test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ME, WE, and FE are ruining this game

jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited November 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems that's all everyone wants to do. Change the frequency from daily to weekly and save Neverwinter!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    1. You don't have to do it. I have stopped doing that for over a month.
    2. You can change it to weekly yourself and I had been doing that for a long time. Pick up the quests daily and do them all in the weekend in one shot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @plasticbat

I think he means that he's upset because he can't find people who wants to do other things than WE, ME and FE.

I think he wants more people to be available to do other things with him.

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Yeah, remove the one thing people find worth doing in this game - that solves the root of the problem perfectly.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I doubt that I am anyone that the OP would be looking to do things with, but I feel fairly safe in saying that I am not really that into running ME, WE, or FE because I don't know what they are.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited November 2019

I doubt that I am anyone that the OP would be looking to do things with, but I feel fairly safe in saying that I am not really that into running ME, WE, or FE because I don't know what they are.

Master Exploration, Warden Exploration and Fragment Exploration (I hope I got that right). The first one is from mod 16 and the last 2 are from mod 17.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • shocke89shocke89 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Honestly... I started playing shortly before mod 16... I know next to none of the epic dungeons and barely know the trials... but i know the me's and the we's and fe's by heart... so if you have a few chars that can do them they are easy way of getting your ad cap everyday....I know some of you are going to say but you can run two randoms and get a major chunk of that.. well when you qeue up and get in a group and that group is rude to you because you simply don't know the instance...it makes you not want to qeue anymore...I have a decently geared Justicar pally right now... who i refuse to tank groups with.. simply because everytime i have taken a dps toon (have five of them) into a epic dungeon qeue.. the others are like rush rush rush and not take the time to enjoy anything.. and expect everyone else to follow their lead...and many times they are not even a class that can tank well...Rogues are not tanks... rangers are not tanks... yet those two classes i see all the time running into boss fights and trying to tank it because the tank is not max running speed and lags behind.. guess what i am saying is.. the playerbase is a problem for grouping...it has gotten toxic... I'm in a few guilds... and guess what.. doesn't help...being in a guild is like your are back in high school.. with all the cliches. but you need the guild for the boons. the main problem i see tho... is the expectation of the playerbase of you to be almost max chant and max booned the second you hit 80...the only way to fix this is for the dev's to quit time gating old campaigns or expecting real money to skip them...another is to get more away from the willy nilly stype of builds... aka.. right now i run two loadouts on each toon.. one single target and one aoe.. cause guess what...Because our loadouts are limited to so many slots... aka on pc we have a bunch of key board keys that are wide open... but we can not slot skills into those keys. but that just some of the issues i see myself... I'll stop ranting now.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

Seems that's all everyone wants to do. Change the frequency from daily to weekly and save Neverwinter!

So.... you want a 90% of this game population, only resonable content left, to be gated?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I dont run ME anymore, but my mind implodes everytime I see someone posting HAMSTER like this.
    How is a 100% OPTIONAL game content ruining anything?

MEs are hell boring if you do them every day ofc, like any other thing in the game. But ME are a great way for new players to catch up, with easy content and good gear to obtain. New players need help to catch up and progress to enter other dungeons or the game is really ruined.

So its the opposite, Expeditions are saving the game being a bridge between new level 80 chars that just did the game tutorial (level up), and people with mid Item Level doing dungeons. Also, they can get some AD if they are lucky to keep progressing.

If you dont like them dont do them but stop posting nonsense.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    How in the world is ME,FE and WE worth calling "reasonable content". Dear lord, what has this community succumbed to.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    sobi#1980 said:

How in the world is ME,FE and WE worth calling "reasonable content". Dear lord, what has this community succumbed to.

Not community, but game content. Keep in mind that TOMM is not meant for every one.

So since April 2019 - MOD 16 - expedition of any sorts are in fact the only source or resonable for new players (or BIS for all players companions) gear left in game, so effectively only worthwile content left for not TOMM ready players.

And if you are new/coming back player - thats the place for you.
    If you want to create another playable toon - thats the place for you
    If you are regular TOMM runner - its not the place for you - but you were here.
    Simple as that

• mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    i don't think it's the expeditions ruining the game as much as the scaling...including scaling back the rewards for the time we spend playing. i haven't had much of a problem finding other players doing content i like doing...lomm, cn, codg, rtq, redq and a few other things here and there. There's slow times and busy times, so if you feel it seems like that's all everyone wants to do then you're probably either looking in the wrong places or at an inconvenient time. to say expeditions is all everyone wants to do is highly over-exaggerated though.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @sobi#1980 said:
    > How in the world is ME,FE and WE worth calling "reasonable content". Dear lord, what has this community succumbed to.

I know. They were reasonable when they were first introduced. Now: meh.

That said, I still run them every now and then :)
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

sobi#1980 said:

Not community, but game content. Keep in mind that TOMM is not meant for every one.

So since April 2019 - MOD 16 - expedition of any sorts are in fact the only source or resonable for new players (or BIS for all players companions) gear left in game, so effectively only worthwile content left for not TOMM ready players.

Simple as that

Running the same quest day after day after is not content, it is a chore and many MMO's have shot themselves on the foot by following down that path. No one wants the MMO to be a side job. The reason i specifically mentioned the community is because i can't see how you can enjoy ME's... after repeating them for a month. Chores are never a decent content for any MMO, especially time gated ones.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

gripnir78 said:

sobi#1980 said:

Simple as that

Running the same quest day after day after is not content, it is a chore and many MMO's have shot themselves on the foot by following down that path. No one wants the MMO to be a side job. The reason i specifically mentioned the community is because i can't see how you can enjoy ME's... after repeating them for a month. Chores are never a decent content for any MMO, especially time gated ones.
    Agree. I want an MMO to offer a variety of stuff to do.

I don't want it to feel like a "side job" either, which is what Neverwinter has become over the past year or so.

Last night I just about bothered to run Hell Pit and then gave up on 2 RTQs due to stupidity and bad playstyles.