test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant Pull a Legendary

teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
i just got done opening over 252 Glorious Resurgence lockboxs. while opening the Merchant Prince and Halaster's, that i have not seen one legendary mount, for how frustrating it has been for me so why did they give me. three Tamed Velociraptors, two Cavalry Tyrannosaur, three Triceratops, two Mount packs, and one golden Lion. where i did not get one frog so what gives.?

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    The probability of getting a Legendary from a lockbox is 0.15%. (From tests)

That means 1 of 667 lockboxes on average will give you a Leg mount.
    That also means the probability of getting a Leg mount after opening 667 lockboxes is around 50%.

Good luck!
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    250? wow thats it?
    man ive spam opend loads more than that n nvr evn got a comp pack or epic pull (other than geaar)
    its rng an it sucks B A D
    so far right now ive got a stockpile of over 900keys an i bet i wouldnt get a single lefhe pull if i used em all
    heck since day one on ps4 ive only evr gotten ONE ledge pull n that was in the first 5mnths it came out on ps4
    lockboxes are gambling... n in gambling the house litteraly almost ALWAYS wins
    Post edited by sgtpostal#4408 on
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User

That also means the probability of getting a Leg mount after opening 667 lockboxes is around 50%.

Good luck!

it took me ones 402 keys before i could pull out the War Triceratops from my main why im only able to pull epic stuff on this one

250? wow thats it?
    man ive spam opend loads more than that n nvr evn got a comp pack or epic pull (other than geaar)
    its rng an it sucks B A D
    so far right now ive got a stockpile of over 900keys an i bet i wouldnt get a single lefhe pull if i used em all
    heck since day one on ps4 ive only evr gotten ONE ledge pull n that was in the first 5mnths it came out on ps4
    lockboxes are gambling... n in gambling the house litteraly almost ALWAYS wins</blockquote yeah wasn't sure if they would ever let me pull out a legendary mount for how i just want to give up

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Good luck!

Thanks for info.

That means... from 667 lock boxes you get:
    a 10 million AD legendary companion
    maybe 5x 1 million AD epic companion/mounts
    maybe 5 million AD extra in special items
    and if you sell the contents of the rest at 20,000 AD each you get about 13,200,000 AD

Total value is approximately 30 - 35 million AD ... ~ ... roughly 50,000 AD value per lock box

50,000 AD / 750 AD = 66 Zen

With some sort of coupon used or special... the boxes are equal to straight up Zen conversion to AD.

That means players are not being intentionally ripped off with the Glorious Resurgence Lockbox. They are getting approximate fair value for the box... but it is a gamble box... not a guarantee box. Note that each box type may vary in value according to market rates of the contents they drop. Some will likely be terrible values.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I wish I could sell the contents of any of the lockboxes for 20k per box. With the low value of the artifact drops and RP selling for about 1/3 AD per point, you would be doing good to get half that. The only thing worth getting any more are mounts and insignia.
    edited November 2019

Good luck!

it took me ones 402 keys before i could pull out the War Triceratops from my main why im only able to pull epic stuff on this one
    Remember this is all about the RNG. Statistics just predict what will happen if a large number of lockboxes is opened. In a sample of 1M open lockboxes you likely will see very close to the 0.15% droprate for Leg mounts. Actually the number 0.15% itself is a bit unreliable since it was based on tests with a few thousand opened boxes.

You could very well be lucky and get 10 Leg mounts from the 10 first lockboxes you open.

Or you could be very unlucky like me and get no Leg mount despite having opened my daily VIP lockbox since VIP was introduced.

There is no guaranteed success in this like they coded for the pres wards.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    All leg I pulled was a leg alembic. I hope the RNG god didn't think that this counts.
    In the end, if VIP pays for itself and maybe lets u have some extra (with the rate now ...) it's good enough. If you stop counting on actually getting something worthy from the keys you will have a much better time.
    I DID pull decent enough stuff so far to always have a bit of extra, and thats nice too.

Save up keys, open everything at once, check current market value is the only way to really determine if its worth it for you.
    - bye bye -
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

i just got done opening over 252 Glorious Resurgence lockboxs. while opening the Merchant Prince and Halaster's, that i have not seen one legendary mount, for how frustrating it has been for me so why did they give me. three Tamed Velociraptors, two Cavalry Tyrannosaur, three Triceratops, two Mount packs, and one golden Lion. where i did not get one frog so what gives.?

In a related story, I just went to Vegas, spent $5000 on $1 slot machines and... OUTRAGE... I did NOT win the $1 million jackpot!

What gives?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

In a related story, I just went to Vegas, spent $5000 on $1 slot machines and... OUTRAGE... I did NOT win the $1 million jackpot!

What gives?
    I've bought hundreds of lottery tickets and I still haven't hit the jackpot. :( I think that's rigged too.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    one of my accounts in mod12 did pull out a War Rex mount where my main did get lucky as well doing 4 of them since i cant do it on this one
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    4000+ glorious and 0 legendary drop. I lost around 40% of the AD invested.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

Can I ask, they keys you purchased, did you use AD earned in the game or did you buy them through Zen directly?
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Wow. Tahts just so hard to hear. RNG really doesn't seem to be WAI if this is the case
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    That's the story of lockboxes...

My brother and me both pulled a Legendary Mount in the first months with only the keys from the VIP (started the game in december 2017, get VIP in february 2017, Leg mount in march for my brother and april for me). So my main TR and his main OP were happy.

Then, both of us made a stockpile of keys, from VIP and some buying with AD=>Zen + -%coup as we were looking for another one to put on our 2nd main toon (my DC and his CW).
    I opened somewhere around 1500 chests since the Lego drop, usually in series of 300, but had no more luck.
    My bro opened more than 1800 chests since the Lego, 1 serie of 400, 2 series of 700, but had no more luck too.

The last opening serie of lockboxes + the Undermoutain disappointment and changes + the disgust of wild RNG (too frequently a system of RNG over RNG over RNG) broke my brother's appetite and desire to play NWO and made him not renew his VIP during the last jubilee.
    He played until the last day of it (september) and then never came back.

I miss him in game :P, and I'm now drifting away from Neverwinter since we started playing together some other multiplayers game (not mmorpg) in october.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I'm not against lockboxes. I like them in the game. If, however, a player's objective is to draw a legendary mount... they are better off buying one on the market.

Cost on market: 10 - 20 million for BiS mounts
    Cost of 666 lock boxes with 1 mount (on average): 45 million

The latter is either more fun, or more work depending on personal point of view. As long as you get the Legendary mount out of the boxes in a decent amount of draws... you could come out ahead on value, but just buying the desired mount straight up seems like the better option for any player that needs a legendary mount right now.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

Try that trick with a new lockboxes and you gona loose 80% of invested ADs....
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @teamstephon

First of all - like many before stated here - lockboxes are pure gamble.

But it was not like that all the time
    In fact veteran players could tell you how much ADs we were able to make on lockboxes.

In short - casual player lets say 2 years ago could easly get enaugh of ADs from his VIP keys only, to be able to renew his VIP account, but there was almost always something on top of that - even with bad luck doubling a value of ADs invested in VIP drops was a common situation.

(Previous VIP cost was 500k AD without a discount voucher)

Veteran players was saving ADs to change them to ZENs to buy lockbox keys during jubilee or black weeks etc so with about 40% discount. Then they were keeping them for nice lockboxes to have a higher chance to get better legendary mount. Whatever was taken out was again kept for double enchants events so you got tons of refining (witch was worthy back then) and then again - you waited for prices to rise after events ended up.

Please keep in mind that back then there was 100AD : 1ZEN ratio and some sought after mounts like Tenser was worth about 25KK ADs per piece (if not more).

So for experianced and patient player investment of 20kk AD was easly bringin at least 10kk AD profit even without legendary mount drop.

But that is a history now......

Current lockboxes and their content are as bad as they could be.
    AD to ZEN ratio rised.
    New lockbox content is not influenced with "double events" any more.
    Most of mounts/companions from them are worthless, not to mention almost all artifacts and gear.
    Almost all armor/weapon enchants are worthless as well, not to mention prices of refining materials.
    And on top of that - Prices of legendary mounts dropped severly.

So yeah - even with best RNG its really hard to get any profit out of new lockboxes, and old ones are running out.

So - go ahead buy yourself a VIP - it is very usefull - and is in fact worth buying even without a keys added.

But buying keys in hopes of get anything usefull out of them, is like counting you gona get something worthy from dungeon completion here..... a highly unlikely
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I have unlocked 4 legendary profession tools! =)

I can't sell them to save my life.

Given up now.
    i have not seen one legendary mount through this hole game so why can we not have one sent to are mail even if im not asking for it to be sold or traded?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I still think there are times when you have bad neutral and good luck in this game. I doubt it's on purpose but it seems to be some kind of bug in the game. there are days I know to stay away from keys and times when the luck is in my favor and keys tend to drop epics and legs. I've had pretty good luck with leg drops in this game and really good luck with epics. part of it definitely is about having will power not to use keys when nothing is going my way rng wise. if you're runnign dungeons and getting some awesome epic pulls one after the other.. might be time to open a few keys.
    edited November 2019

i have not seen one legendary mount through this hole game so why can we not have one sent to are mail even if im not asking for it to be sold or traded?

Why would they do that?
    Zen/Key purchases are the primary source of revenue for the game.
    I don't think you read anything explained in this thread.
    Allow me to summarize, @teamstephon ...

1) Lockboxes are gambling. They are not a reliable source of any BiS gear.
    2) You are highly unlikely to get a legendary without spending more on zen/keys than you would spend just buying one in the AH.
    3) The Company does not give two HAMSTERs if you have a legendary or not. No, they will not give you one for free.

TLDR
    Want a Legendary? Save your AD and buy one on the AH.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.

No, they will not give you one for free.

Except there is Leg mount on the rewards list for the upcoming Hell Pit event, and from event description it might not be that hard to get. Unknown exactly what it takes to get one though.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

I still think there are times when you have bad neutral and good luck in this game. I doubt it's on purpose but it seems to be some kind of bug in the game. there are days I know to stay away from keys and times when the luck is in my favor and keys tend to drop epics and legs. I've had pretty good luck with leg drops in this game and really good luck with epics. part of it definitely is about having will power not to use keys when nothing is going my way rng wise. if you're runnign dungeons and getting some awesome epic pulls one after the other.. might be time to open a few keys.

I don't think Cryptic has a hidden luck stat on here, but I did on Guild Wars. They didn't hide it either, there is an actual stat in the original game that grants you a title and even effects your chance to salvage successfully. The image on the right shows I have a 41% chance to destroy this item by removing a component.

The Guild Wars version of coalescent ward is a perfect salvage kit and it allows 5 uses at 100%. They stopped making content, so I don't play as often.
    wb-cenders.gif

No, they will not give you one for free.

Except there is Leg mount on the rewards list for the upcoming Hell Pit event, and from event description it might not be that hard to get. Unknown exactly what it takes to get one though.
    That ain't "free", cousin.
    That's like calling Tales of Old artifacts "free".
    Or Watcher set "free".
    Or Chult Hunt gear "free".
    That is grind-currency loot.
    You pay for it by grinding/increasing their player login times.

Free TV? You pay by watching commercials.
    Free social networks? You pay by sharing your personal data (sold to advertisers).
    FTP game? You pay by grinding for hours, filling the virtual world with a population and attracting "real" (paying) customers.

Nothing is free, homie... especially in a free to play game.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

That is grind-currency loot.
    You pay for it by grinding/increasing their player login times.

Free TV? You pay by watching commercials.
    Free social networks? You pay by sharing your personal data (sold to advertisers).
    FTP game? You pay by grinding for hours, filling the virtual world with a population and attracting "real" (paying) customers.

Nothing is free, homie... especially in a free to play game.

When you start racking up 4 hours a day 7 days a week, you are working a part time job. I say 4 hours because this is what Cryptic Studios suggests by the invoking of characters; 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes comes to 4 hours. Not everyone will stay online to complete it, but some people do. If I am full invoking, I watch an episode of NCIS on TV at the 45 minute timer, return invoke and find another show or do my crafts for an hour, etc..

But I like the idea of an MMO that gets it's revenue from commercials. If it was done correctly, it could add to the immersion of the game. It would have to be contemporary, but the idea of driving a car down a freeway and seeing a Burger King billboard isn't unrealistic.

We just went through Liar's Masquerade offering an Epic "free broom". I told everyone in chat how to get the free broom, some scoffed and others trusted what I told them. It took my warlock an average of 15 minutes to get 20 bags from the PE Illusionists collected. Roughly 80 bags an hour and about 2 tokens per bag came to 160 tokens per hour. I went for 1,500 tokens just in case they raised the price. This means I spent about 8 to 10 hours grinding (working the game and not playing the game) for this broom. I wonder how many hours need to be spent grinding to get that Legendary mount in the "Hell Pit"?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2019

When you start racking up 4 hours a day 7 days a week, you are working a part time job. I say 4 hours because this is what Cryptic Studios suggests by the invoking of characters; 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes comes to 4 hours. Not everyone will stay online to complete it, but some people do. If I am full invoking, I watch an episode of NCIS on TV at the 45 minute timer, return invoke and find another show or do my crafts for an hour, etc..

Hmm! You do that at different time and don't need to hang around to wait for it. It is like saying I am eating for 10 hours because I do once in the morning, another one 4 hour later and another one 6 hours later.
    Those have time to access the game in various hours 6 times can do that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***