test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant Pull a Legendary

2»

Comments

• gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

When you start racking up 4 hours a day 7 days a week, you are working a part time job. I say 4 hours because this is what Cryptic Studios suggests by the invoking of characters; 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes comes to 4 hours. Not everyone will stay online to complete it, but some people do. If I am full invoking, I watch an episode of NCIS on TV at the 45 minute timer, return invoke and find another show or do my crafts for an hour, etc..

Hmm! You do that at different time and don't need to hang around to wait for it. It is like saying I am eating for 10 hours because I do once in the morning, another one 4 hour later and another one 6 hours later.
    Those have time to access the game in various hours 6 times can do that.
    Yeah... sure.... with optimal circumstances it takes just about 5 minutes total, or even less (log in - inovke - log out).

But try that trick with 50+ toons....

Anyway - good thing is - its optional - you dont have to do this, you can buy for real money anything this game have to offer, or spent time grinding for it, or play market for it - its your call.

I am fine with every way players do that.

BUT

The real bottom line here is that there are some players who refuse both - paying or spending time in game (playing or grinding) but expect to "not be left behind". Somehow they expect that if a game is "free to play", it should represent not only no real money fees but also free/easy access to any item/content or achivement avilable in game.

Another thing is how much a "free to play" game is rewarding for its "free" customers in comparison to paying customer

Last event is a perfect example of it - sure you could spent tens of hours to be able to play multi editions of Tales of Old, facing all its bugs, missing currencies etc. OR you could spent about 10k of ZENs and 5 minutes to get all of that gear without any effort (somehow those purchases are completly bug free :D).

IMHO due to last changes (since Barovia MOD) Neverwinter is heading towards the point that even a heavy grinding player wont be able to cover his expenses with simply playing this game content.
    I belive we can openly say that options to earn ADs are dwindling with every MOD.
    Not sure if its a breaking point already, but I bet we are close.

• tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    gripnir78 said:

Yeah... sure.... with optimal circumstances it takes just about 5 minutes total, or even less (log in - inovke - log out).

Mmmhh. I've got 38 toons, all are stationned at blacklake as it is one of the quickest map to load (only emporium and taverns load faster i think). If i only have to invoke and take the purple VIP bag, i can do all 38 in less than 5 minutes, maybe 6min with the time spent on the launcher + first load of the game.

There is a command that you can bind to a key that let you go directly to the character selection (which save lot of clics in the menu when you have an alt army), you can even combine invoke+return to character selection on one key by using a commandaliases file (which is perfectly authorized, i precise :P https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232527/pc-reference-aliases-keybinds for some other exemples).
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I've tried that invoke keybind before, and found that it would often not credit the invoke for one reason or another. Very annoying.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

IMHO due to last changes (since Barovia MOD) Neverwinter is heading towards the point that even a heavy grinding player wont be able to cover his expenses with simply playing this game content.
    I belive we can openly say that options to earn ADs are dwindling with every MOD.
    Not sure if its a breaking point already, but I bet we are close.

Seriously? I'm having exactly zero issue refilling my bank account. Between being able to max out my rAD refining each day MEs make that super easy), and selling stuff on the AH, I'm doing just fine. I'm not *filthy* rich, and nowhere near the AD cap, but I'm certainly not hurting for AD. Rough estimate would be that I'm banking about 200k AD daily (between refining and AH sales), based on my shared bank total since my last Zen order.

edited November 2019
    cdnbison said:

I've tried that invoke keybind before, and found that it would often not credit the invoke for one reason or another. Very annoying.

True (the reason may be that the latency is not long enough between the two invoke+change. Works fine when the game is laggy :P but not when it's smooth xD).
    You can make a separate bind only for changing toon (what I do : ctrl+I [invoke] then 0.5sec after ctrl+U [return to character selection] ). It's still faster and better than escape/aim/clic/clic.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

gripnir78 said:

Mmmhh. I've got 38 toons, all are stationned at blacklake as it is one of the quickest map to load (only emporium and taverns load faster i think). If i only have to invoke and take the purple VIP bag, i can do all 38 in less than 5 minutes, maybe 6min with the time spent on the launcher + first load of the game.

There is a command that you can bind to a key that let you go directly to the character selection (which save lot of clics in the menu when you have an alt army), you can even combine invoke+return to character selection on one key by using a commandaliases file (which is perfectly authorized, i precise :P https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232527/pc-reference-aliases-keybinds for some other exemples).
    It can be fast except somehow Cryptic created a delay to get the full XP bonus. Need to wait about 10 seconds for that to trigger. I reported that and was ignored, not even flagged as acknowledged. Sigh!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited November 2019
    Mmmh, didn't noticed that, my latests rerolls created during Neverember recrutment and who did tutorial until level 11 then only invoke since then, nothing else, had level up from level 11 to 59 only with praying in 3 weeks (yeah obviously have some good guild xp bonus and high rank blue enchants ^^).
    Some of my bigger alts had one comp who leveled up also only thanks to the praying during the first november week end.
    I keep getting my overleveling rewards at a reasonnable rate (maybe something 1 reward/toon every 2 days or so, slower than when it was level 70 max but seems normal as the amount of xp needed for overleveling is higher now) even if i'm loging in-invoking and then logout in less than 5 sec.
    The bonus xp bar (light blue after the blue) seems filling with a reasonnable amount right after invoking. [edit : tested and noticed a little delay, it's true, but it's less than 1 second after the invoke, nothing more after 10 sec waiting. Will test it again on the 90 min pray as the bonus is bigger so will be more easy to notice something delayed 10sec on the xp bar]
    Are you sure i'm missing some XP bonus doing fast login/invoke/logout ?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Mmmh, didn't noticed that, my latests rerolls created during Neverember recrutment and who did tutorial until level 11 then only invoke since then, nothing else, had level up from level 11 to 59 only with praying in 3 weeks (yeah obviously have some good guild xp bonus and high rank blue enchants ^^).
    Some of my bigger alts had one comp who leveled up also only thanks to the praying during the first november week end.
    I keep getting my overleveling rewards at a reasonnable rate (maybe something 1 reward/toon every 2 days or so, slower than when it was level 70 max but seems normal as the amount of xp needed for overleveling is higher now) even if i'm loging in-invoking and then logout in less than 5 sec.
    The bonus xp bar (light blue after the blue) seems filling with a reasonnable amount right after invoking. [edit : tested and noticed a little delay, it's true, but it's less than 1 second after the invoke, nothing more after 10 sec waiting. Will test it again on the 90 min pray as the bonus is bigger so will be more easy to notice something delayed 10sec on the xp bar]
    Are you sure i'm missing some XP bonus doing fast login/invoke/logout ?

I believe it is about where the XP bonus comes from. I have the initial XP bonus which (say) 150. It takes way more than 1 second for it to become (say) 300. This is what I usually do. Login. Bring up inventory. Pick up the character bag. Bring up workshop. Clear the delivery box. Then, check the XP bar (not the bar but the box) and wait for the number to change.
    The XP bonus I talked about is not showed in the bar but one number within a box that shows up when you move the mouse to the bar. Usually, it is about 10 seconds.

This delay happens when you change instance too. That is why when I jump back to quest giver instance, I need to make sure my XP bonus is 'proper' before I get the quest reward. Most of the time I have to wait.

Basically, the XP bonus is reset every time when you go into an instance. Take N seconds for it to become 'proper'. That has nothing to do with invocation. You don't have to wait to check that out (if you have XP bonus). Probably, XP bonus is not the only stat that get reset and then become proper after N seconds when you go into an instance.

Edit: I have just checked. From finishing loadingt the instance to the XP bonus getting the proper value, it took from 7.7 seconds to 9 seconds (I used a stop watch to verify).
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***