test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Event [11/21-12/12]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
NOTE: Event blog has been updated with clarifying information regarding tokens.

The new Hell Pit event starts today, November 21, at 10am PST on PC. Since this is a brand new event, we want to ensure that all feedback and reports are received as quickly as possible. Please use this post to report all Hell Pit related issues!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User

is it REALLy meant to be once a day PER ACCOUNT?

Yes, the event announcement says: "Progress is tracked on account level – daily completion is limited to 1 per account."
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11301083-new-event:-hell-pit!
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    When you are about to enter the arena - if you move forward before the first gate fully open, you get stuck in the gate. "/stuck" works, but it is not a good impression to start with.

In the arena you can pick up some power-ups. For example picking up the boots pops up the "F" key use icon, pressing "F" removes the icon. That is great - but it would be nice if that boost would do something else too. Like, I do not know, for example boost your speed as is suggested in the tooltip.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    @nitocris83 does the legendary insignia choice pack include brutality insignias?
  • rualkgreywolfrualkgreywolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I really like the idea of a solo event to test your own skill, although level 1 might be a bit too easy (I basically stood still for 2 mins while autohealing with a couple of insignias abilities and then wiping out all the mobs at the end of the round with a couple of skills), maybe level 2 and 3 will be a proper challenge? But nevermind that. The thing I didn't enjoy is having to face the same mobs over and over, maybe alternating the waves with a bigger demon as miniboss (nothing too difficult, just something different) might have been less boring...
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

@nitocris83 does the legendary insignia choice pack include brutality insignias?

It does not include Brutality, Initiative, or Fortitude.

• mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Ok so don't bother.. got it!
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    How about Dominance and Prosperity?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Suggestions:
    1. A slightly larger pool of enemies so that on some days the mix changes a little.
    2. A piece of lore you can get.

Did anyone else notice Wilfred??? Maybe we should get to talk to him? I'm not sure how @warrians will take this after all those Zero to Hero Foundry quests...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I agree with the suggestion that there should be more of a variety of enemies and maybe include a mini-boss in round five.

I had planned to use different toons but it appears, currency wise, that you are locked into one toon only. Probably would have been nice if one of the event selections allowed you to have the earned currency go to one toon regardless of which one gets used to complete the event per day.
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    " Only 1 Token of Achievement will be awarded during Hell Pit. Subsequent events throughout a year time span will each reward 1 Token of Achievement for minimum participation PER event."
    I wish this would have been clarified from the beginning that this would take up to a year to earn a mount. Will this be monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly...etc? Fun event so far though.
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • taylaamogintaylaamogin Member Posts: 24 Arc User

I really like the idea of a solo event to test your own skill, although level 1 might be a bit too easy (I basically stood still for 2 mins while autohealing with a couple of insignias abilities and then wiping out all the mobs at the end of the round with a couple of skills), maybe level 2 and 3 will be a proper challenge? But nevermind that. The thing I didn't enjoy is having to face the same mobs over and over, maybe alternating the waves with a bigger demon as miniboss (nothing too difficult, just something different) might have been less boring...

I'm assuming (hoping) it gets changed up each day as it gets more difficult
    hustin1 said:

Suggestions:
    1. A slightly larger pool of enemies so that on some days the mix changes a little.
    2. A piece of lore you can get.

Did anyone else notice Wilfred??? Maybe we should get to talk to him? I'm not sure how @warrians will take this after all those Zero to Hero Foundry quests...

Ya he was the first thing I noticed. lol Glad to see him back & working again, I was worried with him being 'forgotten' and all
    edited November 2019

followup:
    In the mask festival we had to choose a faction. When we did that there was a confirmation pop up that stated only one faction could be chosen and it could not be changed. I suggest that when a char chooses "sign the contract' from the main event vendor that the same kind of popup confirmation window appears stating that: "These event currencies can only be earned on one character per account" "Are you sure you want to proceed with this character being the only character that can collect these event currencies?" "YES/NO". Thank you. and.. Haz funz all!

Yes somewhere it should have been clearer. That has been the repeated question I am seeing from people and most are kinda confused, with being day one & all. To be safe I just started with my strongest character.
  • tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User

followup:
    In the mask festival we had to choose a faction. When we did that there was a confirmation pop up that stated only one faction could be chosen and it could not be changed. I suggest that when a char chooses "sign the contract' from the main event vendor that the same kind of popup confirmation window appears stating that: "These event currencies can only be earned on one character per account" "Are you sure you want to proceed with this character being the only character that can collect these event currencies?" "YES/NO". Thank you. and.. Haz funz all!

Terrible suggestion that only one character per account could collect the currencies. Those of us that actually muticlass (have alts) may have a better character for each event. It should be any character can collect the currencies but they are account bound and not character bound or make them bankable. It would make the event a hard pass for me or anyone else that has more than one character. Judging by the prize table it would be for me if I could only earn 1 legendary mount. I do currently have 56 characters so it's unappealing to do just 1 per account anyway for this. I like to do events that I can customize all my characters fairly with mounts or anything cosmetic. Insignias, etc are mostly trash to me at this point due to how scaling just makes things obsolete. Mounts, pets, companions are the only things viable that can be seen from my travels.
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    what the point in doing this event if you cant do it under 15k really wanted to try out the new legendary mount where i dont see my self getting it since i wont be wasting my money on it either thanks for ruining this event
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

followup:

Terrible suggestion that only one character per account could collect the currencies. Those of us that actually muticlass (have alts) may have a better character for each event. It should be any character can collect the currencies but they are account bound and not character bound or make them bankable. It would make the event a hard pass for me or anyone else that has more than one character. Judging by the prize table it would be for me if I could only earn 1 legendary mount. I do currently have 56 characters so it's unappealing to do just 1 per account anyway for this. I like to do events that I can customize all my characters fairly with mounts or anything cosmetic. Insignias, etc are mostly trash to me at this point due to how scaling just makes things obsolete. Mounts, pets, companions are the only things viable that can be seen from my travels.
    It is not a suggestion. He just wanted Cryptic to state the fact clearer in the game.
    The token of brimstone is currently BtC. Not BtA. If the other tokens are the same, that means you need the same character to do all 5 events.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Why not?
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Noted several bugs in the current hellpit event.

First, when entering pit, after signing, if one lingers at the first doors one gets stuck. Already happened twice.
    Second, after being stuck and teleporting out of the pit, I can go back to the pit, sign, enter arena, fight my boring 10+ min and dont receive any rewards. Already did this twice in one day, no rewards.
    Third, entered pit, signed, entered arena, fought until round 5 was nearly finished and got disconnected. When I managed to log back in after ~min, I found myself in PE with all progress lost

BUGGY AS HELL, NOT FUN AT ALL

As a side observation:
    This event is extremely boring. Five two minute round are far too long for such boring stuff. Reduce rounds to 1 min, or three 2 min rounds
    Limited events to one character per account is never a good idea. Due to the boringness of the event I cannot imagine, that people would run it on more than two characters per day.
    Bottom line: The rewards are good, the arena looks nice, the introductory quest is nice. This could have been a good event, if not for the bugs, the boring fights and the limitation to one char per account per day
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    The currency being character-bound, meaning you can earn enough currency to get a reward but not be able to spend it because you did the event on different characters on different days before you realised this, is a problem. Can they be made account-wide like Zen, or at least "add to all characters when earned, remove from all characters when spent"?
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

followup:

It is not a suggestion. He just wanted Cryptic to state the fact clearer in the game.
    The token of brimstone is currently BtC. Not BtA. If the other tokens are the same, that means you need the same character to do all 5 events.
    I just checked and the rewards you get are all BtA on pickup...So you have to earn the tokens with a single character but you give the goodies to any of them....So just make sure you do it with the same character the 5 times.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    empalas said:

followup:

I just checked and the rewards you get are all BtA on pickup...So you have to earn the tokens with a single character but you give the goodies to any of them....So just make sure you do it with the same character the 5 times.
    This is, BTW, pretty close to how STO *used* to do this kind of event, but it's nowhere close to how STO *currently* does this kind of event. Because they realised that account-wide rewards that depended on one specific character doing the challenge was less fun than letting you do the challenge on whatever character you feel like, that day.

I feel STO's got a couple of years of lead time on the design of this kind of event and since they're the same studio, Neverwinter people should really sit down with the STO people and talk about why STO moved *away* from what Neverwinter is currently moving *towards*.

Don't get me wrong, this kind of event was always fun in STO and it's good that it's being added to Neverwinter, I just think there's a chance to learn from a couple of year's experience and skip some rough patches by looking at your other department's prior experience.

(PS: If we ever get Neverwinter Endeavours a la STO? YES. YES PLEASE DO THAT. THOSE ARE FUN.)
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Swiftness of the flames (speed buff the demons sometimes throw you) either does not work at all, or is far too small a buff to be of any use. I couldn't really tell a difference to move speed before and after the buff.