test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal Descent Mod.18 coming Jan. 21,2020.

hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
Sounds like we will be getting a new zone and Dungeon. Any hopes, ideas , ect???

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    The normal pattern is a new mod hits Test the Friday after it is announced.

So lets see what happens this Friday. 2 months on Test should give enough time to find a few bugs.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    The preview on IGN had music and some dramatic graphics but no narrative or apparent storyline.

And maybe it's just me, but the quality of the graphics seemed...worse than I remember from past intro videos to new campaigns.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I need to see more to really judge it of course, but I'd recommend that the devs create some different retaining wall segments than the same ones we see at 0:40 in the clip. The first time I watched it I actually thought for a second it was an echo of the River District. The stonework would have literally been there for eons and would have been crafted by infernal hands. The cut, fit, and quality of the stone should be different. It should have a different character. Maybe there should also be glowing red runes here and there, or glowing text in Infernal on things like lamp posts. Baator is a dark, dark place (not in terms of lighting but of evil). It is a place of and for the damned.

Um...at 0:19. What in blazes is Demogorgon doing there?! The denizens of Baator would attack him on sight!

It would be neat if the ground was cracked in places with hot gas slowly rising from it. As for the content, I'm worried about the prospect of there being only one adventure zone in Avernus. I'm not sure that will keep us going for four months or so until mod 19. Maybe if there are multiple lair quests like in Well of Dragons? Just a thought. Speaking of...

Quests, quests, and more quests. I'm really hoping there is plenty to do to minimize the feeling of repetitiveness.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, first thing that popped into my head was
    "I would tell you to go to hell​, but I think you're already there."
    line from Lord of War... can't say why...

Anyway, i hope that the Devs will find some time to bring all active companions into a usefull state again, but i'm not going to hold my breath for it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    well one thing is obvious. the years of 3+ modules a year are gone, we are now down to 1 module a year with hopefully a dungeon or skirmish add mid year.

I hope mod 18 is like mod 16, all content done in a day and nothing else to do for 12 months
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Seeing as how Hell Pit wasn't on preview and This probaby is NOT going to be on preview.....we can expect it to be broken beyonder belief than before. With more incoming nerfs. Also this will be that Lomm and Tomm will probably wind up scaled content ( aka good luck completing it ). I would like to be proven wrong. I'm serious.

Just because it's not on preview yet, doesn't mean it will never be there. As for nerfs, who knows what they will be, if at all. Usually when nerfs come it's because they need to adjust for the new stats on gear or other adjustments in the game itself. Lastly, they only scale dungeons when they become WAY too easy for players with new gear or the level cap is increased (more the later). I don't see a new level cap coming, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Its just you.
    I hope LIFESTEAL just enough to not be hold in short leash by healers that do not know the dungeon , do not know the fight, are more tanky than the tank and have somehow time enough between lousy heals to keep spamming the party chat with commands for everyone.
    =No , not all healers, of course.=
    When it was said that after mod 16 we will work as a team , it was meant 4 zombie with no brain following the healer?!
    Exactly how can I make the healer go where is need it or optimal?
    Convince between mobs on chat the 1=2 hour waited for Prima Dona?
    If the healer does not depend on dps and honestly not on the tank either and we die but the healer can go along without us, how that team work can happen in reality?
    95% of my ignore list is made by healers, not bc I am a bad person, not bc healers are bad persons but -Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Give the dps a bit of LIFESTEAL to be able to kill the tentacules when the healer is chatting, make the tank able to hold aggro and make the healer more squishy so it pays attention to the fight and depend on us too.
    Or developers might want to keep on running this Stanford prison experiment until there are no tanks left and only dps more stupid than the last healer in the game?

Well I know one can't really judge themselves, but you do sound like a bad person. I'm just pointing that out in case you really aren't. If you see a newbie not playing well, why not pm them asking if they need advice. Most often they'll listen then (if they speak your language). Not everyone knows how to play a tank well either.

If you have such a hard time with the way others play, why not only play with your alliance? My only other advice is play the role you're having issues with, or just play a single player game. Acting like this isn't going to make you many friends, therefore stuck going PUG on random queues.

EDIT: oh yea forgot to mention we do have bit of lifesteal...look at insignia bonuses.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I do hope bard or druid class or both will be part of the module. I think the last classrelease paladin was released in january so I'm hoping that we might actually see a new class this time. I do imagine the mod won't be as big as Undermountain was but I'm also hoping they add in more areas to undermountain and add more quests and content along with adding in the new mod stuff as there is still so much they can do with Undermountain. I'm hoping they don't just abandon Undermountain. But add to it over time and add the other layers from the source book module they skipped adding like the mindflayer and illithid layers. Continue that storyline and allow us to meet the mindflayer pirate spelljammer captain with the giant miniature space hamster and other stuff as well.

But I also expect that they are going to do more touch up on older zones. So I do think we will see more of that. Hopefully Infernal decent isn't to short of a module. But I do hope they add in a new class along with it or two. As well as add onto undermountain. I'm hoping at some point they do a major rehaul of the ravenloft campaign and make it a lot longer and add in other areas. So there is that they could revisit too. It was way to short and could have been done a lot better but I understand being rushed and other stuff they had to do as well. Ravenloft still has potential and could really be expanded upon I think. If they were willing that is. One thing I do hope for in a module down the line is working on stuff for the older stuff and not just the newer stuff.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    More scaling, more nerfs.....the past few mods have left me well....underwhelmed. :/

Probably gonna spend more time in Minecraft.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2019

More scaling, more nerfs.....the past few mods have left me well....underwhelmed. :/

The scaling system I do hope they just don't do that with future older content. I think item levels for future equipment and other things should remain consistent with level 80 mod 16 stuff. Maybe a little bit better but not to much. This can at least make it so they don't have to really hurt players trying to do older content but can't because they are weaker in gear they earned in module 16 then say in module nineteen in content that requires a lot of higher stats to even complete so they can't complete it. I think that more then anything drove a lot of end game players and normal players away because all their work ended up becoming not just outdated but flushed down the toilet. Thus I do hope they keep things at level eighty and balance out item levels around that for gear. Because their plan on making a lot higher item level stuff and then nerfing it by the item level scaling in previous content is a very bad business model and hurts the game.

I do think they know how bad it was in a way and I hope them maybe knowing that will prevent them from scaling down players with current content that is in the game being more punishing. I mean they did rollback the level scaling in the challenge campaigns and I imagine it was because of how bad it was. So I think they know the player base isn't happy about the item level scaling thing they did with Mod sixteen. So I hope that it isn't going to be like new dungeon is out more powerful gear now we are item level scaling the previous dungeon so it makes it even harder or even impossible to do.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User

So neither the Ring to rule them all reference got to you . You know , the movie, not the books.
    I just asked for tanks to get some love from the developers by making them able to hold aggro. As it is the main dps is the tank 95% time, 95% of the instances.
    Nobody depends on tanks now, the dps live 50 feet around the healer and the healer depends on the developers gift Ring to rule them all.
    Not only do you not know the sorrowful state of the tanks but someone dared to suggest insignia bonuses. You do not know in practice the interdependence problem and obviously can not understand it at theoretical level.
    Bring some LifeSteal back ! And not 0,005 over 20 sec garbage.

I play a pally tank/healer. When I tank i use agro skills, and even BIS top end DPS don't steal agro. I think you need to actually play one and learn the skills before you talk about tanks.

Really...nobody depends on tanks? I guess you only run low end content.

You could just quote me. I did state insignia bonuses for a reason. You asked for a bit of lifesteal. Well there ya go! By the way you can stack it a certain way...along with incoming heals to gain a lot more than what you stated. Instead of complaining here about your lack of knowledge try asking people in the game what you can do to do better. The problem isn't other players. It's you. My main is a 24k Rogue, and at times I out heal the healer. Also, I can dodge attacks!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Its just you.
    I hope LIFESTEAL just enough to not be hold in short leash by healers that do not know the dungeon , do not know the fight, are more tanky than the tank and have somehow time enough between lousy heals to keep spamming the party chat with commands for everyone.
    When it was said that after mod 16 we will work as a team , it was meant 4 zombie with no brain following the healer?!
    If the healer does not depend on dps and honestly not on the tank either and we die but the healer can go along without us, how that team work can happen in reality?
    95% of my ignore list is made by healers, not bc I am a bad person, not bc healers are bad persons but -Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Give the dps a bit of LIFESTEAL to be able to kill the tentacules when the healer is chatting, make the tank able to hold aggro and make the healer more squishy so it pays attention to the fight and depend on us too.
    Or developers might want to keep on running this Stanford prison experiment until there are no tanks left and only dps more stupid than the last healer in the game?

This sounds to me like one of those dps that do not want to follow standard party tactics, but play dungeons as they were a solo adventure.

* Do not run ahead of tank, You hear me? DO NOT RUN AHEAD OF TANK!
    * Let tank lead and do all pulls - this also would improve tank job satisfaction and contribute to get more tanks
    * Stay reasonably close to tank so healer can reach you with group heals. Don't make healer chase after you - it is ok that he doesn't. Tank is the healers priority one.
    * Do not attack mobs from the front. Bad stuff happens in the front of mobs. If you attack from behind you will take less damage and need less of those precious heals. Healers DO have limited divinity.

Dungeons is a group effort - play together. The real primadonnas are the dps that do not follow standard group tactics and thereby messes up the run for all.

I actually would like to see the dps classes made more vulnerable so the party would depend more on the tanks defensive ability.
    Some people have something to prove, I guess. I see it often in ME's: some GWF will burn up his stamina at every opportunity to sprint ahead of everyone, try to annihilate everything he can by himself, and he's always half-dead or nearly dead by the time we catch up to him. And more often than not he's jump oddly jump beating jump the jump daylights jump out jump of jump his jump space jump bar jump while trying to be the hero. That part I really don't get, but I mention it because it's so common. And then there's the players who not only run ahead but run all the way to the end of the ME while the rest of us get to clean up the stragglers. Those are the players who often need a revive by the time we slog our way to them, and then there they go again, jump beating jump the jump daylights jump out jump of jump their jump space jump bar jump just waiting for the 5-second countdown to transition to the next map -- where they'll invariably sprint off into the distance the second they get there.

Don't ask me to explain it, I'm only noting my observations. I've long since decided that I'm sticking with the group, and if the self-appointed hero gets himself killed that's on him.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    The first new level 80 campaign zone since undermountain. I'm excited
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Don't know...will have to wait and see what pops on to preview.

Its just you.

Here...just in case folks forgot about this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DxS7eT_ky4

Seems to apply in the above situation.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    My hopes for mod 18 in order of importance:

1 remove scaling, just kill it already

2 no more nerfs to any classes, especially pallys, we're in a bad enough state as is

3 new mod needs to be on the scale of Undermountain x3 at minimum. Undermountain left me wanting more.

4 no time gating, I loved that I could finish the campaign at my leisure, no dailies, no time weeklies. This was the best feature of mod 16 hands down. If I wanted to do it in a day great, if I wanted to spread it out over a week great. But being forced into doing the same task over and over and over and over and over again for 9 weeks(looking at you AI, and Uprising) is just rubbish. Also the endgame dungeon/trial/skirmish should a bit easier. Finding ToMM groups even in my guild/alliance on xbox that run at times convenient for me is nearly impossible.

• tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Jumping can also be faster than normal movement in certain situations, especially when you are going up in a slope or stairs (try to jumping climb the Castle Never spiral staircase : you will be faster than if you were simply running. I'm sometimes doing this just to outrace sorcerers/barbarians who think they can arrive first at the door of the 2nd boss :P).
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

You've committed the unforgiveable. You mentioned non-Cryptic IP. This thread is doomed for the Lower Depths.
  • I beg the developers do anything I don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just don't ruin the game for warlocks, I have invested a lot of time and effort in my main warlock and developers are f***ing ruining it!

Please don't ruin it anymore.
    If u cant make your mind about warlock just bring in a free class/job re-roll token or similar to all warlocks because I cant abandon something which I have put so much effort in...
    :anguished: :angry:
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

Sounds like we will be getting a new zone and Dungeon. Any hopes, ideas , ect???

Hopes? You joking here m8 right?