test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About Rewards of Upcoming Event "Hell Pit"

sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
Hello everyone,

As you all know, we have a new event coming called Hell Pit. Since it will be for the first time we do not know what is waiting for us. But we can see some rewards in the calendar. Most exciting reward is the new legendary mount Golden Warhorse for sure. But I must say I am disappointed by the equip bonus of it: 10k Critical Avoidance. It is completely useless for DPS classes outside PVP ( which is like atleast 60% of the players if you think about 3 DPS 1 Tank 1 Healer format). It might be useful for newer Tank and Healer players, but after you can get your defensive companion gear from Warden Expeditions and from Zok merchant, this stat is pretty easy to cap. I wished bonus was something useful for every classes like Maximum HP, AP gain when daily use or Power which is the most important stat in the game. Or something new and unique, it could be cool.

Besides, one of the most used legendary mounts, Swarm, also gives 10k crit avoidance. So people who has already Swarm, this bonus will be totally useless.

I know that getting this reward will be fairly easy if its difficulty is equivalent to 18k Item Level as the description says. If so we will basicly be getting a free legendary mount which is nice, but seeing it has a useless equip bonus for most of the players is disappointing.

I hope devs can take this on board and discuss, or atleast read it and give a feedback.

Thank you if you spend time reading this, have a nice day.
Tagged:

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Is 140% speed for all of the players that doesnt have a legendary mount. How is this bad? I was very surprised they are doing this. So thank you developers for this.

You can use 5k power mount in combination with this. How is this bad for new players?

If you think they will give you the best mount power in the game for free to everyone keep waitting.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Free is still good ^^

And 140% can help people

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    This is about free. This is about mount speed.
    This is about not all your characters (that you care) have a legendary mount.
    The rest of the features is not as important because it won't be BiS to kill the 'normal' legendary mount market.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User

Is 140% speed for all of the players that doesnt have a legendary mount. How is this bad? I was very surprised they are doing this. So thank you developers for this.

You can use 5k power mount in combination with this. How is this bad for new players?

If you think they will give you the best mount power in the game for free to everyone keep waitting.

I never said its bad about anything, I said it could have been better. Not just for new players but for all players. And I did not say give us the best mount, I was just speaking of bonuses that is useful for all players. With a useful bonus it can help more people better. What I am pointing out is, it would be nice to get a proper prize that benefits everyone.

And you say thank them for making this. They should thank us for still playing this game. Ofcourse no one is forcing us to play but we still play because we still have hope in them. Its their job to make content to this game and keep their players happy. But when you look at this last 2 mods it is obvious that they have failed that horribly. After these 2 mods with crazy unbalanced classes and bugfest events/dungeons we did not even get 1 consolation prize. To all those older players thinking of quitting the game, this prize could bring them hope and bind them to the game

The rest of the features is not as important because it won't be BiS to kill the 'normal' legendary mount market.

I never said that I only care about my characters, I am referring to majority of the players, you can see if you read again.
    Also that is why I said they could have make it with a unique bonus. This way it would not hurt the economy. 10k Crit Avo is almost not helping anyone.
    edited November 2019

I never said that I only care about my characters, I am referring to majority of the players, you can see if you read again.
    Also that is why I said they could have make it with a unique bonus. This way it would not hurt the economy. 10k Crit Avo is almost not helping anyone.
    Sorry, the "you" was not meant to be you.
    Not many people have legendary mounts in ALL of their characters that they care about.
    10K Crit Avo can help many who are not BiS. If that does not help them at all, they can always use stat from another mount and keep the legendary speed.
    For those who are BiS, they don't need this mount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Not many people have legendary mounts in ALL of their characters that they care about.
    10K Crit Avo can help many who are not BiS. If that does not help them at all, they can always use stat from another mount.
    No problem.
    But for those who are not BIS, they do not have any content that they need to stack crit avo to maximum. Only TOMM is hard to do that, also its already easy to stack that with companion gear from zok and expeditions.
    With bringing a unique bonus could also make BIS people happy, atleast it would give them a content to do.

What I am trying to explain here is to make as much as people happy with this reward.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The majority of players likely *don't* have a legendary mount, and it's almost a certainty that the VAST majority of toons do not have a legendary mount. So - perk 1, players have a chance to get a 140% speed mount for at least 1 toon. That's a win for anyone without a legendary mount. Perk 2 - +10k crit avoidance. Not a terrible stat, not a great stat, either. Most of the free epic mounts give +5k Power, which is also a valid choice. Perk 3 - if it's their first leg. mount, they get a combat power to use! Again - not a great power, but it's something.

None of this will affect the market in general. people focused on 'just getting an orange mount' will do the event. People focused on 'BiS' will still be buying better legendary mounts for the stats, or the combat power.

edited November 2019

10K Crit Avo can help many who are not BiS. If that does not help them at all, they can always use stat from another mount.
    No problem.
    But for those who are not BIS, they do not have any content that they need to stack crit avo to maximum. Only TOMM is hard to do that, also its already easy to stack that with companion gear from zok and expeditions.
    With bringing a unique bonus could also make BIS people happy, atleast it would give them a content to do.

What I am trying to explain here is to make as much as people happy with this reward.
    I see the mount in 4 piece of features and they are all independent and can be obtained from 4 different mount "source".
    1. the look (skin)
    2. speed
    3. mount combat power
    4. mount bonus

For me, this mount gives 1 and 2.
    I don't know if this mount has 3.

One can get 4 from somewhere else.
    If ones is BiS, they already have their BiS mount bonus from what they are using.
    Why would BiS replace it to anything else unless that something else is more BiS than what they have?

In order for mount bonus to be useful for BiS character, this mount bonus must be more BiS than what they already have.

BiS character would farm this for one or more of the following reasons:
    1. like the look.
    2. like the combat power (if it has a BiS combat power which is better than what they already have)
    3. like the mount bonus (if it has a BiS mount bonus which is better than what they already have)
    4. Just like to play the event
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    If you dont like it dont farm the event and buy a black ice warhorse instead. Plain and simple
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @sekosek#5740 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I never said that I only care about my characters, I am referring to majority of the players, you can see if you read again.
    > Also that is why I said they could have make it with a unique bonus. This way it would not hurt the economy. 10k Crit Avo is almost not helping anyone.

> @sekosek#5740 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I never said its bad about anything, I said it could have been better. Not just for new players but for all players. And I did not say give us the best mount, I was just speaking of bonuses that is useful for all players. With a useful bonus it can help more people better. What I am pointing out is, it would be nice to get a proper prize that benefits everyone.
    >
    > And you say thank them for making this. They should thank us for still playing this game. Ofcourse no one is forcing us to play but we still play because we still have hope in them. Its their job to make content to this game and keep their players happy. But when you look at this last 2 mods it is obvious that they have failed that horribly. After these 2 mods with crazy unbalanced classes and bugfest events/dungeons we did not even get 1 consolation prize. To all those older players thinking of quitting the game, this prize could bring them hope and bind them to the game

We did get an awesome cape transmute, at least that made me extremely happy 👍😁
    Elite Whaleboy
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Obviously it could be better. Anything they give COULD be better.

If they gave you a mount that gave 50k HP, non-tanks would cry that they don't need HP.

If they gave you a mount to gain AP faster, people would complain that faster AP gain sucks compared to 10k power, etc etc etc

Everything could always be better but the only time anything is going to fit exactly what you need is when you buy it.

So be happy with the free legendary or dont chase it if it doesn't have what you need.

As always, these events are geared towards newer players that don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    If you play the random queues now you know (if you play DPS) that there is a huge shortage of healers/tanks for various different reasons. I suspect that one of the reasons the mount is more to the defensive side on equip bonus is to show some love to the tanks/healers who IMO deserve it.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

And you say thank them for making this. They should thank us for still playing this game.

I think his point is, he is thankful for the orange mount and understands that there needs to be some gap between it and the mounts with the highest demand. You need to look at this from the other perspective. This is a good middle ground between them.

• kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Does anyone know if missing few days of the event can prescind to get or not the mount?
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    What everyone wants to know is; Will there be cape rewards?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I main a tank, have my 50k hp from leg triceratops. I also have my swarm(2nd leg mount) it was for the bonus and the look. I have leg t-rex too, it is only for the 2x universal insignia slots. I hate the look(too huge), combat power is meh(IMHO), and like I said, tank need hp. All these mounts came to me with the lockbox lottery, the triceratops was 36 keys in after buying a 50 key bundle with real money...

I would however(if I can) farm this mount on ALL my toons. 1, so my alts can have a leg mount, 2, so my alts can increase crit avoid, and focus comp gear on important stats, like ar pen, combat advantage(by far the hardest to cap IMO) 3, for my main so he can have yet another mount with 2x universal insignia slots. He can stack more gladiators guile or equip another bonus of my choosing as I see fit.

I for one will be really ahppy to have this free mount, especially if I can farm it for all my toons. Even if I can only get it for one, it will still help, as I have no leg mounts for any of my alts, and since they continue to nerf paladin into the dirt, it would be nice to get something for free that is useful on one of my alts that I a enjoy playing more now than my pally...
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I think you are mistaken if you think that you will get a legendary mount during this event.
    Anyone who has participated in any event (Summerfest ect.) Know that even though there may be nice prizes doesn't mean you will.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2019

I think you are mistaken if you think that you will get a legendary mount during this event.

