test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of old bug (can not enter again)

I did x3 times run today with one of my alts in frozen heart before it changes to dread vault. So we completed x3 runs as 4 people because one of us got disconnected. When I got out of the instance, back to protectors enclave, I did not get any coins of tales of old. I got only x1 the first time I talked to nipsy. The problem now is that I cannot interact with the entrace again. It says "everyone in your party....read rules..have not any quests..". I have obviously read the rules thats how I got in in the first place, and I have not any quests in my journal related to the event. That has only happened to one of my charactes. I maybe not have talked to nipsy before I left the instance though( the first x3 runs I did). I just jumped out through the portal. Just mentioning it because that may be the only thing I did differently compaired to other characters, along with buying one great retelling buyout for this character. Anyone having similar issues? Should I expect for this to be fixed so I can run with this character?

Comments

• evanapos#2515 evanapos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Update: I still cant interact with entrance after todays change to throne of idris.
  • max10#4482 max10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Exactly. I've been reporting this bug for two days and so far there has been no return of support. A complete disrespect to the players.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue is being reported for investigation.
  • mark1971jmsmark1971jms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    This issue has been going on since Idris (before the grand retelling). It's very frustrating to have completed something only to end up empty handed.

Below is what I saw when I was able to get reconnected to the game (it took 4 tries).

[21:38] [System Notify] Joined channel "Queue Group".
    [21:38] [System Notify] Joined channel "Looking For Group".
    [21:38] [System Notify] Joined channel "Trade".
    [21:38] [System Notify] Joined channel "Zone".
    [21:38] [System Notify] Joined channel "Guild".
    [21:38] [System Notify] Joined channel "Alliance".
    [21:38] [System Notify] Joined channel "Party".
    [21:38] [System Notify] You have joined the party.
    [21:38] [System Notify] Party loot mode has been set to Round Robin.
    [21:38] [System Notify] Party loot quality threshold has been set to Uncommon (green).
    [21:39] [Party] Filnramus@mark1971jms: got kicked out and just now able to log back in
    [21:40] [Party] Freya Odinsdottir@gurneyhal: stay in party i think it will be ok maybe
    [21:40] [Party] Filnramus@mark1971jms: that's what I'm hoping

I included this to hopefully help the devs chase down what's causing this. Something I don't understand though, in the other dungeons, as long as you end back up in the party, you can rejoin them in the dungeon. What is different about the Tales of Old dungeons?
  • bgl#5946 bgl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Does anyone remember if returning after disconnect worked any time before in tales of the old? I think it did not. It's just that disconnect happen more often nowadays.

Anyways, that kind of behaviour should be (have been) a standard test for every dungeon, especially the hard ones.
  • max10#4482 max10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've been complaining about this coming from the beginning of the event and so far have not solved the problem and have not even given any response to the tickets i posted. Amazing carelessness and disrespect towards the players, I am about to give up on playing this game as it is very frustrating to say the least and not offensive.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    bgl#5946 said:

Does anyone remember if returning after disconnect worked any time before in tales of the old? I think it did not. It's just that disconnect happen more often nowadays.

Anyways, that kind of behaviour should be (have been) a standard test for every dungeon, especially the hard ones.

Its been an issue since ToO started this year. If i remember correctly Cryptic has posted a couple of times believing they solved the issue and fixed the bug, but the event has NEVER allowed someone to return after a DC, despite was posted by the dev team. I have lost 2 runs in 4 days because of rubberbanding disconnects to the main healer, ending the run.