 60 seconds, then a round is so easy for anyone. Also the AOE attack makes it easy.

Really it depends on your Power Ups - if you get the health regen or the invincible for 60 seconds, then a round is so easy for anyone. Also the AOE attack makes it easy.

It is day 4 already when you made the post.

Depends on your time zone :)

Day 4 - Has anyone counted the number of mobs killed each day? It really felt a lot more busy than day 1 today.

But with 4 Shield Power Ups in a row, meaning you get to take no damage for a minute, it was pretty easy.
    edited November 2019

Depends on your time zone :)

Day 4 - Has anyone counted the number of mobs killed each day? It really felt a lot more busy than day 1 today.

But with 4 Shield Power Ups in a row, meaning you get to take no damage for a minute, it was pretty easy.
    It was day 4 (some could be day 5) in all time zone when you made that post. :)

The faster you killed, the more mob you get.
    Since I played my "don't kill anything until times up", I think there were about 30 to 40 in total during my kill them all moment.
    Forgot to post yesterday - Day 5 seemed much more hectic than Day 1.

Still doable, but I wish I had chosen to use my Fighter with a Xuna companion just to mop up the mobs.

With the much slower recovery time on Encounter Powers hacking through a crowd of mobs whilst waiting for a Daily AOE attack can be a pain in the backside. Not to mention the damage can stack up from a big gang of mobs.

Used four healing potions in the challenge [Day 5] as the Powerups were mostly the boot thing.
    edited November 2019
    Day 7 and no boss fight? I agree with you @callumf#9018 about wishing I had chosen a different character. I had no idea I was stuck playing this as the first to go in and check it out... The Zorgs are ok, but Stardust is a rouge with Xuna as a companion. I am sure they would mop the floor. Also as a wizard the boot (speed bonus) doesn't really help. I will have to go over the News on this event, but I was under the impression that Days 7, 14, and 21 are boss fights?? :disappointed:

Edit: I found the line I read.
    "Every 7 successes will increase the difficulty and payout leading into the final showdown with the pit champion."
    Maybe this should be written; Every 7 successes will increase the difficulty and payout, leading into the final showdown with the pit champion on the last day.
    Or am I wrong?
    wb-cenders.gif

Day 7 and no boss fight? I agree with you @callumf#9018 about wishing I had chosen a different character. I had no idea I was stuck playing this as the first to go in and check it out... The Zorgs are ok, but Stardust is a rouge with Xuna as a companion. I am sure they would mop the floor. Also as a wizard the boot (speed bonus) doesn't really help. I will have to go over the News on this event, but I was under the impression that Days 7, 14, and 21 are boss fights?? :disappointed:

"Every 7 successes will increase the difficulty and payout leading into the final showdown with the pit champion."
    Maybe this should be written; Every 7 successes will increase the difficulty and payout, leading into the final showdown with the pit champion on the last day.
    Or am I wrong?

We are still on Day 6 I believe :)

And yes, choice of toon is the difference between supereasy and actually quite annoying.

Ho hum. Teach me to think a bit more next time wont it...
    edited November 2019

Or am I wrong?

And yes, choice of toon is the difference between supereasy and actually quite annoying.

We are on day 7 of Neverwinter time.
    Day 1: Nov 21st PST Thur
    Day 2: Nov 22nd PST Fri
    Day 3: Nov 23rd PST Sat
    Day 4: Nov 24th PST Sun
    Day 5: Nov 25th PST Mon
    Day 6: Nov 26th PST Tue
    Day 7: Nov 27th PST Wed

That is why when you posted on 24th ~10am EST, I said it was day 4.
  • goro#8655 goro Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Dragonborn cleric just under 20k. Week one wasn't quite faceroll easy but simple enough to complete without having to pay too much attention and little to no potion use. Day 8 was a big difficulty ramp for me, lots more aoe, control and numbers. Died once before round 5 and several times trying to do round 5. Finally got through by kiting until timer expired then popped invuln buff and cleaned them up. Even then still had problem with all the control. Died in bonus round, pet was bugged in hallway until after I died (should have stayed in there with it). Day 8 was way harder than a single rune ME. This is not a multi-player dungeon run with a shot at great prize at the end, it is a grindy multi week event we have to complete 5 times (minimum 70 successful runs) to get the mount prize. An 18k casual player should be able to get the participation level reward without dying more than a time or two while learning the event. Put the hard stuff in bonus rounds or add a difficulty selector with bonus prizes/currency for the advanced players.
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Completed first 7 days easily and am now having problems with the increase in difficulty. On day 8 My 24.5k Rogue got to the 4th and 5th rounds a few times but so far havn't been able to clear all 5 rounds after 4 attempts. I'm thinking that a palladin of similar IL would find it much easier, but as a Rogue it appears to be near impossible unless you get some good boons (particularly the regeneration bonus) on rounds 4 and 5.

Or am I wrong?

We are on day 7 of Neverwinter time.
    Day 1: Nov 21st PST Thur
    Day 2: Nov 22nd PST Fri
    Day 3: Nov 23rd PST Sat
    Day 4: Nov 24th PST Sun
    Day 5: Nov 25th PST Mon
    Day 6: Nov 26th PST Tue
    Day 7: Nov 27th PST Wed

Something weird my end then :)
    Day 6 - yesterday - changed tactics and used more AOE attacks.

Felt a bit weird and a complete change in playstyle, but it worked well.

Will attempt what I think will be day 7 a bit later - current post time 1pm UK time.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    AOE is THE thing in there for me. I mean I'm lazy and only have 1 aoe encounter in, so I just wait until it's up again =)
    - bye bye -
  • genadine#7803 genadine Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Day 8 or rather the start of week 2, the step up in difficulty will have those that just make the ilvl rant.
    Yet again Cryptic you have said one thing then basically made it neigh on impossible for the AVERAGE player to have fun and win.

You made this out as a great way to let everyone get a mediocre Leg mount, then you implement another train wreck.

Your left hand does not have a clue what your right hand is doing and neither of them are attached to braincells

The jump in difficulty is massive AoE after AoE, damage output by more mobs is increased a lot no fun at all.