Anyone who has participated in any event (Summerfest ect.) Know that even though there may be nice prizes doesn't mean you will.

The other events have the prize as RNG item. The description of this event suggests completion. Of course, we won't really know until it is released.

Strange that this is one week away and not a peep from Cryptic about it. Is that a bad sign?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

The other events have the prize as RNG item. The description of this event suggests completion. Of course, we won't really know until it is released.

Strange that this is one week away and not a peep from Cryptic about it. Is that a bad sign?
    We got our peep today.

18K item level to participate.
    Another event for some of the players.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    "Some factors to keep in mind:

You can only succeed once a day.
    You can try as many times as you desire within each day until you succeed.
    Every 7 successes will increase the difficulty and payout leading into the final showdown with the pit champion.
    Event runs for 21 days. A minimum participation of 14 successes is needed to gain access to the participation rewards. Successes beyond 14 will yield tokens for additional rewards (See Rewards section for more information)
    Progress is tracked on account level – daily completion is limited to 1 per account.
    A minimum level of 80 and item level of 18,000 is required to enter.
    Players with item level about 20,000 will be scaled down to 18,000 when they enter the arena.
    This is a solo event – you must NOT be in a party."

This is official site information.

All will be scaled to 18k? You will play solo. As I read this I wondered how toxic this event will be, as falling with weaker or novice players will be a patience test for the end gamers. :s

If progress will be acc, will the loots also be bound acc? My question is why my CW needs a legendary mount, but I prefer to run the event on my GWF as it has more chances of completing the event B) .
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    If I'm reading it correctly...then after 14 days you will get one token of achievement. Meaning this event will need to run 5 times to get the legendary mount.
    edited November 2019
    empalas said:

If I'm reading it correctly...then after 14 days you will get one token of achievement. Meaning this event will need to run 5 times to get the legendary mount.

"beyond 14 will yield tokens for additional rewards (See Rewards section for more information)"

1 token after 14 successes. If one can do one success everyday, it is possible to have another 7 before the 21st day.
    After 14 successes (difficulty increased twice), I assume it will be very tough.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User

empalas said:

"beyond 14 will yield tokens for additional rewards (See Rewards section for more information)"

1 token after 14 successes. If one can do one success everyday, it is possible to have another 7 before the 21st day.
    After 14 successes (difficulty increased twice), I assume it will be very tough.
    I am not sure about that. That was my initial thoughts as well, but after talking with some guild mates we thing the "additional rewards" are for Token of Flame. Which seems to be confirmed further down the page with "Every success beyond 14 will result in a Token of Flames."

it also mentions in the article about the event running multiple times.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    akemnos said:

empalas said:

I am not sure about that. That was my initial thoughts as well, but after talking with some guild mates we thing the "additional rewards" are for Token of Flame. Which seems to be confirmed further down the page with "Every success beyond 14 will result in a Token of Flames."

it also mentions in the article about the event running multiple times.
    Ya I took it that after 14 days you can then get Token of Flame. There is no direct mention about getting more than one Token Of Achievement per event.

And if you have several toons you play its going to take years to get leg mounts for them this way since its 1 per account.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > All will be scaled to 18k? You will play solo. As I read this I wondered how toxic this event will be, as falling with weaker or novice players will be a patience test for the end gamers.

It's a solo event. There will be no weaker or novice players for an end gamer to fail with. Or I'm just confused and not understanding what you are trying to say.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

We got our peep today.

18K item level to participate.
    Another event for some of the players.

Look, I've been dumping excess gear from MEs to my bank alts, who have nothing but what gets dumped on them, along with a green neck/waist to slot 5x r8 Azures. That's it. That's their gear. The ilevel is ~12k for those toons. 18k isn't asking a lot of a player these days - fill up your slots - 4 artifacts, mount insignia, gear your companion....

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

> All will be scaled to 18k? You will play solo. As I read this I wondered how toxic this event will be, as falling with weaker or novice players will be a patience test for the end gamers.

It's a solo event. There will be no weaker or novice players for an end gamer to fail with. Or I'm just confused and not understanding what you are trying to say.

I do not believe it is an event that you play solo, it will be an event similar to CTA or IG skirmish, only you can only search solo. That's what i understood.
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User

I do not believe it is an event that you play solo, it will be an event similar to CTA or IG skirmish, only you can only search solo. That's what i understood.
    The upcoming Hell Pit event requires you to be level 80, have at least 18k item level and play solo. You cannot play in a party. The last stipulation, under 'Some factors to keep in mind', states the following: This is a solo event. you must NOT be in a party. See the following: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11301083-new-event:-hell-pit!