test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm King’s Thunder Campaign - Can’t Pick Up Repeatable Quests

The repeatable quest givers in Bryn Shander and Lonelywood have greyed out exclamation marks above their heads meaning that I can’t pick up most of the repeatable quests. I haven’t done anything in Cold Run yet apart from hand in the lead quest. I have done a lot of questing in Sea of Moving Ice while doing the treasure maps.

On the Campaign tree, I have 5 reputation with both the Arcane Brotherhood and the Storm Giants but none with the Elk Tribe. I can’t find anyone to take my fish which I think is what I need for that.

The repeatable quest givers say that I must obtain or have completed the quest “Defending the Dale”. I check the completed quests in my journal and under the Cold Run section, it says that I have completed Defending the Dale – despite not having quested there.

Am I bugged or will it all come right when I quest in Cold Run? I can’t go there at present as the party I quest with are behind in the campaign.

I have been endlessly searching for help with this but can't find what I need; I must be missing something simple I think or there would be many sources of information.

Many thanks.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Once you are sent to Cold Run, you are required to finish the intro quests there before any more daily quests will be available. Red Ice is the final quest that you must finish. Once this is done, Defending the Dale will be available again, however initially you will be stuck doing quests there before you return to the previous 3 areas.

The Fishmonger in Sea of Moving Ice is up in the raised area at the start. Leaving from the gang plank of the ship, it is to the right. You would jave talked to her during the intro quests for SoMI. She buys fish through her store.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    pitshade said:

Once you are sent to Cold Run, you are required to finish the intro quests there before any more daily quests will be available. Red Ice is the final quest that you must finish. Once this is done, Defending the Dale will be available again, however initially you will be stuck doing quests there before you return to the previous 3 areas.

The Fishmonger in Sea of Moving Ice is up in the raised area at the start. Leaving from the gang plank of the ship, it is to the right. You would jave talked to her during the intro quests for SoMI. She buys fish through her store.

Thank you for your post. I had the same issue with some characters, bc I used buy out tokens. I even wrote a bug report on it. No answer so far.

Everyone can make up his mind about the fact, that you will have to complete the introduction in Cold Run, to get quests in SOMI, AFTER you bought a buy out token. Let alone the outstanding support.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • symphonia#1951 symphonia Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    pitshade said:

That is really helpful thank you. Strange I missed the fishmonger - I must go around with my eyes shut!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

pitshade said:

That is really helpful thank you. Strange I missed the fishmonger - I must go around with my eyes shut!
    It is easy to miss even if you had your eyes "open". :)
    You need to climb the hill to see her.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Or just follow your nose...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.