test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I interpreting this equip bonus correctly?

autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
edited November 2019 in PvE Discussion
There are a few items in the game that have the below Equip Bonus.

“When you damage or heal your target for more than 15% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, you gain 1% of your health back?”

So, does this mean if I have a toon with 300K HP I have to hit (or heal) an enemy with 15% of 300K for 345K of damage (HP) to receive 3,000 HP in return?

That seems a poor return on investment to me.

There is a nice 1000K level armour I got in a ME but it gives that bonus but if I am reading it right the equip bonus is much less than lower gear.
Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

Comments

• sinarrsinarr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I read that as 15% of 300,000 would be 45,000 so if you damage or heal for more the 45,000 , in your example, you would trigger... guess I always read that wrong
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    sinarr said:

I read that as 15% of 300,000 would be 45,000 so if you damage or heal for more the 45,000 , in your example, you would trigger... guess I always read that wrong

That's why I posted I am not sure which one it is. I hope it's your version!
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User

There are a few items in the game that have the below Equip Bonus.

“When you damage or heal your target for more than 15% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, you gain 1% of your health back?”

So, does this mean if I have a toon with 300K HP I have to hit (or heal) an enemy with 15% of 300K for 345K of damage (HP) to receive 3,000 HP in return?

That seems a poor return on investment to me.

There is a nice 1000K level armour I got in a ME but it gives that bonus but if I am reading it right the equip bonus is much less than lower gear.

You only need to damage or heal a target for 45001 or more (assuming exactly 300,000 max HP for your character), to get 3000 HP healing for your character. Based on the math, 45000 is 15% of 300,000. The 345,000 is 115% of 300,000.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    it may be unbuffed hitpoints tho ...which may work in your favor
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    And maybe it works on areas too so you heal more :D
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I've never liked those bonuses for my pally since they nerfed us hard on our damage output. It might be ok for DPSers, or even a healer. But since my favorite dps is wizard, and my favorite healer is a warlock(it's what I have, don't judge) my goal with those guys is to NEVER get hit. So to have a bonus that heals me, when my goal is to not need it, and in most groups I can keep those 2 far enough back that they don't need heal bonus, it is a worthless bonus for me.

I'm also finding that most of the mod 16 artifact set bonuses are actually trash. The only reason to upgrade to those sets is to get the higher HP numbers that the old pieces don't have. It would have been nice if they had updated the old artifacts to the same level as the new ones, so I had more viable choices with MY toons. But they seem to want everyone to have all the same everything, so we don't get any customization with OUR toons anymore. I really enjoyed playing my pally in mod 15, same with my warlock. Now my wizard is the go to guy for most stuff, but he needs to finish the boons...
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

I've never liked those bonuses for my pally since they nerfed us hard on our damage output. It might be ok for DPSers, or even a healer. But since my favorite dps is wizard, and my favorite healer is a warlock(it's what I have, don't judge) my goal with those guys is to NEVER get hit. So to have a bonus that heals me, when my goal is to not need it, and in most groups I can keep those 2 far enough back that they don't need heal bonus, it is a worthless bonus for me.

I'm also finding that most of the mod 16 artifact set bonuses are actually trash. The only reason to upgrade to those sets is to get the higher HP numbers that the old pieces don't have. It would have been nice if they had updated the old artifacts to the same level as the new ones, so I had more viable choices with MY toons. But they seem to want everyone to have all the same everything, so we don't get any customization with OUR toons anymore. I really enjoyed playing my pally in mod 15, same with my warlock. Now my wizard is the go to guy for most stuff, but he needs to finish the boons...

Aye, I don't understand why they didn't allow us to upgrade our current artefacts to level 80 even if it meant we had to upgrade them from 70 to 80 by using refining points. That being said, for my pally I use all new (level 80) artefacts for the stat boost (esp HP) but I kept the Sigil of Paladin as my main. People are always remark how much they appreciate it some of the higher level runs.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Because that would require them to go back and refigure all the old artifacts/gear to match the current levels.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Aye, I don't understand why they didn't allow us to upgrade our current artefacts to level 80 even if it meant we had to upgrade them from 70 to 80 by using refining points. That being said, for my pally I use all new (level 80) artefacts for the stat boost (esp HP) but I kept the Sigil of Paladin as my main. People are always remark how much they appreciate it some of the higher level runs.
    I use my pally sigil in LOMM all the time. Other than that I have all the new gear due to HP and IL requirements. I'm working on a couple of older artifacts for the incoming healing bonus to stack with my 5x tacticals that got nerfed with mod 17(man that still chaps my hide something fierce...) and may run those for my ToMM load out as opposed to say the trob ring, or knives...