test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Friday Sale is only 30% off? And only 25% off on Expedition Packs? What the....

faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
Black Friday Sale is supposed to be 50% off, or at the very least 40%!!!! What's this 30% stuff? There are Coupons in-game that are more than 30% off! You do realize that MANY players save all year for your two 50-40% off sales right? You just decided to stop that? What are you doing to the Player base? Why are you doing this to the Player base? Words I can use here can't describe how upset and disappointed I am at all those responsible for this betrayal. Unbelievable. Happy Thanksgiving. How about give us back our 50% off sale? Those of us who have stuck with the game through all this turmoil YOU have created deserve it.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    You do realize because MANY players save all years for the 50%-40% off, they really want to decrease the amount of "MANY" players, right? I expected they would eventually do this since the first time they did the 50% off.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Is the Zen store Legendary mount account wide too? How much is it?
    (I am not in game to check until tonight)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    not in game either but the screenshots i have seen is not account wide. its 1 claim per purchase.
    Winter rewards? those would come with the winter festival same as they always have.
  • brandemisbrandemis Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    akemnos said:

Winter rewards? those would come with the winter festival same as they always have.

if u remember last years black friday and winter festival came in the same weekend .. just remember friend
    brandemis said:

akemnos said:

if u remember last years black friday and winter festival came in the same weekend .. just remember friend
    No, they are not. Winter Festival is always in Christmas time.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11018943-the-winter-festival-returns!

It started on Dec 17, 2018, last year.

You were probably talking about Winter Bonus Reward (which is basically a Zen sale).

brandemis said:

akemnos said:

No, they are not. Winter Festival is always in Christmas time.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11018943-the-winter-festival-returns!

It started on Dec 17, 2018, last year.

You were probably talking about Winter Bonus Reward (which is basically a Zen sale).

He is. i went back and looked at the old news posts and there was the bonus rewards at the same time which provided extra items depending on how much was spent. Those sales were always garbage though providing mediocre stuff and half the time they didn't even award properly at that.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I believe @brandemis is referring to the winter rewards that have been announced with black friday in the past.
    Example: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11015233-winter-bonus-rewards

There is no news of that yet. Maybe it still happens. Who knows. Doubt it. Rewards were generally trash anyway and most time the event went off with some kind of issue/bug in transactions/item delivery.

But we haven't had 50% off for Black Friday in years. It's been 40% for awhile.

Dropping it to 30% will make me reevaluate my Black Friday spending that's for sure.

Question is, should we put it past them to do a 24 hour black friday 40% off sale just to anger everyone that spent money on 30% off.

• nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Sooo, yeah, wanted to spend a bit on insignias, but since "black friday sale" is only 30% off i guess i'll just go back to invoking and hoping for 33% off any mount, still have enough zen for the few vouchers ill get. Hopefully we'll get a bigger sale on christmas day
    Also the charge bonus is bad and not worth investing now, wait for a better charge bonus, one where you get keys, wards etc with your zen.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    The answer of all the questions about:

You do realize because MANY players save all years for the 50%-40% off, they really want to decrease the amount of "MANY" players, right? I expected they would eventually do this since the first time they did the 50% off.

Almost all players had the same idea above: Save AD, convert to ZEN to use in late november. So, you will spent more AD or $$$ to buy yur desirable stuff, and the ZAX backlog will eventually decrease.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    When the discount was 50%, it was a one day event. If you were not around that day, you missed the boat. People complained. Then it became 40% over the weekend. Now it is 30% and lasts for 12 days. You can't expect them to have big discounts over many days. This is probably a good move to disincentive people from saving all year and buying only twice a year. Some game company do not even have a BF sale.
    edited November 2019
    I will not be surprised after this 30% off 12 days period, they do an one day 50% off surprise sale in Christmas.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

Is the Zen store Legendary mount account wide too? How much is it?
    (I am not in game to check until tonight)

No, the leg mount is under events and can be sold. It is a 1 time buy and receive. Not account wide.
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    What a shame, I usually spend $200 on this. Guess I’ll save my money this year.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    Keep in mind Zen is also now on sale (30% 0ff now on PS4) thus giving a deeper discount. Also all the packs in the PS4 store are on sale including 50% off on Dragonborn Race Pack.

