test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About Rewards of Upcoming Event "Hell Pit"

2»

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

> @admiralwarlord#3792 said:

> All will be scaled to 18k? You will play solo. As I read this I wondered how toxic this event will be, as falling with weaker or novice players will be a patience test for the end gamers.

It's a solo event. There will be no weaker or novice players for an end gamer to fail with. Or I'm just confused and not understanding what you are trying to say.

I do not believe it is an event that you play solo, it will be an event similar to CTA or IG skirmish, only you can only search solo. That's what i understood.
    This is an event you must play solo. We probably will need to try and try until we can win once on a day. You can only win once per day.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Reading is overvalued.

And btw for those that are complaining already, the event is for 18k players and scaled to 20k so is an event for 99% of the playerbase.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

> All will be scaled to 18k? You will play solo. As I read this I wondered how toxic this event will be, as falling with weaker or novice players will be a patience test for the end gamers.

It's a solo event. There will be no weaker or novice players for an end gamer to fail with. Or I'm just confused and not understanding what you are trying to say.

I do not believe it is an event that you play solo, it will be an event similar to CTA or IG skirmish, only you can only search solo. That's what i understood.
    This is an event you must play solo. We probably will need to try and try until we can win once on a day. You can only win once per day.
    THIS. I am pretty worried that as its a SOLO event some classes might not be viable either because of excessive DPS needed, high survivability needed or whatever. But I am hopeful its pitched at the right level :)

THIS. I am pretty worried that as its a SOLO event some classes might not be viable either because of excessive DPS needed, high survivability needed or whatever. But I am hopeful its pitched at the right level :)
    What I worry more is: the server will crash. Everyone will keep on playing until one win. Everyone takes one instance .. forever .. until one win.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I just hope that the rewards are BtA, not BtC.

As well, I am kinda sad that while it is a solo event, it is only for one char on your account. Finally something where you are not dependent if general population is willing to take you even without having BIS equipment - or actually showing a damn wrong attitude (You want to open a chest? Go away!). I know that the reason is to not extensively devalue the price of rewarded items... Well, at least I wont spend too much time in the game.
    edited November 2019
    rikitaki said:

I just hope that the rewards are BtA, not BtC.

As well, I am kinda sad that while it is a solo event, it is only for one char on your account. Finally something where you are not dependent if general population is willing to take you even without having BIS equipment - or actually showing a damn wrong attitude (You want to open a chest? Go away!). I know that the reason is to not extensively devalue the price of rewarded items... Well, at least I wont spend too much time in the game.

This only makes sense if the token is BtA. You are allowed to have one win per account per day. You need 14 wins to get a token. It did not state you have to use one character to get that 14 wins. i.e. you could use multiple characters in different days to get that 14 wins. The final reward (the token) does not make sense to be BtC. And, you need 5 tokens from 5 events to get the legendary mount.

I expect the mount to be BtA (BtC when equip) after you buy it using 5 tokens.
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    You will certainly need to do 14 successes in 21 days during each of 5 different events to get that yummy mount.

I dont see any problem here, we are talking about what... a year minimum?
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    The rewards are all BtA on pickup and BtC on Equip for the mount at least.