test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Leaderboard Reward System

jim10morrisonjim10morrison Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2019 in PvP Discussion
Hello everyone!

Can someone explain to me how leaderboard works?

I mean, it seems that Invincible Overlord will get better reward in the end of the season than Overlord right? But how can one be Invincible Overloard with just 16 games played? Followed by a Overlord player with 170 games. This does not make any sense to me. Any thoughts?

Comments

• nightwish021nightwish021 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    Leaderboard always seemed to be based on a ratio between wins and loses, so the number of the games played doesn`t matter that much when it comes to the leaderboard position.

If the Leaderboard is based on an ELO system, it might mean the first few games are worth more points/score than the later ones.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User

Leaderboard always seemed to be based on a ratio between wins and loses, so the number of the games played doesn`t matter that much when it comes to the leaderboard position.

If the Leaderboard is based on an ELO system, it might mean the first few games are worth more points/score than the later ones.

This is mostly correct as far as I've been able to figure out, there are some other factors at play and the above explanation is simplified. But in general, you go up by winning matches.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • jim10morrisonjim10morrison Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Should't kills, deaths, assists, winning nods, all of it count towards leaderboard?

I know pvp database is not that big, but still, this looks lazy work from devs.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Should't kills, deaths, assists, winning nods, all of it count towards leaderboard?

I know pvp database is not that big, but still, this looks lazy work from devs.

I think K/D might be one of the smaller factors but hard to tell for sure.
    Its good that K/D isn't being counted for much if you ask me. K/D doesn't reflect skill as much as win/loss does, its also less support role freindly than win/loss is. In a setting based around working together with your teammates, making K/D a bigger factor would just encourage crappy behavior like chasing after kills and running away a lot at the expense of their team and more people wouldn't even try to win the match. That, and getting a good K/D is very easy, just build tanky and abuse broken HAMSTER and you don't die much without having to put much effort into it. Behavior like farming pugs for kills after they have quit would likely get worse too.

As for winning nodes, not sure if that counts towards leaderboard any. I know it makes you move higher on the match scoreboard more than kills do but not sure how much your internal match placement effects your leaderboard placement. It does effect how much glory you gain from that match though.

I'm torn on whether or not winning nodes should be a factor on leaderboard. Successfully holding nodes tends to be better than losing them so much you are always having to recap them. But being the person to cap them does mean something I guess? There is also cap trading at the end of unbalanced matches to consider.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC