test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen Exchange ETA

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
I was contacted in chat yesterday by a friend who place AD in the Zen exchange at 750 last month. He logged in to find his AD still in the exchange. Then he wanted to know, if I had any insight about the time to backlog ratio. I told him, I don't use the exchange but always heard it was 1 million per day. However looking at the current 16 million backlog he should have his Zen by now.

I continued to ask players about the wait time in chat and one player informs me that the current wait time is up to 30 days or more. That would indicate to me, that 50% less Zen is being traded back into AD than last year. I don't know if this is from the cap increase, low server population, players holding on to zen, or all the above. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

As for my friend, he left his AD in the exchange hopes to have it for extra Zen on next Friday. Personally, I plan to eat my turkey and ham on Thursday and sleep in all day Friday. Enjoy your shopping sale next week!
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The exchange always slows down prior to any expect major sales, such as Black Friday/Cyber Monday, holiday sales, and the anniversary sale.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It hasn't been 1 million a day since mod 15 or earlier.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    The problem with this offers is that they started as a surprise the first year, but now they are the norm. So people who is willing to spend, just wait. I bet most spenders only use the credit card in this sales.

And yes the backlog is slow.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

The problem with this offers is that they started as a surprise the first year, but now they are the norm. So people who is willing to spend, just wait. I bet most spenders only use the credit card in this sales.

And yes the backlog is slow.

Yes, it must be very slow, my friend was online helping with the Barovian Bash on the 23rd. I didn't ask but I assume that is when he posted. But he is one that charges Zen for Black Friday and tossed AD in there for extra. I don't bother with Zen, there has been nothing in the Zen store for me. I only did the exchange years ago to try VIP for a few months and that has no appeal to me either. I imagine the guild will be back together for next weekend (Black Friday Sale) and then they will vaporize once again until January 21st.

Seeing that Mod 18 is that far off, I am also planning on spending December in the original Guild Wars, they have awesome PvP snowball fights. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    When the line was around 10 mil 2 months ago, it took 18 days to flip. It's slowed from 1 mil per day transfer to around 500k I'd say. Factor in people waiting for sales, line going really slow, prob 5 weeks or just under.
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Today is the 1 month mark from my last zen buying listing, still don´t have it.

So at least 1 month.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    as a few others stated this is really no different from the last couple years. Every year around this time the exchange slows way down. There are usually a lot more requests for Zen for people wanting to stock up for the sale and those who are actually buying the zen are waiting for the typical Zen bonus sale that usually accompanies the store sale.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    A guildmate recently reported that he got his Zen after 33 days waiting on the exchange, this was only a few days ago.
  • I stagger small amounts at a time in the exchange. I had the first 3 coming in within 3 weeks, now its taking longer. This is the first time I have continuously made orders for zen.