test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players resistant to heals

jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
I have noticed in recent days, there is an issue with healing players.

I have a level 80 Cleric for healing.
She has 120K power, 83K critical strike, 82% crit severity, and 29% Outgoing healing
For myself, this is usually sufficient for healing through any trial, skirmish, or dungeon through LOMM.
My main heal encounter is Bastion of Health, so I notice this more with this encounter than any other.
The healing resistance I am experiencing, is not as bad if I do Blessing of Light (at will) before each BoH.

When my party starts out, and a player is damaged, when I heal them there is an immediate healing resistance effect. It is almost like there is a barrier, or I need to heal them for a certain amount before my BoH fully works on them.

Once I have reached a certain level of heals on them, I observe one of two things:

IF THE TARGET PLAYER HAS SOME INCOMING HEALING:
If the target player has incoming healing, all is fine, and my heals work as intended. Blessing of Light is no longer needed for each BoH.

IF THE TARGET PLAYER HAS NO INCOMING HEALING:
If the target player has NO incoming healing, my heals may work a little, or may not work on them, leaving them with no heals. In this case, I need to spam them with BoH or Intercession for them to regain hit points. For the intercession to work, I must be right next to them, and they heal to half health.

This has mainly effected my cleric. I have seen this happen on healing paladins, and warlocks to a lesser extent.
imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The bug has been reported on the threads by others as well. Heals just seem to miss some players completely at times.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

What we call a bug is a predictable effect, just not an intended one.

Incorrect. There are many bugs that are not predictable and very hard to reproduce, like bugs caused by race conditions for instance.

The bug reported in this thread is very easy to reproduce, though. Just make a healer and you'll see that, many times, heals are not applied to all players inside the healing radius.

I see that you like to dismiss reports and blame healers, so here's some video proof that I hope will convince you. It was posted on Reddit some time ago. You can clearly see the Paladin casting his heal 2 times before dying, and many players inside the area weren't healed and didn't get shields:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_jAZ15otEs
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @carloswartune#5709

On your video, you see someone using frozen story teller. This artifact will invoke some minions to fight with you, and this minions can be shielded, but it looks like the shield spell has a limit in the number of target:

Suppose that the limit of target affected by shield is 10, if someone summon 3 minions ( who can be shieldable ), there will be 13 targets, and so some people may not recieve healing.

That's the bug you talk about while speaking by "resistant to heals"
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Proof from your video:

• carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2019

@carloswartune#5709

On your video, you see someone using frozen story teller. This artifact will invoke some minions to fight with you, and this minions can be shielded, but it looks like the shield spell has a limit in the number of target:

Suppose that the limit of target affected by shield is 10, if someone summon 3 minions ( who can be shieldable ), there will be 13 targets, and so some people may not recieve healing.

That's the bug you talk about while speaking by "resistant to heals"

Interesting. Sharpedge's Wizard Guide mentions that damaging AoE powers were normalized in M16 to always hit a maximum of 15 targets (each power had its own limit before). I wonder if it's the same limit for heals? If so, changing the way healing works so that players have priority over other entities when receiving heals (and shields) would probably be a good idea.

I've also seen heals fail when there are less targets, but I think it was probably the same thing where some DPS skills enter on cooldown and don't deal damage. Seems to be related to moving while casting, so it's somewhat avoidable. I've never seen this happen before M16, but I didn't really play that much back then. EDIT: Now that I think of it, I've only seen this happen with Intersection, the single target Cleric emergency heal that has a cooldown.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I use healing word which gives a good visual of who it is supposed to be affecting and you can clearly see it not work on some characters. For 5 player group play I always presumed that intercession was being wasted on someones companion instead of the party member that clearly needed it. (as near as I can tell all my healing powers also affect companions as well.) I have also had my augment companions get healed as well even though their HP bar sits at zero when summoned.

For larger groups I just presumed that intercession was healing someone even though it was not someone in my party.
  • jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    The dungeons I run most often are 5 player dungeons.

Besides having an initial healing resistance, once it is gone, if the player has incoming heals, they are good with one BoH.

If they have no incoming healing, my heals are very small in comparison, or do not apply, taking 3 to 4 BoH.

I have seen healers that focus on tanks only, but with my healing, yes, I do watch all health bars, and am happy to heal any DPS with aggro. Since BoH is area only, and not all players, I find it does not use up my divinity as quickly.
    imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
  • rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User

That does not sound like a bug. What does -some players- means? Even a bug must have a reason and a logical outcome.
    What we call a bug is a predictable effect, just not an intended one.
    - Some players are missed by heals- sounds like the perfect excuse in the world, I quite envy the fact that I can not say - some mobs are missed by hits- is a bug not bad dps.
    Are you sure healers do not heal the aggro holder, the one with the little RED bar above the hp bar?

2 problems with your "expert" analysis:

1) As a dps player there have been instances when mobs are missed by hits, Hindering Strike will activate and go to cool down and not administer any damage what so ever. This "bug" has been reported multiple times and actually happens quite often. Bad DPS or bug?

2) Your snarky comments about aggro bar colors, and alluding to the fact that because someone reports something they must be bad at their roles, is amazingly well thought out commentary and has unbelievably accurate constructive criticism and is a testament to your helpfulness in this community. Please keep up the good work, and continue to bless us with your wisdom!!

(I really hope you notice the sarcasm in the writing, if not I will be happy to define it for you)
    Fight with honor, die with glory!