test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A six-ounce spiderling should not be able to knock us flying from 20 feet away

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
I'm getting really sick of this nonsense. It makes zero sense. Enemies that are much larger, heaver, and stronger can't come close to this. It feels cheap and sadistic. Please knock it off.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    LOL I agree! If a spiderling landed with that much force, it would die instantly. When they reduced the size sometime back, I think they forgot to reduce the 'weight'...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    A lot of things about mobs seem to be a bit over powered since the updates...

Anyone notice how fast a lot of mob characters move in different dungeons?

Seems like someone took away player movement speed and gave it to the mobs.

My 2¢
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I'm getting really sick of this nonsense. It makes zero sense. Enemies that are much larger, heaver, and stronger can't come close to this. It feels cheap and sadistic. Please knock it off.

You can't let yourself be held back by common sense.

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Do you mean these spiders? The ones with the sticks of TNT on the way to the Bonegrinder??

I have recently bumped into them. They make about same amount of sense as the tiny scarecrows becoming hulks with knock downs right after you kill the spider witch. We never did get a decent reason why they made the scarecrows so pathetic in Barovia. The scarecrows in Loneywood still are respectable. The audio roar and slow attack of the mini scarecrows allows me ample time to walk away from these attacks. I waited on this attack for the screenshot.

These spiders are easy to kill but they don't make sense with their pounce being a blast, knock-up and knock-back. I know about them and can put them down before this attack happens. So what is the real point of making these things so predictable? I am sure any of the Foundry authors can tell you. They have a limited library of attacks, someone at Cryptic got this "idea", to make the spiders and scarecrows different. They replaced the scarecrows with hulks (most pathetic) and skinned them as tiny scarecrows. I am not impressed.

To any developer who stumbles across this thread; We are not complaining these are too hard, they just don't make sense. Magic can only be used as a scapegoat so often before the user understands what you are really doing. Being a Foundry author gave me insight into what limitations you have to work with in this game. You have 50 different flavors of watermelons but only a few scripts on how enemies attack. Time to get creative and stop falling back on "Hulk Smash" as your primary attacks.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The mod 16 mob changes are a pet peeve of mine but it's amusing when they go so hilariously wrong and end up aiding the player. It's pretty easy for any of my characters to kill yetis in IWP while they're locked into their self buffing and thus dealing no damage. The skeleton spearmen in Chult now fling themselves so far that the player can drop combat and interact with something they were guarding. One mob in a pack will knock the player back, effectively saving them from the much harder hitting attack another mob was preparing...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother