test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changing Deity

Although at this point in the game, a toon's deity has little or no effect on the game. However, I still would like to change the deity one or two of my toons. I did mention this during a livestream sometime ago and "mimicking#6533" DID mention that it was 'an idea' I think were his words. :)

One suggestion that I could make, is to tie the ability to change a toons' deity to the "Challenge of the Gods" event, seems logical.

Thanks!
Guild: Noble Misfits
Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Dieties have never mattered, not at this point in the game or any other. It was always just for RP or because someone liked a title that came with a certain diety for whatever reason.

This is also something that I and probably some others have suggested here before, too.

I thought that it should have been included in race changes. If you are a Dwarf then you may take Moradin as your diety, for example, no matter your class.

But if you change races and now you are an elf or a halfling or anything other than a dwarf, Moradin may not fit at all.

Same with Corellon. An elf rogue might worship him, but a dwarf rogue? Makes no sense.

But yes, there should be ways to do this in-game as well. Set a limit on how often you can run it or whatever, but I think that a solo mission line should be inserted for this. Something for your character to do to show that they are committed to their new diety.

Just to satisfy people that want to see the content without switching, allow a full choice at the end so people can pick the same diety if they want to stick with what they have.

But hey, while they are at it, maybe add some more dieties to the line-up and/or make some changes if they need to line things up with 5E.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

But yes, there should be ways to do this in-game as well. Set a limit on how often you can run it or whatever, but I think that a solo mission line should be inserted for this. Something for your character to do to show that they are committed to their new diety.

Just to satisfy people that want to see the content without switching, allow a full choice at the end so people can pick the same diety if they want to stick with what they have.

But hey, while they are at it, maybe add some more dieties to the line-up and/or make some changes if they need to line things up with 5E.

I didn't mention it before, but I agree. A solo mission, which could be the same for every deity with only the text changing, was what I was thinking. Open only during the "Challenge of the Gods" event from the Speaker of AO (I think that is his name). And, I agree fully that this should be limited to once per event (so once per year). Adding more deities would also be cool, after all - dragonborn have their own gods too. :)

Another thought that I had was an artifact that was deity-based. All of them would/should have the same powers/stats but like the Dragon Sigils, a boost in powers (damage for example) if the toon has the same deity as the artifact. The dragon sigils give a 20% damage boost for the dragonborn race, so something similar would be cool IMHO. If not an artifact, an items that goes into the potion-slots, like "Tymora's Coin"...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger