test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

disconnecting and tales

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited November 2019 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I've been having a real pingpong battle staying in tales. I'm getting server disconnects 100 percent more often than I used to get. it's really frustrating when you are in x5 and get discod and it doesn't put you back in the game. it's almost to the point where I am afraid to run it. because of pingpong. not only does it ruin my game but it ruins the game for the other four ppl too.

Comments

• propulsionpropulsion Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    yeah the constant disconnects are crazy right now,it's worse when your fighting stuff and a disconnect happens(which) often results in the death of our character
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    PC side too, its quite a pain, and literally robbing people of hard earned event currency.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Add in the horrendous lag that doesn't seem to show up until you're in the x5 run.

We breezed into the final boss on the 5th stage with 16 lives just to fail when we all got hit by huge lag spikes. The screen would freeze up and when the lag passed we would all be dead. We would resurrect and instantly lag and die again, rubberbanded, etc. 16 lives later, we failed, and wasted an hour of time on that run.

We ran Idris multiple times and every single time, it would be almost completely lag free until we got to the final boss on the 5th run. There was zero lag on x1 - x4.

Very annoying. Oh and love my new Mini Hrimnr pet...oh wait that's not an Idris pet....SMH at another PC bug that made it to console.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I am feeling the lag thru most of the runs. I've been doing a lot of rubber banding. getting pulled thru walls and what not. it seems pretty necessary to have a reg heals and pally heal. at this point putting together to groups my want is 3 tomm ready players because of hp and 2 heals. it's not necessary til x5 final boss. the lag deaths are real. not like @ecrana#2080 describes but I'll be low on health get out of the red try to get away from battle til healer can get me and then I get dragged back 30 feet and die at the bosses feet. it seems like most of the healers are incapable of healing on their own for that fight. I've been in some high end groups where it was no problem but when you're dealing with a normal dps group with a couple that have mid 200k hp and regular stats they just can't do it. the all high hp groups fare a lot better.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I feel for you guys, but I have not been having that many issues. I had 3 runs over the weekend with horrible lag, so much so that at one point the team gave up on the 2nd of 5 runs because the lag was bad.

My biggest issue was day 1. I got a solid group we ran 4 x no issues. Then had a glitch on 5th, where we had to defeat ourselves to try and get past it( I think it is the same one that always shows up in the one expedition map). It sent us to the last respawn point. We defeated the boss woohoo everything is awesome. Nope, because we had to defeat ourselves for a glitch, and unwillingly skipped the direhelm forge completely(there was no way to go back) we had to teleport out and sacrifice our hard fought coins. Got rewards for 4 runs, when we shoulda got rewards for 5.

My next biggest issue(not devs fault, or is it...) every group I got into from friday thru sunday, out healer would bale on us after 1 or 2 runs, without saying anything. We still had a ton of lives left, and we wanted to finish, but without being able to call in for reinforcements we had to leave, and break up our group. It would be nice if when one person leaves, the group DIDN'T get broken up. Maybe have a way for the group to go back to PE get our rewards for the runs finished and start spamming for a new player to join us. This one issue alone caused me to spend WAAAAAYYYY more time collecting my 45 coins per day than I feel it should have.
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    It ran great all weekend for me, then yesterday and today have been awful. Getting booted at the end of a x3 makes the last 20 coins a huge pain. It's hard enough to find a group on xbox during the week.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

It ran great all weekend for me, then yesterday and today have been awful. Getting booted at the end of a x3 makes the last 20 coins a huge pain. It's hard enough to find a group on xbox during the week.

It's hard enough to find a good group on xbox for anything period right now. I main a pally tank, and it takes forever to get a healer, let alone a good one.

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I had a hang up the controller moment the other day in frozen keep. On the 5th run I disconnected during the countdown for final boss. We should at least be able to rejoin the instance somehow. It's a shame because I do enjoy running the old dungeons.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC