2»

Comments

• gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    > @exgardian said:
    > Be more realistic, guys!

Ok so no fixes then. I want a hat to hide my tiefling horns
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    1. Provide the ability to turn off XP rewards so we can freeze a character at a certain level and enjoy the content instead of being forced to rush to level 80 before completing areas between Whispering Caverns and Undermountain (all pre-Mod 15 campaign areas). Campaign tokens already provide an alternative for existing players.

2. Remove all 'free gear' from game (Barovian gear, Undermountain base gear) let the players acquire gear by systematically going through all the campaigns in sequence if they have not bought completion tokens. You've totally ruined the story arcs and player experience by jumping to the end game.

3. Stop providing in-game drops that are better than crafted equipment. Either you have a Profession system, or you don 't. You ruined tool crafting by lockbox Legendary tool introduction, and by level 70-80 tool recipes that eliminated all mastercrafting value.

And the 2 Most important principles that should be there anyway....

1. Be Consistent. Tool Tips should accurately describe items and match quest journal entries. Level 70 areas should contain level 70 content/mobs not some random higher level enemies (e.g. Tyranny - fixed Ghost Stories and Barrow Demolition, but did not change missions in Icespire Peak, Rothe Valley or Whispering Caverns).

2. Provide a complete implementation of something. If you add 10 levels, you need to add 10 levels to crafting, companions, insignias, stronghold equipment, lockbox rewards, skill node rewards, adventure boxes, event rewards, event scaling (e.g. Siege). Don't release something until it is *all* complete and tested. When you decide to remove skirmishes, remove the NPCs and quests that request players to do them.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited November 2019

As for variety, you're right that equipment was a one way to go (and it keeps being like that). But for feats, boons, etc. at least for warlock (which is what i can most talk about) If you had your loadouts you could run hb fury for aoe and soulbinder fury for st, plus hb templock, and damnation was not completely bad to be honest, very situational but it had its uses.

The boons didn't have "that" much choice: most of them were the extra stat points chasing you'd see now. And of the boons with a non "increase (x) stat by (y)%," most of them fell into the "pick the least bad choice" problem.

Was there any reason to pick Drow Ambush Tactics, a 1.1x multiplier to your Combat Advantage damage, over (snickers) Regen?

For the final Tyranny of Dragons old boons, why would I pick the healing bonus when Crit Severity and Lifesteal were offered?

At what point did anyone worry that much about grinding out every last Storm King Thunder capstone?

Why would anyone purposely build the structure that boosts the effectiveness of Slayer overloads versus the Power boon, ArmorPen boon, or even Crit Severity boon?

So on and so forth with most of the more impactful/capstone boons. Really, the presentation of boons and feats just swapped.

For pally also, i don't recall the builds because i didn't play it intesively, but you had at least 2 ways to go on tank spec and the healadin burnadin and all those adins.

Paladin was pretty much played as Justice path only. The intended tank (Bulwark) and heals (Light) paths didn't refresh survivability as well as Justice (couldn't allow you to spam Templar's Wrath) and was plain overkill for healing, respectively. Yes, even the silly Burnadin and boring AFKadin were Justice.

Now its like "use this and this, nothing else". Even recalling dreadtheft (which i never liked) but before it had kind of a use to place a debuff, now zero XD

Yep. Homogenizing everyone to follow the exact same base damage formula is for "class balance."

Hypothetical "balance" aside, it's boring when your feats, passives, and class mechanics don't drastically change how you approach combat. Most extra mechanics more or less a meter/extra button to press for some slight bonus. You still play the same way as you did at level 20, just with new powers and a meter that mostly serve to annoy you.

I'd rather see the differences of classes emphasized so the choice of class matters besides "which animations and range do you like the best?"
    exgardian said:

Be more realistic, guys!

2. Remove all 'free gear' from game (Barovian gear, Undermountain base gear) let the players acquire gear by systematically going through all the campaigns in sequence if they have not bought completion tokens. You've totally ruined the story arcs and player experience by jumping to the end game.

Seems mostly like a business decision to me: attract the people who come for the setting, give them what they want, and hopefully they'll drop a little bit of money before leaving. Or, if they stay, possibly drop more money in the future while exploring the rest of the game.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    per the stream you might want to change the title to mod 20
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @thefiresidecat I saw that someone asked about mod 19 and they laughed and said they skipped over mod 18 and went to 19. Later someone asked about mod 20. I watched the first 20 to 30 minutes live then got bored and went back to the game. I tried to give away a free deep crow mount in PE twice today, but no one took it. There was some guild ads and some people asking about joining guilds. When I returned I watched the video and found nothing new to be said, as Julia states at the beginning it was a filler video.

Ok 3 things I would like in Module 18 (that is not going to happen) I am avoiding "repairs" and talking about improvements.
    1. Content - A good story arc that tells a complete journey. Something that doesn't leave the player dangle off the edge of a bottomless pit. Actual content pertaining to the Forgotten Realms universe and not a mess of childish kids jokes on instant repeat. Make the story the grind, players should need key information from NPCs to continue and not just wade past meaningless dialog with the skip button.
    2. User Content - I know the Foundry is gone forever. Without the ability to be interactive with the community, this game may as well be just another offline single player with a multiplayer option. They should be working at keeping what remains of our community together. There needs to be a sense of community and Random Queues is not the answer.
    3. Follow Up - What happened to our original quartet of heroes? After Makos gives the "big reveal" in Chult they dry up and blow away? That is not an ending. We see Celeste in the Undermountain but she is all business, to what point? She doesn't give us insight to Knox, Xuna, or Makos. For all I know about them, Knox dumped her, left for Chult and married Makos. Xuna is a virtual untapped resource as we still don't know much about her, even after Storm King's Thunder. Does she even know about Makos?
    wb-cenders.gif

@thefiresidecat I saw that someone asked about mod 19 and they laughed and said they skipped over mod 18 and went to 19. Later someone asked about mod 20. I watched the first 20 to 30 minutes live then got bored and went back to the game. I tried to give away a free deep crow mount in PE twice today, but no one took it. There was some guild ads and some people asking about joining guilds. When I returned I watched the video and found nothing new to be said, as Julia states at the beginning it was a filler video.

Ok 3 things I would like in Module 18 (that is not going to happen) I am avoiding "repairs" and talking about improvements.

1. Content - A good story arc that tells a complete journey. Something that doesn't leave the player dangle off the edge of a bottomless pit. Actual content pertaining to the Forgotten Realms universe and not a mess of childish kids jokes on instant repeat. Make the story the grind, players should need key information from NPCs to continue and not just wade past meaningless dialog with the skip button.
    2. User Content - I know the Foundry is gone forever. Without the ability to be interactive with the community, this game may as well be just another offline single player with a multiplayer option. They should be working at keeping what remains of our community together. There needs to be a sense of community and Random Queues is not the answer.
    3. Follow Up - What happened to our original quartet of heroes? After Makos gives the "big reveal" in Chult they dry up and blow away? That is not an ending. We see Celeste in the Undermountain but she is all business, to what point? She doesn't give us insight to Knox, Xuna, or Makos. For all I know about them, Knox dumped her, left for Chult and married Makos. Xuna is a virtual untapped resource as we still don't know much about her, even after Storm King's Thunder. Does she even know about Makos?
    I only watched the first few minutes. julia called out this thread saying that requesting this for mod 18 was way behind the program that they were already working 2 or 3 mods out right now.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Doesn't matter either way, cause even if they would care about the thread, they would implement it upsidedown

Edit: Second thought: doesn't matter, I try not to care.
    - bye bye -
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    "We have 'stuff' happening next week."

I'm guessing that a Mod 18 announcement will coincide with Hell Pit.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited November 2019
    I deem all of these to be "realistic"...

1. I'd like to be able to claim my account-wide Foundry rewards for new alts (titles, cloaks). That stopped the second the Foundry went dark.
    2. I'd like to second the call for the snowy stag you see in Nostura's demi-plane.
    3. Since my new **favorite** alt is my dwarf/powrie half breed, I think a mushroom throne is appropriate.
    4. Redcap chest/arm/foot pieces should not be tied to any particular class so we can put together a complete set.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Seeing the posts and I noticed that almost nobody talks about a MW reboot and, specially, a new class.

Well, I think nobody cares about a new class in the next 7 modules.
    2fv72Fw.png
    exgardian said:

Seeing the posts and I noticed that almost nobody talks about a MW reboot and, specially, a new class.

I would like a mw reboot where mw is actually relevant again with things worth having. new class I honestly don't care about with the way things are right now. there was functional room for another class when buff debuff support was a thing. but with tank heals dps.. what do we need another class for? everything is covered. it seems like they have their plates full just trying to get the game to work even fractionally.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    exgardian said:

They can't keep the classes they have now "balanced" and in wholly working order in relation to other classes, why would any reasonable person ask for new classes only to exacerbate the problem?

I used to think new classes would be a good thing, but after all the complaints about character powers and balance I kind of figure what we have should be good enough... especially if the introduction of a new class is going to start the complaint cycle about powers and balance all over again.

As for Masterworks, as I said few except the top tier players who seem to be mostly bored with actually playing the game seems to be interested in anything having to do with Masterworks professions, it isn't like the old professions or even MW system and since most of the people in Neverwinter aren't top tiered players, nor completely bored with regular game content, placating those calling for MW rework is only catering to a select few and by my estimation not even a majority of players so yeah, almost nobody talks about (or is concerned with) a MW reboot.
    ¢¢

DD~
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

exgardian said:

Be more realistic, guys!

what are you talking about? mine were prescient. I'm tired of disappoint so I've decided to embrace the bear.
    Be careful when hugging bears. You will probably come to a sticky end...
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    1. Upgrade the Professions to Rank 5. Gives each player the ability to sell to Adventuring groups, City Armed forces and police, Noble Armed Forces and police, etc. for real amounts of Gold (e.g. a suit of plate armor could sell for 1200 gold, Magic armors +1-+6, could sell for 10,000 gp [sorry, scrip not acceptable]) with the cap in artisans raised to 40, multiple artisans usable per project and deadlines of 1 week (to outfit an adventuring party of 5) to 3 months (to supply 500 sets of Masterworks V armor to the Purple Dragon Knights) of Real Time. Failure to meet the deadline you don't get paid, but can sell the completed items through Trade or AH.
    2. Put the Tales of Old Dungeons back in service as Regular and Epic Dungeons.
    3. Turn this game into a Regular D&D experience and get rid of a lot of the MMO garbage.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    As Julia said it's too late for Mod 18.

So here's a new list:
    I'm hoping I don't get disappointed.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    This is just my opinion (and I have NO inside information), but judging by what was said during the last livestream, Mod 18 will be announced this week, with a special livestream to discuss it this Friday. I'm 100% certain of it. Perhaps it will be called Avernus, or Baator, or The Nine Hells, but regardless that's where I think we are going. Cue Hudson, "Express elevator to Hell, going down!"
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

This is just my opinion (and I have NO inside information), but judging by what was said during the last livestream, Mod 18 will be announced this week, with a special livestream to discuss it this Friday. I'm 100% certain of it. Perhaps it will be called Avernus, or Baator, or The Nine Hells, but regardless that's where I think we are going. Cue Hudson, "Express elevator to Hell, going down!"

You're right !!

2fv72Fw.png
    Next prediction: Mod 19 will take us deeper into Baator.

Now we need some more meat than that little teaser!
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    1:It is a small thing, could be whipped up in minutes likely.
    A Staff companion. A glittering ornate wizard staff that floats around and buffs the player while occasionally Crumping your foes over the noggin.

2:Less likely but would make more sense lore wise, is have wizards Carry Grimoires and spell books instead of ambulates. It always felt like warlock and wizard had that reversed when they were created. ( Yes i know wizard was a Debut class while warlock came a year or so later, i mean in their design documents the mix up occurred. )

3: A Druid class. Bu i know that is likely not in mod 18.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
This discussion has been closed.