test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WHY IS THE PROFESSIONS CRAFTING HALL NOT ON THE PE MAP?

dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
It's been quite a while since the change to professions in the game, but for all of the subsequent changes, updates and Mods, the Professions Crafting Hall is still not shown on the Protector's Enclave map...

Will we be seeing that added sometime soon?
DD~

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    OK, I got it now. The Professions Crafting Hall is not listed on the PE map - because it isn't designated as a Professions Crafting Hall... It isn't designated as anything having to do with Professions or Crafting. It's designated on the PE map as: "Trading Company" and it only shows up if a player has accepted the quest. What exactly Trading Company has to do with Professions or Crafting for that matter I haven't a clue - but it is what it is.
    DD~

Answers

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Why? Do you keep misplacing yours or does it move around on you?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    dionchi said:

OK, I got it now. The Professions Crafting Hall is not listed on the PE map - because it isn't designated as a Professions Crafting Hall... It isn't designated as anything having to do with Professions or Crafting. It's designated on the PE map as: "Trading Company" and it only shows up if a player has accepted the quest. What exactly Trading Company has to do with Professions or Crafting for that matter I haven't a clue - but it is what it is.

You make things for the South Seas Trading Company.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

dionchi said:

You make things for the South Seas Trading Company.
    Yeah but I "make things" ("craft") for the South Seas Trading Company, my professions crafting space is not the South Seas Trading Company. Craft items in professions crafting hall then carry them to the other side of the Seven Suns Market to the Auction House platform to where the South Seas Trading Company is located...

So again why my professions crafting hall is listed as "Trading Company" on the PE map, especially since I can also market produced items to other players in person or on the Auction House as well as NPC merchants, seems just a bit confusing to me.
    DD~
  • Options
    Yeah, workshop - Crafting Hall, whatever... :no_mouth:
    DD~
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    dionchi said:

Yeah, workshop - Crafting Hall, whatever... :no_mouth:

In the 'world' map, if you have VIP, it is shown and labelled as "The Workshop".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    And if you don't have VIP? The map is showing it as "Trading Company" or not at all... That makes no sense to me.

The PE map should show "Workshop" regardless IMO.
    DD~
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    dionchi said:

And if you don't have VIP? The map is showing it as "Trading Company" or not at all... That makes no sense to me.

The PE map should show "Workshop" regardless IMO.

PE map should show "The Workshop" regardless if you have VIP.
    With VIP, you also do not see "The Workshop" in PE map.
    With VIP, you can only see that in the 'World' map.
    I just want to point out "The Workshop" is the name the game uses and not "Crafting Hall".

"Trading company" is a different location for different purpose. I don't see that have any relationship to the location of the Workshop.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***