Also, they state " Additional sales on Zen and other offers and events are also occurring throughout the week! As a reminder:"

I highly suspect we will see 40% sale on American Thanksgiving or the day/weekend afterwards.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    This is just another sign that Cryptic's income from NW has dropped dramatically so they try to generate more income by reducing the discount.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited November 2019

When the discount was 50%, it was a one day event. If you were not around that day, you missed the boat. People complained. Then it became 40% over the weekend. Now it is 30% and lasts for 12 days. You can't expect them to have big discounts over many days. This is probably a good move to disincentive people from saving all year and buying only twice a year. Some game company do not even have a BF sale.

Can't expect them {Cryptic} to offer big discounts over many days is an accurate statement, but considering the discount amount for this year's much anticipated "Black Friday Sale", is about the same (or in some cases even less) than coupons that sometimes drop when a player invokes at any time during the year, what's so special about Black Friday on Neverwinter?

That plus ZEN bonus during the Black Friday events also seeming to be identical to other ZEN sale events, during Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter Festival ZEN sale events that offer bonus ZEN, instead of bonus items and considering this year's Black Friday discount ZEN market discount is now only 30% (20% for "Legendary Mounts" if I read it correctly)... for me the pressure is definitely off to buy ZEN or anything else during Neverwinter's Black Friday event this year.

Now I feel if I want Zen, I can wait for the next ZEN sales event since the purchase bonus is usually identical during those other ZEN sales events. That along with the now reduced from last year, 30% discount on other ZEN market items... Like I said, any pressure to make a purchase of either ZEN or items from the Zen market during Neverwinter's Black Friday Sale this year, for me - is gone.
    DD~
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

This is just another sign that Cryptic's income from NW has dropped dramatically so they try to generate more income by reducing the discount.

Objection! Supposition, your Honor.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Just HAMSTER 30%? What was it costing you to get a HAMSTER warning that this year the discount was going to be lowered? Every year has been 40%, everyone makes their provisions of zen based on those discounts. Really Devs, I'm surprised how hard you try hard to HAMSTER the players, every time you get better being a complete HAMSTER.

Just HAMSTER 30%? What was it costing you to get a HAMSTER warning that this year the discount was going to be lowered? Every year has been 40%, everyone makes their provisions of zen based on those discounts. Really Devs, I'm surprised how hard you try hard to HAMSTER the players, every time you get better being a complete HAMSTER.

They never tell you the percentage or when or how long the discount will be until the last moment. Hence, there is never a 'warning'.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

I will not be surprised after this 30% off 12 days period, they do an one day 50% off surprise sale in Christmas.

that happened to me last year...don't remember the % of the discount, but I had bought some zen and like a few hours later the sale came out lol. oh well. I've only seen 40% off sales...only 50% off i've seen in the game for the 2.5yrs i've been playing was couons from one of the events this year...
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Can't expect them {Cryptic} to offer big discounts over many days is an accurate statement, but considering the discount amount for this year's much anticipated "Black Friday Sale", is about the same (or in some cases even less) than coupons that sometimes drop when a player invokes at any time during the year, what's so special about Black Friday on Neverwinter?

Comparing the discount to coupon is not a very good comparison. The best discount from invoke coupon is 25% on specific items. Pres/coal wards and VIP are probably the most purchased items and the coupon discount is only 20%. So the 30%, while nothing to write home about, still makes them 50% cheaper than coupon. And you can buy in bulk instead of waiting to "win" the coupon game. People just lose out on bigger profit when flipping to the AH
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I too, waited, intending to buy $200 of zen with it's bonus (actually $400, we have 2 accounts in this household). Take advantage of some of the BF sales and save some out for the year end VIP discount (I like to buy a yr at a time, missed out this yr. since I got called in to work an emergency at work, had to buy 6 month at only 15% off, then more at summer festival). Seeing that the Zen BF sales are sort of meh, and not seeing anything big in the Zen charge, outside the normal ticket bonus, I feel no urgency also. I'll wait and see if there is anything year end or later, we got another 8 months of VIP on our accounts to even begin to need to re-up.

Got lot's of other RL, BF things to shop for, NW you're going to need to step up your offerings to get my $:/. We are planning a family reunion cruise next yr. mid-Nov....make it easy for me NW, make it a great bargain, so my lady don't give me any lip about my game expenditures :)